Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
theeverysight

Drives: 2LS Yellow, Mitsu Galant 7g
illumination Colors?

I'm thinking about adding some illumination to my camaro's interior. I can't decide between blue or white leds. I do have the stock radio so I was going to go with blue but I feel it is overdone and was considering white. What are your opinions on what color I should pick? My camaro is rally yellow, and does not have Halos.

What will be illuminated:
Door Sills
Footwell
Dome Light
Trunk Light
Old 04-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
SSpartan117

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss/rs
I did my dome and trunk in white LED and my footwells in aqua blue to match the ambient lighting. Since you don't have the ABL? It frees you up to choose different colors for the footwells and I think white would look good and wouldn't clash with the exterior too much
SSpartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
Bowtie-Bri

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
I'm planning to change the color of my interior lighting as well.
I'm planning to place an order with these guys.
http://www.sjmautoprod.com/portal/in...hting/interior
In your case, what SSpartan said sounds pretty good.
2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost. SOLD!!!
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
SS785

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpartan117 View Post
I did my dome and trunk in white LED and my footwells in aqua blue to match the ambient lighting. Since you don't have the ABL? It frees you up to choose different colors for the footwells and I think white would look good and wouldn't clash with the exterior too much
+1 on this combo. White looks really clean although my footwells are bright blue to give it some contrast. I tried all blue and all red just for kicks on the dome/trunk lights and they are too dark imo.
SS785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #5
theeverysight

Drives: 2LS Yellow, Mitsu Galant 7g
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpartan117 View Post
I don't have the abl mine is a 2ls. I'll take your advice. I will be ordering from aac. Thanks for all the help. BTW does anyone have a picture of yellow footwell lights? my friend suggested yellow for the footwells and I wanted to know how it looks.