Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #43
Jobrien

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs
floor it ! i was gunned everywhere the first day i got mine ! it was the best feeling ever to go from a 4 banger to a v8
Jobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #44
mcbeth15

Drives: '11 RS 2LT IBM
Congrats! Enjoy the ride!
Old 07-05-2014, 12:01 AM   #45
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
Drive it like you stole it. You have to get the rings to seal properly in the first few miles.
thats how you break in a engine. The rear gears should be broken easy. Drive easy for 500miles. 1st get rid of the 87 octane the dumb ass dealer put in it. then run 2 tanks of 93 or at least 91 in it if you cant get 93. pull fuses 5 and 20 over night. This is to reset your computer from the half limp mode it goes into because it had 87 in it. Dont run anything lower than 91 unless its a emergency. The car can run on 87 but if you get on it you may hear pinging. That pinging is like hitting the top of the piston with a hammer. It will take a small chunk of aluminum out with every ping. Change the engine oil as soon as you can. I do 500, 1000,then at 1500 full synthetic. change the rear differential fluid at 500miles, and once more around 1000-1500miles. They dont tell you to do this because they dont want to tell you you have to put money into it a few days after you take it off the lot. their prices to change the rear diff fluid should be illegal. My dealer charges $150 to do it. It takes 5 min and cost $12 for the fluid.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:07 PM   #46
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
If you have the funds and starting with a new car:

• Catch Can
  • 3m Clear Bra over front bumper and rear gill area
  • GM Splash Guards

This will save you from oil ingestion and a ton of rock chips! If you didn't have a 1le I would say toss the PZeros since they contribute to the rock chips because they're so sticky and pick up every little piece of debris and sling it against the car. They also don't last long for a daily driver.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:40 PM   #47
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
o yes get a catch can he has a 1le so no pzeros. he needs those sticky tires
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote