Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-08-2023, 05:05 PM   #1
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Rear seat delete

https://www.emp.parts/products/2010-...eat-delete-kit

Anyone ran this kit before? Not sure how I feel about the fitment in the pictures. Thinking of the abs plastic kit. No carpet. I NEVER use my back seats.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 05:21 PM   #2
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
I used the Schrader performance kit. Bought it "so my Rottweiler could ride in the car"
Old 09-08-2023, 08:32 PM   #3
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Looks cheap. Probably could make something with fiberboard and felt.
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 11:25 PM   #4
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Did the Shrader as well had to work around my harness bar but got it in nice and tidy.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 08:46 PM   #5
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

I went ahead and ordered a kit. They guy who runs the company reached out to me on instagram and said that the pictures were of a prototype set, and that the final product looks much cleaner. He also offered me a nice little discount. Father and son owned business, I am happy to support American made small time guys, so I am giving it a shot. Will post pics and reviews here once its all said and done.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
Old 09-13-2023, 09:24 AM   #6
Blue 13
3P171 USAF Combat Arms

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Ask if they do a convertible kit. Please.
Old 09-13-2023, 02:55 PM   #7
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue 13 View Post
Ask if they do a convertible kit. Please.
To Quote EMP " There is very little demand for convertible versions so we've never made one for Camaros or Mustangs."

Old 09-13-2023, 05:09 PM   #8
Blue 13
3P171 USAF Combat Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
To Quote EMP " There is very little demand for convertible versions so we've never made one for Camaros or Mustangs."
That sucks!
Old 09-13-2023, 06:47 PM   #9
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
Looks cheap. Probably could make something with fiberboard and felt.
Look like Shit lol

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 10:59 AM   #10
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
I went a different direction with mine. Made my own. 1/4" Clear plexiglass, a vinyl stencil, and paint. And a lot of love. Installed orange LED's on the roof of the trunk, so at night orange light comes through the clear stencil. Had to put felt lining along the edges as it squeaked a bit rubbing against the plastic trim, but all in all, I am very happy with how it turned out.
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2023, 01:46 PM   #11
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Look like Shit lol
Maybe. Lol.
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 02:38 PM   #12
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Look like Shit lol
Haha, my car is by far the definition of a "budget" car. As long as the fit and finish is decent... Its just a rear seat delete. For car shows I will just stick the factory seats back in. This is definitely the cheapest rear seat delete out there that still allows for some practicality. I just got the kit in the mail yesterday and if i didn't have a stomach virus plaguing my body i would have installed it already. Will keep you gents posted.

Edit... The real reason I wanted a rear seat delete is that i ALWAYS drive with the windows down, and my back seats are always caked in dust and road grime. I figure the plastic will be easier to clean, and I'm such a big guy, nobody could sit behind me if they wanted too.

Old 09-14-2023, 02:41 PM   #13
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSFury View Post
I went a different direction with mine. Made my own. 1/4" Clear plexiglass, a vinyl stencil, and paint. And a lot of love. Installed orange LED's on the roof of the trunk, so at night orange light comes through the clear stencil. Had to put felt lining along the edges as it squeaked a bit rubbing against the plastic trim, but all in all, I am very happy with how it turned out.
That looks really good, is the fuel pump door cover the only part on the floorboard section?

Old 09-14-2023, 03:48 PM   #14
Blue 13
3P171 USAF Combat Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
Haha, my car is by far the definition of a "budget" car. As long as the fit and finish is decent... Its just a rear seat delete. For car shows I will just stick the factory seats back in. This is definitely the cheapest rear seat delete out there that still allows for some practicality. I just got the kit in the mail yesterday and if i didn't have a stomach virus plaguing my body i would have installed it already. Will keep you gents posted.

Edit... The real reason I wanted a rear seat delete is that i ALWAYS drive with the windows down, and my back seats are always caked in dust and road grime. I figure the plastic will be easier to clean, and I'm such a big guy, nobody could sit behind me if they wanted too.
Take lots of photos. I’m wondering if I can make it work on a convertible by sectioning it. Thanks.