The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Stingray Photos, Videos, Media

Old 09-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
MB1

Drives: BMW M3
Picture request: CG, red calipers, blk wheels, blk mirrors

Looking for a picture of cyber gray, red calipers, black wheels and carbon flash spoiler and mirrors if anyone has seen such a car. I've seen it with yellow calipers with poor lighting so if anyone could post such a car, that would be great!!

I'm not sure about carbon flash paint on a cyber gray car...

Ordering a car REALLY soon and trying to decide on carbon flash
MB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I have this color combo ordered except for the black wheels/spoiler - I just could not do it. But this is a great pic I found that shows the calipers and the depth of the cyber paint. I think yu'd be fine with more flash, as it's all over the car now...
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #3
GreenC7Z-51

Drives: '04 C5 Z06 Le Mans, '14 C7 Z51
I have seen many color combos at Monterey & elsewhere, and the Cyber Grey is the same as the carbon flash! There is little or no separation between these colors. So if you are going for a mono tone theme that's it!

I almost ordered Cyber Grey, my local dealer had my order in hand with that color & Kalahari Int. then I realized my dealer would not get any initial allotment cars... I switched dealers, and color!
GreenC7Z-51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #4
MB1

I'm thinking no on carbon flash. I do like it on silver cars though. I saw two at the 60th anni event at NCM earlier this year and it looked great.

Sooo...

Its interesting, most cyber gray cars at the shows have silver wheels with black brakes. If they do have red brakes they have red interiors. I'm not quite that adventurous with the interior. I'm going to order the black interior so I think I'm between black wheels and silver wheels and black brakes and red brakes. Why is this so hard?? :-)
Old 09-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
GForensic

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT California Special
MB1,

I think don't the black wheels will compliment the Cyber Gray very well. I love the carbon fiber although my future combo will be Velocity Yellow with Black Wheels and Carbon Fiber. I think if you went with a gray or "smoked out" wheels the carbon fiber would fit more into place and give it a racier look. If you are going for a more classy look then I would leave the carbon fiber off and keep the car Cyber Gray all the way through. Either way it is a great color!

As far as the yellow goes there are great pictures that are not washed out. The combo is awesome! I have seen it in person and without a doubt it is a racer!

http://www.corvette7.com/forums/show...=280335&page=2

Page 2 of this link is more to the actual color. It's awesome when the sun is shining. It really pops!

And another....

http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314980

(First Pic in thread)

Good Luck!
GForensic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
Kochaloch

Drives: C7 Z51, BENZ GLK 350, Titan
Hear's a render, hope it helps.

Kochaloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
MB1

Thanks, this does help alot. The more I think about it, the more I think that Silver might be a better choice. As much as I like CG, the contrast with a lighter color with black wheels might be a better choice for me.

Now I'll hunt for a picture of Silver with black wheels and silver without it and contemplate carbon flash. I liked it when I saw it at NCM so I shouldn't second guess myself.

Then again, in an hour I could be back to CG. It would be easier if I could just see the cars in real life I'm afraid but don't want to wait too much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochaloch View Post
Hear's a render, hope it helps.