Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-19-2016, 08:33 AM   #29
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
So, is it just me or does this tell you that they may be able to roll out ZL1's with the current tooling setup they have on the lines? If so, we could see them much earlier than we thought or most of us thought.
It is an interesting thought and one I hope you are right about. On the other hand Oppenheimer said they have a whole summer of testing to do. Correct me if I'm wrong but they haven't submitted their final hp numbers to SAE yet have they? All in all the words "late 2016" still ring in my head. While it would be a pleasant surprise I have a sinking feeling that we may be able to take delivery in late fall just in time to put the car into hibernation till next spring. Major bummer. This is why you can't sell beach umbrellas in February. I would love to have just a few months of driving weather. We shall see.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:47 AM   #30
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
It is an interesting thought and one I hope you are right about. On the other hand Oppenheimer said they have a whole summer of testing to do. Correct me if I'm wrong but they haven't submitted their final hp numbers to SAE yet have they? All in all the words "late 2016" still ring in my head. While it would be a pleasant surprise I have a sinking feeling that we may be able to take delivery in late fall just in time to put the car into hibernation till next spring. Major bummer. This is why you can't sell beach umbrellas in February. I would love to have just a few months of driving weather. We shall see.
They changed "Late 2016" to "Mid 2016" a couple weeks ago.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2016, 08:58 AM   #31
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Honestly, I think GM knows all they need to know about this car. It has been testing at the ring for almost a year now if I am correct and I am betting they are just waiting on a couple of "house cleaning" items (SAE reports, build sheet finalization, marketing campaigns sign-off, etc.) and they will let this thing go. I can't help but thinking they want to get this thing in the market ASAP so they can start building the positive reviews and momentum toward the Z/28 which I still think is going to be a '17 model year car as well so GM can say that they provided the most comprehensive suite of models in the brands history for the 50th anniversary. I would not be surprise to see something about the ZL1 release date at Indy now that we are seeing them on the street.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:01 AM   #32
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
They changed "Late 2016" to "Mid 2016" a couple weeks ago.
I've seen that on the mobile site. Other sources including GMs chat personnel continue to say late 2016 even up to this passed week. Under promise and over deliver is a nice idea though.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:10 AM   #33
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
Awesome so it got moved up! So when exactly is mid 2016, I would of thought june but isn't that summer also?
clanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:12 AM   #34
DenverTaco07

Quote:
I've seen that on the mobile site. Other sources including GMs chat personnel continue to say late 2016 even up to this passed week. Under promise and over deliver is a nice idea though.
hmmm...interesting. I could understand if the mobile site said Mid 2016 the entire time, that it was just a mistake, but it seems, on account of members here - that the mobile site was changed from Late to Mid, a purposeful change. The regular desktop site doesn't say anything, and frankly I'm not sure how well the chat folks know what's going on. I hope I'm being more than just wishful on this but I could be just that.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:13 AM   #35
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanky View Post
Awesome so it got moved up! So when exactly is mid 2016, I would of thought june but isn't that summer also?
I would think the latest definition of Mid would be September. Now we really don't know crap other than assumptions...but why would they leave "Available Mid 2016" up on their mobile site so long if it was bad info? We really don't know though.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:17 AM   #36
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Nice find!

It could come out earlier...but I wouldn't get your hopes up about that, just yet.

Looks badass "in the wild".
Old 04-19-2016, 09:19 AM   #37
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
hmmm...interesting. I could understand if the mobile site said Mid 2016 the entire time, that it was just a mistake, but it seems, on account of members here - that the mobile site was changed from Late to Mid, a purposeful change. The regular desktop site doesn't say anything, and frankly I'm not sure how well the chat folks know what's going on. I hope I'm being more than just wishful on this but I could be just that.
Chat personnel are after all just employees hired to communicate. People at every job are at times misinformed. The spokesperson at the NYAuto Show said Xmas! Lol. If that's the case they can keep mine until next spring. Anyway the mobile site is where most people go anyway but I've chatted with them numerous times over the last several weeks since NYIAS and still the same response. Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone who knows a bit more. I'm trying to figure out what I'll do with all my free time once I get the car. This is taking up my whole day. Oh yea I'll probably be shredding the tires one light at a time. Then I can spend another $65k on tires. Ha ha
Old 04-19-2016, 09:19 AM   #38
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Nice find!

It could come out earlier...but I wouldn't get your hopes up about that, just yet.

Looks badass "in the wild".
I'm still hopeful, but ready for anything really. I just think the signs are there that it will be available earlier than say the Camaro Six was, which would be nice.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:23 AM   #39
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
I'm still hopeful, but ready for anything really. I just think the signs are there that it will be available earlier than say the Camaro Six was, which would be nice.
I certainly hope so. But I also want them to take as much time as they need to get every bitty hp and fraction of a G they can get out of it.

We're already being pleasantly surprised with a SS, 1LE, and ZL1 within a year of production. But I totally understand the excitement.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:42 AM   #40
datboi448

Drives: 2013 2LT RS, 2017 ZL1
Its entirely possible that it is one of the preproduction cars we have already seen with the camo vinyls removed.
datboi448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:51 AM   #41
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I certainly hope so. But I also want them to take as much time as they need to get every bitty hp and fraction of a G they can get out of it.

We're already being pleasantly surprised with a SS, 1LE, and ZL1 within a year of production. But I totally understand the excitement.
A chat agent just told me production begins in the 4th quarter. Do they use ?Magic 8 Ball or no?
Old 04-19-2016, 09:58 AM   #42
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
A chat agent just told me production begins in the 4th quarter. Do they use ?Magic 8 Ball or no?
Chat agents are third-party employees that don't necessarily work for the General Motors company. They certainly don't work with the Camaro team, directly. They are professionals in customer service, who repeat the information they are given.

The official line is that the ZL1 will go into production late 2016...which suggests the 4th quarter. No announcement has been made contrary to that.

And no...no magic eight ball...just paperwork, submission deadlines, and engineering schedules.