The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #3739
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Cool review, but why is everyone forgetting the 12.7 run and using this 13.2 as the new standard?
I am looking forward to the next magazine that tests the new GT. seems like we can't get set in stone numbers just yet, when the car is in the hands of people I think we will see more true numbers.
Unfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:07 PM   #3740
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
This does not surprise me one bit. It's a driver's race.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:11 PM   #3741
Unfair
Banned

Isn't every race ever run a driver's race?
I think I said this before but why not again...
If I race a funny car and it blows the tires off and I win, wasn't that a driver's race?
Old 04-25-2010, 06:19 PM   #3742
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfair View Post
If I race a funny car and it blows the tires off and I win, wasn't that a driver's race?

I beat a Z06 Vette. After the race I asked him what happened and he told me he had traction issues and wheel hop to deal with. It happens.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #3743
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
No that is not a driver's race. It means 2 basically even cars and the best driver wins.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #3744
Unfair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
I beat a Z06 Vette. After the race I asked him what happened and he told me he had traction issues and wheel hop to deal with. It happens.
Well that's the point I am trying to get across with this "driver's race" thing, it's like a broad term that's thrown around. EVERY RACE ever run was a drivers race, cars don't drive themselves, which every way you slice it.

backinblack, even if the cars are not even it will always be a drivers race, and if one car didn't run what it supposed to run people will just say "driver error" anyway.

This mustang in the C&D review ran 13.2 but another magazine got it to 12.7 but nobody said "bad driver" but when the camaro ran 13.3 in a magazine everyone said "bad driver"
Old 04-25-2010, 06:33 PM   #3745
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Quote:
It depends on the situation.
Im sure if I race a little civic and tore him a new one it wasnt really a drivers race.

If screwed up in my shifting or just screwed up my launch then maybe it was a drivers race.

But the difference in the 2 drivers would be overshadowed by the difference in the 2 cars displayed by me catching back up and quickly spanking the lil bastard (no offense if you drive a civic, just where I'm from the majority of them on the road are driven by little 17-21 y.o.'s with spiked hair with blonded tips and a park-bench-wing on the trunk who I refer to as 'bastards'.)

Its all about the difference in the car to decide if its a drivers race imo. If the 2 cars have close numbers all across the board then its a drivers race. Im sure if I raced a stock new 2011 GT in my stock, broken in 2010 SS I'd probably lose because I'm not an expert driver. This is my 1st V8, my 1st muscle car and my 1st manual transmission.

Who knows.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #3746
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Well that's the point I am trying to get across with this "driver's race" thing, it's like a broad term that's thrown around. EVERY RACE ever run was a drivers race, cars don't drive themselves, which every way you slice it.

backinblack, even if the cars are not even it will always be a drivers race, and if one car didn't run what it supposed to run people will just say "driver error" anyway.

This mustang in the C&D review ran 13.2 but another magazine got it to 12.7 but nobody said "bad driver" but when the camaro ran 13.3 in a magazine everyone said "bad driver"
Stop being logical and fair, if you keep that up you just might convince some people to change their minds, which we know is dangerous.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:38 PM   #3747
1 BAD RS 2 SS

Drives: 2010 RS 2 SS
1 BAD RS 2 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:46 PM   #3748
SWAT 79

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Stop being logical and fair, if you keep that up you just might convince some people to change their minds, which we know is dangerous.

Yeah seriously dude what are you doing using common sense here? Jesus that can be really offensive to some, its better to play it safe and just be blindly biased.

If this is a drivers race, the advantage definitely goes to the mustang. Just like the 2010 mustang and 2010 camaro is a drivers race, with the advantage definitely going towards the camaro.
SWAT 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #3749
FastAzz

Drives: 300
Meh I like both cars, not a fan of the Mustangs rear styling. I will still buy the Camaro even if the stang is quicker. I don't live my life a quarter mile at a time but sitting in bumper to bumper traffic all day in NYC.
FastAzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:42 PM   #3750
RBD

Drives: 2013 SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brunsy View Post
really. My auto instructor back in highschool gave us a little different deffinition of torque... he said, and I quote (to the best of my memory) "ya know when u wake up with ur morning wood, u just crank that sucker back and let her slap against ur stomach. NOW THATS TORQUE!"
No its more like torque is when you push down on your morning wood and your feet come off the ground ! Thats real torque !
RBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #3751
chevymuscle311

Drives: 2SS/RS- IOM w/ CG Rallies
Quote:

Seems very fishy to have a 1/2 sec difference for the same Make/Model. When customers start getting them off the lot and turning 12.7's I will be a believer.
chevymuscle311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #3752
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Cool review, but why is everyone forgetting the 12.7 run and using this 13.2 as the new standard?
I am looking forward to the next magazine that tests the new GT. seems like we can't get set in stone numbers just yet, when the car is in the hands of people I think we will see more true numbers.
I'm not sure where you see people are saying these are the absolute best numbers.

Also, did you ever take those pictures of your car? (curious)
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video