Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-26-2021, 11:24 AM   #1
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Water in Trunk

2014 1LE. No sunroof. I mention the sunroof because there are a number of people who've had issues with the sunroof drain tube disconnecting inside the trunk, but with no sunroof, I do not have that tube, so that fix isn't applicable to me. I find most of the water inside the spare tire well where the battery is, but have noted that the carpet on the driver's side of the trunk seems damp.

Car hasn't been in any accidents (I've owned since new). After the last auto-x of last year, I was going into the trunk to get the tire inflator and noticed that the bag of micro-fiber towels I keep in the tire well was soaked pretty badly. Figured I must've spilled something in the trunk on a recent grocery trip or something. Didn't think much of it.

Fast forward to the beginning of this month, have the first auto-x of 2021, and when I go for the inflator again I see more water down there. Two weeks later, second auto-x of the season, same thing. It's April in the NY area and that means a lot of rain, so that's the source of the water.

Any ideas where I could start looking? I've been feeling around the carpet looking for some sort of sign for where the point of ingress might be. As I said earlier, it might be the driver's side, but am not certain. I live in an apartment building and as a result, do not have access to a hose. If I did, I'd just get in there with a flash light and have one of my kids hose the back of the car down.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:13 PM   #2
Greencamaro1234

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I had a similar problem a few years ago,and the problem was the wires running to the back of the trunk had crimped up causing a small gap to let water go inside the trunk area,so check those wires. Good luck.
Greencamaro1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:36 PM   #3
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
As mentioned above check the wires between the trunk and trunk lid. They get crimped between the trunk and the seal.
ECS supercharger, custom ground cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 06:10 AM   #4
hudson773
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 camaro SS
soap the car down well and apply a small amount of air pressure inside the car. look for bubbles.
hudson773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 03:05 PM   #5
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Another possibility; spoiler mount hole leaking
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote