Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-24-2017, 10:10 PM   #883
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
How can I be a Troll, I've been here longer than most of you guys.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:23 AM   #884
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
And another safety recall on the 18 Mustang. This one is for the cluster not illuminating properly or something...lol!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 02:01 AM   #885
magGT

Drives: 2015 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
And another safety recall on the 18 Mustang. This one is for the cluster not illuminating properly or something...lol!!
lol is your life that sad that you take pleasure when a company and car you dont even have doesnt do something right? Some of you people need to find another hobby.

Nothing here is important. No one cares if your camaro is faster or his mustang is faster or someones bmw is faster. Legitimately, this shit never happens in real life. Go to a track day and all you will see is people of all cars and cultures getting along and not caring about who has what.

Seriously, some people here and on the mustang forums and any car forums take this shit way too seriously. Just enjoy your car, and let other people enjoy theirs. If you find a troll just ignore him and move on. Embrace other people and be happy the mustang and dodges exist in this world or the Camaro would suck shit without competition.

Happy holidays.
magGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 02:30 AM   #886
mvfjet

Drives: hoopty mustake
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
You can get M6 ZL1's for mid 50's right now....

2018 ZL1 M6 - 50k
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6448/overview/

2018 ZL1 M6 - 52k
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...1106/overview/
At that price if it were near me I'd go check that out and probably be buying it lol. Is there a reason the M6 ZL1's have the bogging issue?
mvfjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 03:56 AM   #887
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by magGT View Post
lol is your life that sad that you take pleasure when a company and car you dont even have doesnt do something right? Some of you people need to find another hobby.

Nothing here is important. No one cares if your camaro is faster or his mustang is faster or someones bmw is faster. Legitimately, this shit never happens in real life. Go to a track day and all you will see is people of all cars and cultures getting along and not caring about who has what.

Seriously, some people here and on the mustang forums and any car forums take this shit way too seriously. Just enjoy your car, and let other people enjoy theirs. If you find a troll just ignore him and move on. Embrace other people and be happy the mustang and dodges exist in this world or the Camaro would suck shit without competition.

Happy holidays.
You mad bro?
Old 12-25-2017, 08:28 AM   #888
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvfjet View Post
At that price if it were near me I'd go check that out and probably be buying it lol. Is there a reason the M6 ZL1's have the bogging issue?
looks like GM has some TM drivetrain protection built in the factory tune
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 08:38 AM   #889
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
LOL!! No more trolls!! The Camaro with the M6 trans kicks the A10 GT's ass and the fanboy-trolls disappear one by one. I have a feeling that they'll be back for the H2H with the PP2 and we'll have to whup on them yet again. But for now they crawled right on back utterly defeated.

I am looking forward to seeing what the PP2 does. I think it might keep up with the 1LE at best. But it won't beat the 1LE. I don't think they'll see a win until the GT500 comes out.
12.6 vs 12.6 is not really an ass kicking, its a tie which is exactly what every sane person has been claiming the two cars were since 1/4 mile times for the GT were released.

You guys dont get to claim the A8 is faster because Edmunds didnt run an A8 they ran an M6, you guys are so big on same day same driver comparisons...well now you have to wait for one.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 08:53 AM   #890
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magGT View Post

Happy holidays.
You do know he's just messing around right? Ribbing the Mustang guys. It's in good fun. You just read text. You don't know Blaqwhole personally so. Same goes for what I type on here. I'm completely just messing with the Mustang guys. I could care less if they troll in here. It's just fun getting them all riled up.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:04 PM   #891
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
12.6 vs 12.6 is not really an ass kicking, its a tie which is exactly what every sane person has been claiming the two cars were since 1/4 mile times for the GT were released.

You guys dont get to claim the A8 is faster because Edmunds didnt run an A8 they ran an M6, you guys are so big on same day same driver comparisons...well now you have to wait for one.
You guys came over here claiming victory before either of these two cars were tested and before the GT even hit the dealerships. Just to get proven wrong. And it doesn't take a genius to know that the A8 SS is faster than the M6 SS. So I'm right on point by saying the A8 SS will also kick the A10 GT's ass. BTW, I was comparing ALL the performance specs. The GT is nowhere close in handling and braking. The fact that it couldn't do better than the M6 SS in the quarter mile makes this a complete ass kicking.

Last edited by BlaqWhole; 12-25-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-25-2017, 05:30 PM   #892
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
You guys came over here claiming victory before either of these two cars were tested and before the GT even hit the dealerships. Just to get proven wrong. And it doesn't take a genius to know that the A8 SS is faster than the M6 SS. So I'm right on point by saying the A8 SS will also kick the A10 GT's ass. BTW, I was comparing ALL the performance specs. The GT is nowhere close in handling and braking. The fact that it couldn't do better than the M6 SS in the quarter mile makes this a complete ass kicking.
I did another highway pull today. I might post it up on Youtube just to see how many Mustang trolls come out again............trying to call me out. Knowing damn well their precious GT can't flip the speedo like my Zl1 can. Even with a tune and tire. Shoot, even with intake, tune, fuel, tire, exhaust, headers, you name it, they still have no shot at burning me. I'll let u know if I decide to post it up. ; )
Old 12-25-2017, 06:50 PM   #893
Poppacapp

Drives: 2017 Grand Sport
There seems to be alot of arguing and emphasis over what these cars do stock. Honestly.... Who cares?

Bottom line is this:

Take both cars.. 6gen, and GT. What can you do to each to make it the fastest? Ok, so do it.

And the verdict:

Mustang wins. It has been winning since the introduction of the 6gen and still is. Throw some twins on the 5.0 with fueling and converter, and it will outperform the LT1 with whatever setup you want to put on it...period. Want proof? No 6gen has gone faster than the S550s yet all out.

As a former S550 owner, I can say they are nice cars... with lot of potential. Same with the 6gens. I LOVE my Grand Sport though... it is by far my favorite car I have owned so far. The LT1 has its advantages, and disadvantages.... same as the 5.0.

And this is not bias speaking. I am unbiased and purchase what I like...ie my Grand Sport currently.

It is a waste of time to argue about what these cars are doing off the dealer lot because we all know that they will not stay that way for the majority of us. The 15-17 GTs were at a disadvantage NA.. the 18GT evens that playing field IMO, at least with both having boltons. I believe the LT1 will have the advantage when a Head/Cam NA setup comes into play over the 18 5.0.

So there it is.... all troofusususes and faxxxes..

Poppacapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 08:01 PM   #894
jmackisback

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppacapp View Post
There seems to be alot of arguing and emphasis over what these cars do stock. Honestly.... Who cares?

Bottom line is this:

Take both cars.. 6gen, and GT. What can you do to each to make it the fastest? Ok, so do it.

And the verdict:

Mustang wins. It has been winning since the introduction of the 6gen and still is. Throw some twins on the 5.0 with fueling and converter, and it will outperform the LT1 with whatever setup you want to put on it...period. Want proof? No 6gen has gone faster than the S550s yet all out.

As a former S550 owner, I can say they are nice cars... with lot of potential. Same with the 6gens. I LOVE my Grand Sport though... it is by far my favorite car I have owned so far. The LT1 has its advantages, and disadvantages.... same as the 5.0.

And this is not bias speaking. I am unbiased and purchase what I like...ie my Grand Sport currently.

It is a waste of time to argue about what these cars are doing off the dealer lot because we all know that they will not stay that way for the majority of us. The 15-17 GTs were at a disadvantage NA.. the 18GT evens that playing field IMO, at least with both having boltons. I believe the LT1 will have the advantage when a Head/Cam NA setup comes into play over the 18 5.0.

So there it is.... all troofusususes and faxxxes..

Lol. I love your absurd bias. Ridiculous and naive.

1987 Camaro V6
1988 Camaro IROC Z
1993 Camaro Z28
1999 Camaro SS
2017 Camaro SS
jmackisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 08:05 PM   #895
Poppacapp

Drives: 2017 Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackisback View Post
Lol. I love your absurd bias. Ridiculous and naive.
Yet everything I said was the truth. Prove me wrong?

Poppacapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 08:13 PM   #896
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppacapp View Post

Bottom line is this:

And the verdict:

Completely incorrect. If you're talking all out max effort cars with unlimited potential and unlimited money thrown at them then it can go either way. Which is why we avoid bringing mods into the discussion. Because it blurs the debate. And it comes down to the driver at that point. Every little mistake will make a huge difference.

If you're talking about FBO including boost but remaining streetable then it still goes either way. I've seen GTs with FBO and boost do mid 11s. And I've seen 6th Gen SS with nothing but boost hit low 11s even into the high 10s. What does that tell you? And I've seen it the other way around too. There are many many factors involved including who can trim more weight, the tires used, how the combo is set up (efficient setups will always have an advantage over inefficient ones), etc. It isn't a "Mustang will definitely win" issue at all. Not even close. Plus there are way to many different modifications to even justify that statement. FBO and full weight. FBO tubbed. Etc. How do you know the GTs you saw weren't gutted to extreme measures? How would I know. These types of races are reserved for different categories where there are rules regarding what can and can't be done or what the minimum weight requirement is. But all of that is getting into a whole nother ballgame.

All things being equal, the one car I would say is superior in the quarter mile mod for mod is the Hellcat. No other car I know of exists that with nothing but bolt-ons (including E85 and/or meth) can safely and reliably get into the 900s on the stock blower, stock heads, stock cam, and with the stock engine internals. Do a pulley, E85, tune, tire, and driveshaft and you'll be close to 800 to the wheels all day safely. Port the blower, add LTs, and you'll see 900s. With just a pulley swap and tune they'll make approx 750 to the wheels. And the Demon will be even more intense. But even that is a discussion for a different day.

We debate this stuff because that is what we do. What I don't understand is why people who don't understand why we debate show up to these threads trying to rationalize. If you don't understand it or don't like it, then let those of us that do understand it comment. I don't care about vinyl wrapping, cosmetic shit, which wax is the best, which wheel looks better, how far it can be lowered, or any of that other stuff. Do I go on those sub-forums trying to tell people that vinyl wrapping doesn't matter? Or saying "who cares" when someone wants to know which wheel looks better? No, I don't. I stay out of it. So if it doesn't interest you, then ok fine. But you don't have to tune in or jump in either. Simple as that. Let those of us who are interested in these debates do what we do.