Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-15-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
Mrpaintballordie

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
2010 M6 CTSV

What would you guys do? I've been saving over summer and I'm almost ready to drop a down payment on a new set ride. I'm looking at a 2010 Manual CTSV sedan. Has anyone here owned one? Driven one? I'm curious about them before I purchase. And now dealerships around here have one I can test drive. I'm curious about comfort level, sound system and ect. Any advice or info is greatly appreciated
Old 12-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpaintballordie View Post
What would you guys do? I've been saving over summer and I'm almost ready to drop a down payment on a new set ride. I'm looking at a 2010 Manual CTSV sedan. Has anyone here owned one? Driven one? I'm curious about them before I purchase. And now dealerships around here have one I can test drive. I'm curious about comfort level, sound system and ect. Any advice or info is greatly appreciated
Always test drive a car before you purchase...your opinion might be different from others.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:40 PM   #3
usafboy

Drives: 2010 Silver SS/RS LS3
Text drive one and you'll know for sure. I'd get one if I could afford one.
Mods...so far: resonator/muffler delete, tinted everything, '13 shift knob/boot, bowtie delete, PFADT sway bars, CAI intake, Hurst short shifter, JBA cat deletes, BMR trailing arms/outer bushings/steering rack bushing, Bo White ported TB.
Rhino79 Dyno tuned...405 HP/399 TQ
usafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:18 PM   #4
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
I picked one up about a month ago and absolutely love mine! Mine is a 2011 ctsv wagon auto. Much smoothier and luxuries than the ss but honestly in stock form nkt as fun as my heads cam full bolt on ss manual (which i still have).

With about 6k in mods it will be a high 10/low 11 second car =). They are a beast and to those who knkw what they are are attention getters. By all means op if you can swing one do it!
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:21 PM   #5
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Meeeeeeee to !
Ctsvowners.com
Recaro's
I test drove one (Hendrick sells man was a Richard) for my long leg Fam of 3 it was awesome space wise. "Sport" mode the V was flatter in the turns vs my Camaro . Acceleration was effortless.
Now searching for a diamond in the rough (black diamond, satin wheels, recaros) that fits the bill.
Good luck .

Last edited by matt55; 12-29-2014 at 09:52 AM. Reason: because dyslexic.
matt55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #6
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt55 View Post
Meeeeeeee to !
Ctsvowners.com
Recaro's
I test drove one (Hendrick sells man was a Richard) for my long leg Fam of 3 it was awesome space wise. "Sport" mode the V was flatter in the truns vs my Camaro . Acceleration was effortless.
Now searching for a diamond in the rough (black diamond, satin wheels, recaros) that fits the bill.
Good luck .
That is the exact combo I am looking for near the end of next year. Love my SS but that CTS-V is calling me
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #7
Lawdog1911
ZL1 Dreamin

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2010 2SS (RIP)
Why do some models have 5 lugs and some 6 lugs?

Matte Black Jeep GC SRT8 20 inch wheels, SRT8 Sway Bars, Custom Hood, black Plasi-dip Custom Cross Road Runner Stripes and decals, Custom Rear Diffuser, Plasti-dip rear black out Panel. Halo Fog lights.

Please Help if you can Paypal: icanbe_reached@hotmail.com
Lawdog1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:33 PM   #8
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
That is the exact combo I am looking for near the end of next year. Love my SS but that CTS-V is calling me
In S FL I see about one a month pop up , but NONE close to me .
I let a really nice one in FL slip by while I was looking and waiting for a cheap flight before thanksgiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdog1911 View Post
Why do some models have 5 lugs and some 6 lugs?
All +2009 cts-v are 5 lugs , v1 had the 6 lugs .
Old 12-19-2014, 08:58 PM   #9
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
I had a 2010 SS Imperial Blue like you. Needed 4 doors without sacrificing performance. CTS-V is an easy decision. One of the best handling luxury performance sedans on the market. Low cost of ownership and a plethora of aftermarket options. A lot of car for the money if you can swing it. Lacks the fun factor of the SS but more appealing in other areas.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:16 PM   #10
Mrpaintballordie

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
I had a 2010 SS Imperial Blue like you. Needed 4 doors without sacrificing performance. CTS-V is an easy decision. One of the best handling luxury performance sedans on the market. Low cost of ownership and a plethora of aftermarket options. A lot of car for the money if you can swing it. Lacks the fun factor of the SS but more appealing in other areas.
I'm going to have to work my ass off for it. But I think it'll be worth the money. Gonna go test drive one this Monday. How's the stereo in it? Because the camaros it kinda lacking.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #11
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
I'm going to have to work my ass off for it. But I think it'll be worth the money. Gonna go test drive one this Monday. How's the stereo in it? Because the camaros it kinda lacking.
Factory Bose is good for a Bose. Probably the best Bose implementation I have experienced but not up to par with factory systems from HK, ML, BW, Meridian. The thing is at low volumes it sounds flat no matter the source or settings, but opens up fairly well at medium to high volume. Bass from factory subwoofer is pretty tight and doesn't rattle. Factory stereo is good enough for 99% of drivers. So much else to enjoy in these cars, stereo almost an afterthought.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote