The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 10-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #15
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
I am puzzled by your post. killascrimp. What were/are your expectations when calling a customer service person regarding a paint issue? Unless you had been rebuffed at a dealership, and your post provides no indication of that happening.

Just asking.

Any pun in this post totally unintended.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #16
killascrimp

Drives: 14 z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
I am puzzled by your post. killascrimp. What were/are your expectations when calling a customer service person regarding a paint issue? Unless you had been rebuffed at a dealership, and your post provides no indication of that happening.

Just asking.

Any pun in this post totally unintended.

Laborsmith
well I wanted to know what they thought and what was the best way to fix it... the dealership who was super nice flat out told me that if he had to 'repaint' the whole hood, he prob wouldn't match paint I don't know... I thought they would at least want to see pics. maybe I am too optimistic....anyway I a sending it in next week just sucks when every one points out the 2 spots gets aggravating... I
killascrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #17
TKDubya

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
Got my C7 on October 4th and it is a great car. Got into it on Saturday the 19th to take a drive and the LCD screen for the Infotainment system went haywire for absolutely no reason. I just started the car and the trouble began. It started flipping from screen to screen and then started doing some weird stuff like an old television when the picture tube rolls continuously just before it goes out. There was nothing near it to cause any interference and I had not placed anything in the compartment behind the screen other than a pair of Oakley sunglasses.
I took it to my dealer on yesterday morning with the idea that they would replace the screen because the car is so new. I hoped that they wouldn't risk trying to fix it because I don't want a repaired item in my brand new car. An item that should never go out in 14 days. Day two is almost over and I spoke to the service manager and according to them they are still "gathering information" from Chevy tech support because the car is so new. It sounds as if they are learning on the fly and intend on trying to fix whatever the issue is. Quite frankly I don't know if they know what they are doing at all.
I just wanted to find out if anyone else was having this kind of issue with their screen. Also just wanted to make others aware that right now it doesn't seem like they have the answers to some of these problems.
TKDubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #18
TKDubya

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
Update: Dealer service dept. called and said they are ordering a new screen because it appears there have been a few problems with the new screen system throughout the country. Doesn't seem to be widespread but there has been problems. They told me again because things are so new it would take a few days for the new part to arrive so I took my car and they will call me when the part arrives. Just my experience if anyone should happen to run into this problem. It seems Chevy is aware of the issue.
TKDubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #19
SSDRIVER

Drives: 2006 H3
I had a infotainment screen issue as well, a new display screen fixed the issue.
SSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #20
CaptainChet

Drives: 2010 Corvette Coupe -Black
That's amazing about the cell behind the screen. I fly for the airlines and I know we tell you to shut off the cell (etc) but I've never seen a cell cause any interference with our screens in the flight deck. Maybe ours are better isolated from outside interference. Shoot, they only cost 3x more than the C7 (and that's just for one - we have 5 big ones and 3 little ones).
CaptainChet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:39 AM   #21
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by killascrimp View Post
i cant get my (hockey stick) speedometer to come on while i am in"track mode". maybe i am doing something wrong. i also had paint issue i am working on. picked her up late last night
there is setting is menu to choose certain speedometer look eco,sport, or track as a default (some one for every menu) or have computer change depending on mode ur in..
if u have the exact same speedo in every mode it might be that setting..
goto 2:45s
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:44 AM   #22
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahowley View Post
Performance Traction Management. Sorry about calling it track mode. Accessed by putting the car in track and pressing the traction control button twice quickly. I had tried to access PTM menu 1,000 times. Pushing it very fast not so fast. With foot on break, while in park, while in drive, every way I could think of and nothing. I even showed the service advisor the directions in the book and demonstrated for them. It frustration that they have no answer for me after 6 days nor do they understand what it does or how it should work. I thought only 900 dealerships got to sell the car. That those dealerships had to sell a certain number of vetts, attend training, and invest in the tools to work on c7.
Thanks for the advice I do appreciate it
I used it.. pretty easy to get to. They probably put the wrong program into ur car. non-mag suspension one..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
Old 10-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #23
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hey sahowley,

I am sorry that you are not out enjoying your new Stingray! If you would like me to get a case started for you in my system, please let me know. It does sound like your dealer is taking great care of you. Keep us all posted,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
My tire temp monitor doesnt work
I made thread showing it

Sent From The Q on the Galaxy S4
Old 10-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #24
sahowley

Drives: 2014 C7 Z51 Wht/Blck LT3 Auto
Quote:
Update from dealer
1. Replacing Nav / Information screen
2. Replacing torque tube. I mentioned a rattling sound to them. It appears the tube is bent. Had to come like this I haven't turned the ires over yet or driven the car hard at all.
3. Track mode... Still no word on fix yet.
Expected date of return. Sometime next week maybe
Ok so I got my car back. Let me start by saying I love my car. It drives amazing. I am so happy to be in it. I had a little run in with a ZL1 on the way home. FUN FUN FUN. Now for the not so fun.

The torque tube was replaced. That issue seems to be solved.
The Track mode as I called it or TPM menu now is operational.
The nag/informational system was replaced with a new unit, but still is not operational. An engineer is coming to the dealership on Thursday to look at my car and hopefully fix issue. They offered to keep me in rental, but I declined and took my car back.
That's my story. I am happy to have her back and I am sure Chevy will get the issue straight. It's just tuff to have this amazing machine for 24 days and have 10 of them sent in the dealers garage. I love this car the best car i've ever driven!
Thanks
sahowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:35 AM   #25
sahowley

Quote:
Ok so I got my car back. Let me start by saying I love my car. It drives amazing. I am so happy to be in it. I had a little run in with a ZL1 on the way home. FUN FUN FUN. Now for the not so fun.

