The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 07-31-2013, 09:15 AM   #43
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
I take it since no status codes have moved to 3400 that production will not start on 5 AUG. Status codes should change the week prior to production correct?
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:29 PM   #44
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Could change to 3400 as late as the Friday before the week of production. It is all tentative anyway.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #45
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Plus not everyone checking their status. I haven't checked since I got to 3300 in June
Also not everyone on here.. so we can't say no one at 3400
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:23 PM   #46
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
Everyone on CF went to 3000 last week. Would be crazy if people on hear didn't. Check your status
Old 07-31-2013, 03:46 PM   #47
BRCC
BRCC Webmaster

Drives: 2017 GS 3LT Sterling Blue/Gray Int
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogg149 View Post
Everyone on CF went to 3000 last week. Would be crazy if people on hear didn't. Check your status
In addition to the CF Status report another dealer states the same see post #2
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/kens...happening.html
BRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:45 PM   #48
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCC View Post
In addition to the CF Status report another dealer states the same see post #2
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/kens...happening.html
Great.. hopefully just system reset.

Hope not getting pushed back to order parts or something
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
Old 07-31-2013, 06:35 PM   #49
lawdogg149

rumors are stirring that there is a problem with altitude adjustments. AFM and direct injection is a pain for software. No hard facts but that is the talk going around. Seems that GM would come out weekly for a update after all the preorder excitement that has started. Don't understand why they don't whats the secret.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #50
GQ4Life

Quote:
rumors are stirring that there is a problem with altitude adjustments. AFM and direct injection is a pain for software. No hard facts but that is the talk going around. Seems that GM would come out weekly for a update after all the preorder excitement that has started. Don't understand why they don't whats the secret.
Don't want anyone know there problems make people afraid to order.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #51
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
I love rumors. Especially as there is usually no basis in fact. Makes them all the better.

I along with several others have said regular production will start August 5, 2013. As far as I can tell, we are still in July so August 5 should be several days away, unless the calendar changed and no one has bothered to tell me.

Now the Premiere Editions may have some effect, but I am pretty sure each will count as a regular production even though they will have their own VIN series.

Does not mean there will not be a delay in start, but until August 5 has come and gone we can not say.

Status changes bounce forward and back as a matter of fact, whether a vehicle has been in production for years or has yet to start production. We are noticing only because the internet is more open, not because the Stingray start is so out of step with what is normal.

As I may have said, ordering a new vehicle is a true adult e-ride and ordering a Stingray has to be the ultimate e-ride. It is a roller coaster in the truest sense of the term and I am pleased to be a watcher as the ride hurtles toward its end.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:04 PM   #52
lawdogg149

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
I love rumors. Especially as there is usually no basis in fact. Makes them all the better.

I along with several others have said regular production will start August 5, 2013. As far as I can tell, we are still in July so August 5 should be several days away, unless the calendar changed and no one has bothered to tell me.

Now the Premiere Editions may have some effect, but I am pretty sure each will count as a regular production even though they will have their own VIN series.

Does not mean there will not be a delay in start, but until August 5 has come and gone we can not say.

Status changes bounce forward and back as a matter of fact, whether a vehicle has been in production for years or has yet to start production. We are noticing only because the internet is more open, not because the Stingray start is so out of step with what is normal.

As I may have said, ordering a new vehicle is a true adult e-ride and ordering a Stingray has to be the ultimate e-ride. It is a roller coaster in the truest sense of the term and I am pleased to be a watcher as the ride hurtles toward its end.

Laborsmith
Agree with you its a hell of a ride. I will hold you to the Aug 5 date but I have this hunch it will pass us by. The altitude issue is a real issue and GM is working hard to correct it. Seems as if it wasn't seen in the trucks due to gearing. Oh well lets hope Aug 5 is it. I want it more than anyone. Just GM needs to give more updates to the progress. I would be the first one to be proud they corrected a issue before sending out the car. Hell in 2007 I had three trans. put in my Z06 thanks to a development issue with transmission venting.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:34 PM   #53
BRCC
BRCC Webmaster

Drives: 2017 GS 3LT Sterling Blue/Gray Int
Quote:
Don't see why that should hold up physical production, being as some say (GM not confirmed) there is a QC hold on the first produced. If in fact there is a software problem, they can reflash the ECM while on hold when the problem is solved. IF in fact there is any problem at all.
BRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:44 PM   #54
Hancock

Drives: Blk Z51 NPP J6F Q7T Red Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCC View Post
Don't see why that should hold up physical production, being as some say (GM not confirmed) there is a QC hold on the first produced. If in fact there is a software problem, they can reflash the ECM while on hold when the problem is solved. IF in fact there is any problem at all.
Excellent point. Not something I had thought of. Of course they would still produce to not fall behind, if anything, they'll just hold all the cars until they figure it out, and then reflash them once a solution is found, or they decide there's actually not a problem.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #55
route66

Drives: 66 coupe 78 pace car 2014 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by route66 View Post
I am finally also 3000 as of 7-18 order # QZTFS8. I started out on waiting list to order in Feb.. About the carbon fiber dash I was told last week by my dealer GM does not have enough to supply all orders and I was told my car was in the group that will get one.

Finally 3300 now the wait for production dates. Thank You Becky for all the checkin.
Can you please check status of order QZTFS8 on Friday 8-2. Just checking to see if TPW dates are starting yet that is if 8-5 is really going to be the first week of production TPW's should be starting. Again we all thank you Becky.
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #56
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by route66 View Post
Can you please check status of order QZTFS8 on Friday 8-2. Just checking to see if TPW dates are starting yet that is if 8-5 is really going to be the first week of production TPW's should be starting. Again we all thank you Becky.
just called GM.. no TPW as of today