The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-21-2023, 06:56 AM   #519
MXR

Drives: 13 ZL1 JDP 850
How long until the ZR2 hits the dealer floors ?

Last edited by MXR; 06-21-2023 at 06:56 AM. Reason: .
MXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 09:30 AM   #520
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXR View Post
How long until the ZR2 hits the dealer floors ?
Should have been happening now, but at this point I think we are looking at the August to September time frame before they start really trickling in.

Heck...using the typical car sites like AutoTrader, I can't find a single new Canyon anywhere less than roughly 100 miles from me. Sad. This role out has been terrible...but I don't blame gm for all of it.
Old 06-22-2023, 12:29 PM   #521
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Should have been happening now, but at this point I think we are looking at the August to September time frame before they start really trickling in.

Heck...using the typical car sites like AutoTrader, I can't find a single new Canyon anywhere less than roughly 100 miles from me. Sad. This role out has been terrible...but I don't blame gm for all of it.
A dealer here had a few available recently. A 50k AT4 (it was gone in days before I could even look at it) and an Elevation for 37k or so still on the lot. Local Chevy dealers all seems to have a handful of Colorados. I'm also noticing a ton of posts online where folks are detailing their recent deliveries. Soon you'll have your pick on the lot.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 02:02 PM   #522
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Rolled over 1000 miles yesterday. My best 50 mile average MPG is just over 21, which I'm happy with. It's similar the 6.2L ZR2 in that if you're not going 85mph on the highway, it gets decent mpg. The lifetime MPG is around 17, which is better than I ever did the ZR2. Pretty happy with the truck overall. I added red tailgate inserts and a soft roll up tonneau. I'm waiting on black emblems and I'll be ordering the ZR2 skid plates soon.

I'm having a hard time getting someone to make Colorado sized Trail Boss decals. They're smaller than the Silverado and no one has any color options yet for Colorado. I've sent pics and dimensions to Emblemsplus and they seemed to be on top of getting them made but they've not responded to me lately.
Attached Images

GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 02:37 PM   #523
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I'm at 18.3 MPG lifetime with 1100 miles on the Canyon.
Old 07-05-2023, 02:45 PM   #524
snizzle
Recalled user

My 2018 Z71 V6 is at 18.9, 47k miles, heavy city driving slant. I can get mid 20s pretty easily on the highway. I would note both of your vehicles are lifted, wider stance, etc. I am guessing the WT/LT Colorado might do better.

Btw, I had to take mine back to the shop for the dreaded trans shudder, the flush cleared it up (again). I hope a torque converter is not in my future after powertrain warranty expires. I also hope for your sake that this new revised 8spd was truly revised/fixed.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
RX Catch Can
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 07-19-2023, 02:37 PM   #525
MXR

Drives: 13 ZL1 JDP 850
I see some dealers advertising the ZR 2 in the Autotrader online . No pics of them on the lot yet .
MXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 06:55 AM   #526
snizzle
Recalled user

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXR View Post
I see some dealers advertising the ZR 2 in the Autotrader online . No pics of them on the lot yet .
Some have already been delivered to customers.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
RX Catch Can
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 07-20-2023, 12:46 PM   #527
KMPrenger

Well, seems like you two are at, or below the EPA estimates which is a bummer. Most are reporting EPA or better mileage on the poll on the other forum.

I wonder if GM offered the new 2.5 in these trucks (with perhaps a slightly high rear end gear ratio?) what kind of mileage that would get? Yeah, I don't see gm doing it, but the 2.5 could work in these trucks in my opinion. That said...I'd want the 2.7 for sure.
Old 07-20-2023, 02:03 PM   #528
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
To be fair there was a lot of city driving when I first got mine so that might've skewed the lifetime MPG a bit. Going off the instant fuel economy screen it's doing anywhere from 20-25 MPG on the highway cruising.

Apparently some OTA update is causing parasitic battery drain in Colorado/Canyons.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:11 PM   #529
snizzle
Recalled user

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Going off the instant fuel economy screen it's doing anywhere from 20-25 MPG on the highway cruising.
Honestly, that's pretty decent given the standard Canyon lift/wide track.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
RX Catch Can
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 07-21-2023, 08:37 AM   #530
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Apparently some OTA update is causing parasitic battery drain in Colorado/Canyons.
Yeah...it's happening a lot. Was happening to Tahoe's and Yukons before, from what I've read.

People are saying to go into your settings....there are two options somewhere in there where you can turn off automatic updates. Turn them off until we hear about a proper fix from gm. This seems like it might help for those that haven't been affected by the battery drain.
Old 07-25-2023, 10:58 AM   #531
KMPrenger

(perhaps this should be in the Canyon thread, but nobody is posting there...this thread has more or less become the thread here for the 3rd gen Colorado and Canyon)

Well, I finally got to see and drive a new Canyon AT4 yesterday. Not that anyone cares too much at this point but my brief impressions:

The interior of the new Canyon compared to my 2015 Colorado (which is pretty much fully equipped from it's day)...well...they can't even be compared lol. OK so that's an exaggeration. The 2nd gen interior gets the job done just fine and is functional, but the design is way outdated and I have never liked the leather seats in my Colorado. The Canyon AT4 interior is just worlds better, and more comfortable. I would be happy to take it on longer trips. The truck is no bigger (it is a bit taller) but the interior room in the front did feel a smidge roomier. The back seat still feels just as small as before though, no surprise there.

It drove well. Handled well. The ride was better. It does feel more "full size truck" like in the way it rides and drives, although again...my 2015 is no spring chicken either.

The one area I wanted to sample the most is the mighty 2.7 and all it's 430lbs of torque glory. Well sadly, I think I was left a bit under-impressed. Maybe my Camaro SS just has my internal gauge on power all messed up, but I was trying to compare it to my Colorado...certainly not my SS. I would say it definitely did not feel slower than my 2015. I also am aware the new gen really isn't any quicker than the prior gen, but compared to my 2015 (which is prior to the 8 speed transmission, which at the time made a notable change in acceleration) I was expecting more. Mostly, I was hoping to feel a decent surge of torque when accelerating from a stop, or just normal to brisk acceleration, but instead I didn't really get that feeling. I still think the 2.7 is a great engine, and I'm fairly convinced if I had more time to drive the truck I'd have more time to discover the power. I will also mention that I heard more "4 cylinder noise" from the engine than I expected. The truck rode quietly and comfortably, but you can certainly hear that 4 cylinder working when you take off, and it ain't as pleasing to hear as the V6 unfortunately.

All in all, I still want to be in a new Canyon one of these days. I don't know if it will be in the near future or not though. If I decide I don't need the Camaro any more, it will be a lot sooner lol.

Last edited by KMPrenger; 07-25-2023 at 06:03 PM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 11:40 AM   #532
KMPrenger

Looks like gm is going to expand the availability of the 11" drivers screen as optional to more trims. I can only assume they will do the same for the Canyon.