Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-02-2018, 10:55 AM   #57
bjzq8

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10, Orange Crush
Somebody posted a drawing of a Camaro crossover concept awhile back:

https://cdn.drivemag.net/media/defau...ult-large.jpeg

I'd buy one of those if it had a V-8 in it, and I imagine that a lot of other people would too. I loved my GMC Typhoon when I had it. If Chevy wanted to increase Camaro sales, they'd go that direction, instead of the sports-car direction. I love my 16 SS, but it is pretty cramped for most people.
bjzq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 11:40 AM   #58
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjzq8 View Post
Somebody posted a drawing of a Camaro crossover concept awhile back:

https://cdn.drivemag.net/media/defau...ult-large.jpeg

I'd buy one of those if it had a V-8 in it, and I imagine that a lot of other people would too. I loved my GMC Typhoon when I had it. If Chevy wanted to increase Camaro sales, they'd go that direction, instead of the sports-car direction. I love my 16 SS, but it is pretty cramped for most people.
thatis not a camaro.its like comparing a camaro to the box it came in...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:31 PM   #59
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Yeh...no question, does look nice. And they run cool Dodge Bro. ads too.
A little too retro for me. The Charger 392, now that's more like it but too pricey.
3 things turned me away from Dodge when I was shopping around. Size, weight and interior layout. But, I'll still take one over a Mustang!
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:39 PM   #60
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
It's not really a Charger if it has four doors.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:40 PM   #61
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
The more cars out the more more outfits will produce and develop after market performance parts. If enough cars then competition will pickup in the aftermarket and parts will drop in price.
Lots of parts sharing with GM, so aftermarket shouldn't be an issue.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:39 PM   #62
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
It's not really a Charger if it has four doors.
Yeah well it's not really a Camaro if it doesn't have a 327 tied up to a powerglide.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:55 PM   #63
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Yeah well it's not really a Camaro if it doesn't have a 327 tied up to a powerglide.
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:29 PM   #64
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Quote:
Yeh...no question, does look nice. And they run cool Dodge Bro. ads too.
Still get a lot of compliments on my '79 vette, "that the C3's look fast standing still". Challengers look big and heavy standing still (and are!). If more 60/70's style cars were still around, the Challenger would be competing in the size class of a Chevelle or a Torino, not a Camaro or Mustang. It is big.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:18 PM   #65
The_DarkKnight

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
lack of advertising and for marketing along with other dumb decisions, why should anyone have to wait months for a ZL1 or 1LE if sales are low build as many of the versions people are buying as quick as possible
The_DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:29 AM   #66
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Lack of viability, a back seat that is only for looks or to throw your coat on and maybe even them dropping in the reliability rating could all be a factor. I also believe that many of the old schoolers either already have one or miss the retro look of the Gen5. Who knows. Cars sales across the board are way down too you have to remember. People would rather spend 70grand to set high and get 12MPGs. Go figure.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 01:54 PM   #67
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Here’s an idea from a potential buyer waiting to purchase . I suggested in another thread that the Camaro needed a base price leader car . A base V8 muscle car with a 30-32k price. I really believe that the mustang and specifically the challenger do very well by offering many different models for many different people and price points. Of course when I suggested this I was flamed and told by the Camaro crowd that what Camaro needed was more expensive models that people were really looking for hundred thousand dollar and up Camaros that’s what people are craving. I of course disagree and I’m on the opposite end of that , Chevrolet used to be always great value that’s why the original Camaro did so well it was a lot of car for the money , now it’s the most expensive and not selling. New taillights are not going to save it and people saying a refresh or whatever the challengers basically the same and it’s selling great . A V-8 Camaro with a 29,995 retail sticker price and a decent advertising campaign and they would sell plenty , and they would also get some buzz on the Camaro line in general and a little traffic in the show room. They need to try something because it’s a great looking car and a good car but it’s not selling so there’s something major missing.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:42 PM   #68
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
Here’s an idea from a potential buyer waiting to purchase . I suggested in another thread that the Camaro needed a base price leader car . A base V8 muscle car with a 30-32k price. I really believe that the mustang and specifically the challenger do very well by offering many different models for many different people and price points. Of course when I suggested this I was flamed and told by the Camaro crowd that what Camaro needed was more expensive models that people were really looking for hundred thousand dollar and up Camaros that’s what people are craving. I of course disagree and I’m on the opposite end of that , Chevrolet used to be always great value that’s why the original Camaro did so well it was a lot of car for the money , now it’s the most expensive and not selling. New taillights are not going to save it and people saying a refresh or whatever the challengers basically the same and it’s selling great . A V-8 Camaro with a 29,995 retail sticker price and a decent advertising campaign and they would sell plenty , and they would also get some buzz on the Camaro line in general and a little traffic in the show room. They need to try something because it’s a great looking car and a good car but it’s not selling so there’s something major missing.
It's not lack of advertising. And GM has zero desire to sell you a V8 Camaro for not much more than a V6 today. Can't give all that HP away for free, even if a push rod V8 costs substantially less than an DOHC V6 which it does, at least last time I saw any numbers. I'm pretty sure a 5.3L from the pickups costs less than a DOHC V6. Think trading 2 cylinders and pistons for 3 extra camshafts and 8 valves and all the associated machining. Of Course the 5.3L V8 would not perform much better than the V6 if at all and the FE would be much worse.

But I challenge you to come up with a list of content GM could eliminate to give you a sub $30,000 V8 Camaro. GM should not (as a stock holder with a pension coming someday) ever make less money just to give a customer more than is possible.

I think GM should sell me a ZR1 Corvette for $59,000 because that's what I want and i'm positive sales would increase. Or just sell me a ZL1 for $49,000, that would triple sales I'm sure and I'm sure GM would make a crap load of money on it.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:08 PM   #69
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
It's not lack of advertising. And GM has zero desire to sell you a V8 Camaro for not much more than a V6 today. Can't give all that HP away for free, even if a push rod V8 costs substantially less than an DOHC V6 which it does, at least last time I saw any numbers. I'm pretty sure a 5.3L from the pickups costs less than a DOHC V6. Think trading 2 cylinders and pistons for 3 extra camshafts and 8 valves and all the associated machining. Of Course the 5.3L V8 would not perform much better than the V6 if at all and the FE would be much worse.

But I challenge you to come up with a list of content GM could eliminate to give you a sub $30,000 V8 Camaro. GM should not (as a stock holder with a pension coming someday) ever make less money just to give a customer more than is possible.

I think GM should sell me a ZR1 Corvette for $59,000 because that's what I want and i'm positive sales would increase. Or just sell me a ZL1 for $49,000, that would triple sales I'm sure and I'm sure GM would make a crap load of money on it.

I like the way you think.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:33 PM   #70
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
[/B]
I like the way you think.
I am also hopeful of winning the Powerball..................or Megamillions jackpots this coming Friday or Saturday. Both are equally likely to a $49,000 ZL1 or a $59,000 ZR1.