Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-25-2017, 05:23 PM   #393
Evolvedx27

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Tuning View Post
Must be run by liberals (you know... the party all about diversity until you don't agree with them).

I've refrained for months... had to
Well said!
Evolvedx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:26 PM   #394
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
LOL, GT500 my ass. That thing is gonna be a straight line queen like the last one. And it likely will cost more than it is worth just like the GT350. And I'm not even sure it'll come out at all. It isn't slated for 18. So what, 2019? By then Chevy will have way more weapons in it's arsenal...like the Z28. And again with this "special" engine BS. Maybe if you keep repeating it to yourself and keep saying it here then others will start to believe you. There is nothing special about that engine. It got hyped up and MT threw it out there just so they could hand the GT350 a pat-on-the-back win despite it getting beat around the track. And your "spitting distance" is quite significant considering that they cost the same and the GT350 can't beat the standard ZL1 at ANYTHING, LOL!! So for the same price as a ZL1 I can tie the SS which is $30K cheaper, go almost half a second slower than the ZL1 around WS, 3 seconds slower than the ZL1 around Nurburgring, and be a full second slower than the ZL1 in the quarter mile...all with my "special" engine?? HAHAHAHA!! DUDE!! AND, the ZL1 has full options including Wifi, wireless charging, PDR, and others...you gotta option in AC on the GT350R bro, haha!! And relying heavily on the aftermarket to me just means that you're throwing garbage out there and letting others clean it up for you. The fact that everything you have to do to keep up with the competition involves tanking your warranty and then some speaks volumes to how pathetic the Mustang really is.
Now, THAT, was awesome. Best thing I've read on here all day!
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:31 PM   #395
RedCamaroZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
A few years ago H2H gave the ZL1 the win over the more powerful GT500. I had a 2013 Camaro ZL1 then. Didn't really care about the result then. I bought what worked for me. Now in 2017 I've gone with a 2017 ZL1. And I don't care about the H2H this time either. I'd guess that nationally, there are more Mustant fans than Camaro fans.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:35 PM   #396
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCamaroZL1 View Post
A few years ago H2H gave the ZL1 the win over the more powerful GT500. I had a 2013 Camaro ZL1 then. Didn't really care about the result then. I bought what worked for me. Now in 2017 I've gone with a 2017 ZL1. And I don't care about the H2H this time either. I'd guess that nationally, there are more Mustant fans than Camaro fans.
I think it was just Ford's time to get some love from those clowns. If they don't find a way to throw love both directions (i.e. "Specialness") from time to time people won't tune into their drama.

Those two ass puppets are actors making sure they have a job tomorrow.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:42 PM   #397
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
The only adjustment they did was adjust tire pressure. Show me were they kept tuning the Camaro's.
Chevy had engineers there and they only adjusted tire pressure, be reasonable.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:49 PM   #398
irmb

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
And even without the chevy engineers involvement, the ZL1 was still 1.6 seconds faster than the ford.
irmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:53 PM   #399
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by irmb View Post
And even without the chevy engineers involvement, the ZL1 was still 1.6 seconds faster than the ford.
Exactly!!! Go Chevy!!!
Old 05-25-2017, 06:16 PM   #400
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS 1LE View Post
The ZL1 beat the GT350R around a track and in a straight line. The ZL1 is a GT car.
Sounds to me like the Chevy GT car beat the Ford track car and that the Chevy track car will destroy the Ford track car.
Seems like a good synopsis of the video and a massive win for chevy.

I hate all the hype about the GT350R engine. The GT350R LITTERALLY has the worst flatplane crank engine currently in production and the ZL1LITTERALLY has the best OHV engine currently in production.

If you like the flatplane that is cool, but it is not special.
I know people don't like Hennessey. But what did he choose for his super car, the Venom GT.... a Chevy V8

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:18 PM   #401
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS 1LE View Post
The ZL1 beat the GT350R around a track and in a straight line. The ZL1 is a GT car.
Sounds to me like the Chevy GT car beat the Ford track car and that the Chevy track car will destroy the Ford track car.
Seems like a good synopsis of the video and a massive win for chevy.

I hate all the hype about the GT350R engine. The GT350R LITTERALLY has the worst flatplane crank engine currently in production and the ZL1LITTERALLY has the best OHV engine currently in production.

If you like the flatplane that is cool, but it is not special.
The Chevy GT car beat the Ford track car in every category and lost the match because it isn't a pure track car. I assumed this H2H was to benchmark the ZL1's capabilities but clearly, that isn't what happened.

If I were looking for a pure track car, I'd probably look at the SS-1LE or ZL1-1LE. The ZL1 is the do everything car. On par with a GT350R and Hellcat but not directly aimed at the R

Regarding the GT500 that might come someday. There is a ZR1 running around that is rumored to be +700 HP. It's reasonable to think/hope it will make its way to Camaro in the mid cycle refresh. 2018 is too soon for all the cards to have been played

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:20 PM   #402
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I bet that had more to do with them not wanting the A10 to fall behind the M6.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:37 PM   #403
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
I'm still scratching my head on this one. I remember when they did the Z06 vs the Viper and had some pretty similar comments about how the Z06 engine was better and how much more they liked the vette on the street but then gave the win to the Viper based solely on lap time.....?

Maybe they have been getting flack about picking winners based on lap time... I do find it interesting, as others have mentioned, that the GT version of the ZL1 beats the full on track version of the Mustang around the track. Would like to see a rematch with the ZL1 1LE but doubt it will happen because it has the same engine. It would just whip the lap time by a larger margin..... apparently the lap time is not that important in this comparison.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:56 PM   #404
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
I'm still scratching my head on this one. I remember when they did the Z06 vs the Viper and had some pretty similar comments about how the Z06 engine was better and how much more they liked the vette on the street but then gave the win to the Viper based solely on lap time.....?

Maybe they have been getting flack about picking winners based on lap time...:iono: I do find it interesting, as others have mentioned, that the GT version of the ZL1 beats the full on track version of the Mustang around the track. Would like to see a rematch with the ZL1 1LE but doubt it will happen because it has the same engine. It would just whip the lap time by a larger margin..... apparently the lap time is not that important in this comparison.
That's the weird part. The ZL1 beat the R at everything and lost because it wasn't raw. It's a ZL1! It's not supposed to be raw. Ya know, the triple treat thing. So what was the point?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:06 PM   #405
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I bet that had more to do with them not wanting the A10 to fall behind the M6.
I'm sure that was part of it.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:14 PM   #406
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post

Maybe they have been getting flack about picking winners based on lap time... I do find it interesting, as others have mentioned, that the GT version of the ZL1 beats the full on track version of the Mustang around the track. Would like to see a rematch with the ZL1 1LE but doubt it will happen because it has the same engine. It would just whip the lap time by a larger margin..... apparently the lap time is not that important in this comparison.
I agree, I hate inconsistency as well.