The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Stingray Photos, Videos, Media

Old 10-31-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
FASTARNIEC7

Drives: 2014 corvette
2014 Stingray Corvette with Lambo Style Doors

This is the first 2014 Stingray Corvette with Lambo Style Doors. If interested, I can let you know where to get them done to your corvette and how much. What do you think of them?
Attached Images

FASTARNIEC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I think it looks great!

Nice pink sky too.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I think it looks great!

Nice pink sky too.
on looking great!

And the pinkish sky too... just a bit too much saturation/vividness in the pic or post-process. The Camaro in front has a hot pink roof as well!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
I loved the vertical door kit on the C5 Camaro and I think this one looks good too. They just seem to be tilted a little differently than on the Camaro. I don't know, maybe it's just me. It definitely still looks good though.

If you are ever considering having this done, just keep in mind that vertical door kits can be a lot of maintenance. I love the look of them but I don't think I would ever have it done to one of my cars again. It's a lot more difficult to get in and out of, you have to readjust most kits every few months, and you have to deal with passengers that have know idea how to use them (which can lead to serious damage).

Not trying to be a debbie downer, but this is just some info to keep in mind if you're trying to make a decision on having this done.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
A little too much editing on the photos. Doors are not for me but I respect people that get it done and get it done right, it's your car make it yours!
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #6
FASTARNIEC7

Comments on my lambo doors

FYi.......not everyone is going to like the lambo style doors. But when people don't know what they are talking about the door kits, they give the wrong impression to others.
Let me first say that the door kit on my car was created by a SEMA car builder in the Los Angeles area. This door kit is not like any other kit on the market. The doors do not require any maintenance like the others. They do not need any adjustments and with this kit, getting in and out of the car is MUCH easier than any other kit. I had the same kit on my 2005 C6 and for the 9 years its been on the car, I had no problems whatsoever. NO adjustments or failure like the others out there. This door kit is also GUARANTEED for the life of the car and not the life of the owner. The price of the install is 1/3 of all the others and can be put on in less than 4 hours. The install is also totally guaranteed and the car will not be released to the owner till the install is PERFECT. I have sent over 45 cars to this SEMA car builder in the last few years and NOT ONE has had any problems with the install or the door kit.
So the next time you make comments that you have no idea what you are talking about, think twice and then STF up.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #7
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
It looks good, but wait for the below coming for C7 soon

2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #8
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTARNIEC7 View Post
FYi.......not everyone is going to like the lambo style doors. But when people don't know what they are talking about the door kits, they give the wrong impression to others.
Let me first say that the door kit on my car was created by a SEMA car builder in the Los Angeles area. This door kit is not like any other kit on the market. The doors do not require any maintenance like the others. They do not need any adjustments and with this kit, getting in and out of the car is MUCH easier than any other kit. I had the same kit on my 2005 C6 and for the 9 years its been on the car, I had no problems whatsoever. NO adjustments or failure like the others out there. This door kit is also GUARANTEED for the life of the car and not the life of the owner. The price of the install is 1/3 of all the others and can be put on in less than 4 hours. The install is also totally guaranteed and the car will not be released to the owner till the install is PERFECT. I have sent over 45 cars to this SEMA car builder in the last few years and NOT ONE has had any problems with the install or the door kit.
So the next time you make comments that you have no idea what you are talking about, think twice and then STF up.
You post on a public forum asking what people think then don't like it when people share their opinions? Especially opinions on a mod that is well known to be a market filled with cheap knock offs and finding a quality build is far and in-between.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #9
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTARNIEC7 View Post
Looks like it's past someone's bed time

Luckily I've matured and learned to not raise my temper on the forums anymore. If it was a year or two ago, I would have ripped into this guy That being said, I can still pick apart an argument and keep my cool

1. Just to let you know, I've owned a modern vehicle with the most common/popular vertical door kit in the world. I also spent an entire year researching vertical door kits to make sure that I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. So yes, I know what I am talking about when it comes to door kits.

2. One of the biggest reasons why forums exist is to educate people. I'm simply sharing my knowledge and past experiences to help others make a better informed decision on a modification like this.

3. You've only been on the forum for a day and in your 2nd post you are already bashing a "senior" member and telling him to shut the f*ck up? I think you have the wrong forum, you would fit in much better at corvetteforums.com

This is the friendliest forum that I have ever seen on the internet and I'd like to do my best to keep it that way. Please refrain from comments like this in the future or you will likely be banned from the site. I think you have an amazing car, and a great taste in modifications. So if you can keep it respectful for now on, you can make a lot of friends and have a great time on this site!

Welcome to the forum
Old 11-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #10
FASTARNIEC7

lambo style doors

Sorry Nate if I affended you. NOT my initial intension. However, you were so specific on what you thought and gave the impression that ALL lambo style kits were nothing but problems...........and without proper knowledge of the kit that my guy represents. NOT all kits have problems...need adjustments or need replacement. The one that is on my cars has NEVER failed....never needed adjustments and is DEFINATELY easier to get in then without this product. He puts on over 40 of these kits on lots of cars in his shop from may through September. Of all his customers, there isNOT ONE that has complained about this product....complained about it needed adjustment....or failed and needed replacement.

So if this is a site where information is given to help all that read these posts...then you should have been not so sure that ALL are problems without knowing about this product. I obviously took affense to your wide comments.

So again. Please accept my apology. One corvette guy to another. I am not a KOOK like lots of other people on this site.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #11
Drruss1975
Loving it!!

Drives: 2014 red on red lt3 soft top
Ummm. Calm Down fastarniec7. Apparently Nate touched a nerve.
Drruss1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #12
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Guys! It's not that big of a deal. Everyone has their own opinions. We all love C7's here and that's all that matters.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:56 AM   #13
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Old 11-05-2013, 01:55 AM   #14
Louis White Law

Drives: Torch Red C7 Z51 stingray
No disrespect, but me thinks no.
Louis White Law is offline   Reply With Quote