The torque tube was replaced. That issue seems to be solved.
The Track mode as I called it or TPM menu now is operational.
The nag/informational system was replaced with a new unit, but still is not operational. An engineer is coming to the dealership on Thursday to look at my car and hopefully fix issue. They offered to keep me in rental, but I declined and took my car back.
That's my story. I am happy to have her back and I am sure Chevy will get the issue straight. It's just tuff to have this amazing machine for 24 days and have 10 of them sent in the dealers garage. I love this car the best car i've ever driven!
Thanks
Update
Update
I dropped my car back off at dealer yesterday, 10-31-13, to have a Chevy field engineer diagnose the issue. They have decided to replace the information unit again with a new unit. They are expecting the unit to arrive next Tuesday. I will get the car back Tuesday or Wednesday of next wk. I hate not having my car, but the engineer didn't want me to take it. I'll give another update when I get it back. I have also added to the work order to have the rear diff checked and the tire temperature checked. Mine always reads warm. It never reads hot or cold.
Thanks
Old 11-01-2013, 06:02 AM   #26
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Update
Update
I dropped my car back off at dealer yesterday, 10-31-13, to have a Chevy field engineer diagnose the issue. They have decided to replace the information unit again with a new unit. They are expecting the unit to arrive next Tuesday. I will get the car back Tuesday or Wednesday of next wk. I hate not having my car, but the engineer didn't want me to take it. I'll give another update when I get it back. I have also added to the work order to have the rear diff checked and the tire temperature checked. Mine always reads warm. It never reads hot or cold.
Thanks
What a bummer! I feel for you... hang in there. Hope everything will finally be sorted out by early next week.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #27
sahowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
What a bummer! I feel for you... hang in there. Hope everything will finally be sorted out by early next week.
Thanks.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #28
CruznCorvette

Drives: 2014 C7
Sorry to hear about your problems with your new C7. Is the dealer rental a comparable vehicle, i.e. premium or luxury car? I'd settle for nothing less. Also, keep the following info handy. If the third infotainment unit gives you problems, I'd look into Florida's / Federal Lemon Law.

How The Florida Lemon Law Works

The Lemon Law covers defects or conditions that substantially impair the use, value or safety of a new or demonstrator vehicle (these are called "nonconformities"). These defects must be first reported to the manufacturer or its authorized service agent (usually, this is the dealer) during the "Lemon Law Rights Period," which is the first 24 months after the date of delivery of the motor vehicle to the consumer. If the manufacturer fails to conform the vehicle to the warranty after a reasonable number of attempts to repair these defects, the law requires the manufacturer to buy back the defective vehicle and give the consumer a purchase price refund or a replacement vehicle. The law does not cover defects that result from accident, neglect, abuse, modification or alteration by persons other than the manufacturer or its authorized service agent. DO NOT DELAY in reporting a problem as this may cost valuable time and protection.
Consumers should KEEP RECORDS of all repairs and maintenance. A written repair order should be obtained from the service agent (dealer) for each examination or repair under the warranty. The consumer should note the date the vehicle was taken in for repair and date he or she was notified that work was completed. Odometer mileage when the vehicle was taken to the shop and when it was picked up after repair should also be noted. Consumers should keep all receipts or invoices for payment of expenses related to the purchase/lease of the vehicle and to any repair.
If the vehicle has been back to the service agent for repair of the same recurring problem at least three times, the consumer must give written notification by certified, registered or express mail, to the manufacturer (not the dealer) to afford a final opportunity to repair the vehicle. Check the warranty book or owner’s manual or other written manufacturer supplement for the address given by the manufacturer. A Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form may be used for this purpose. Click here for the Instructions and Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form. Upon receipt of the notification, the manufacturer has 10 days to direct the consumer to a reasonably accessible repair facility, and then up to 10 days from delivery of the vehicle to fix it.
If the vehicle is in and out of the authorized repair shop for repair of one or more different problems for 15 or more cumulative days, the consumer must give written notification of this fact to the manufacturer (not the dealer), by certified, registered or express mail. Check the warranty book or owner’s manual or other written manufacturer supplement for the address given by the manufacturer. A Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form may used for this purpose. Click here for the Instructions and Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form. After the manufacturer’s receipt of the notification, the manufacturer or its authorized service agent must have at least one opportunity to inspect or repair the vehicle. The consumer may be eligible for a purchase price refund or a replacement vehicle if the vehicle is out of service for repair of one or more nonconformities for a cumulative total of 30 or more days.
If the manufacturer does not provide a refund or a replacement vehicle, consumers may invoke their rights through one or two arbitration programs. The dispute must be submitted for arbitration to a manufacturer sponsored program, if that program was certified by the State of Florida when the consumer purchased or leased the vehicle and the manufacturer's warranty or other written material explained how and where to file a claim with a state-certified program.
A list of Manufacturers who sponsor state-certified programs can be found by clicking here, or to find out if a manufacturer has a state-certified program, consumers in Florida may call the Lemon Law Hotline (1-800-321-5366), consumers out of state may call 850-414-3500. "State-certified" means the manufacturer's program meets certain state and federal requirements; it does not mean that the program is administered or sponsored by the State of Florida.
If a manufacturer has no state-certified program, or if the manufacturer has a state-certified program, but the program fails to make a decision in 40 days, or the consumer is not satisfied with the state-certified program's decision, the dispute must be submitted to the Florida New Motor Vehicle Arbitration Board, which is administered by the Office of the Attorney General. Click here to download a Request for Arbitration form, or contact the Lemon Law Hotline (1-800-321-5366; 1-850-414-3500) to obtain a Request for Arbitration form. The form is submitted for eligibility screening to the Office of the Attorney General.

CruznCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote