The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Stingray Photos, Videos, Media

View Poll Results: Pick your top favorite choice of 2014 Corvette Stingray color!
Arctic White 18 10.78%
Black 12 7.19%
Blade Silver Metallic 8 4.79%
Crystal Red Tintcoat 11 6.59%
Cyber Gray Metallic 31 18.56%
Laguna Blue Tintcoat 33 19.76%
Lime Rock Green 5 2.99%
Night Race Blue 13 7.78%
Torch Red 24 14.37%
Velocity Yellow 12 7.19%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2013, 05:40 AM   #57
Hancock

Drives: Blk Z51 NPP J6F Q7T Red Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
if u always bet on black in would lose out in the end.. sometimes u have to bet red too..
It's the plastic black accents that kill me. I was leaning red, but for some reason the lower half of the rear, the black plastic around the tail lights, and even the very distracting "black" gap in between the hood and the rest of the beautiful shape of the front of the car, just became unbearable to me. I think the red is my favorite color by far, but I just can't do the plastic parts and the hood lines through the front kill it for me as well, so I chose black to have it all blend in and be uniform. Not to mention, for young and dumb folks like me, black cars will return laser readings several hundred feet after bright colors like red will, giving you extra seconds to see a patrol car and conform to the speed limit. The German Autobahn system is the safest highway network in the world. I'm not sure why "speeding" on limited access, multi-lane freeways is demonized here in the states, but that's a discussion for another time and place.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #58
dhh62fuelie

Drives: 2012 Audi A5 2.0T Cabriolet
Always loved deep blues, so NRB it is. LBT my next choice.
dhh62fuelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #59
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
It's the plastic black accents that kill me. I was leaning red, but for some reason the lower half of the rear, the black plastic around the tail lights, and even the very distracting "black" gap in between the hood and the rest of the beautiful shape of the front of the car, just became unbearable to me. I think the red is my favorite color by far, but I just can't do the plastic parts and the hood lines through the front kill it for me as well, so I chose black to have it all blend in and be uniform. Not to mention, for young and dumb folks like me, black cars will return laser readings several hundred feet after bright colors like red will, giving you extra seconds to see a patrol car and conform to the speed limit. The German Autobahn system is the safest highway network in the world. I'm not sure why "speeding" on limited access, multi-lane freeways is demonized here in the states, but that's a discussion for another time and place.
I chose grey but really like the red. I like how some black accent adds some color.
I don't excessive speed when other cars around.. I only have chose of endangering myself. I cant choose for others..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #60
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
The whole body is plastic (composite). If you like the monochromatic look, paint the black to match.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #61
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
The whole body is plastic (composite). If you like the monochromatic look, paint the black to match.
the whole body not plastice.. the hood and roof are carbon fiber
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
Old 08-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #62
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Laguna, Kalahari, LT2....can't wait

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #63
Hancock

Drives: Blk Z51 NPP J6F Q7T Red Interior
Quote:
Lol im not thaaaat much of a stickler. It's close enough to me in the pictures. By plastic in my post, I mean the parts that wouldnt have been painted body color, and anyone not in the know, looking at the car, would easily identify as plastic.

And GQ, nor do I speed excessively around other traffic, I should have made that point as well.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #64
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Laguna, Kalahari, LT2....can't wait
2LT
Old 08-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #65
GQ4Life

Quote:

And GQ, nor do I speed excessively around other traffic, I should have made that point as well.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #66
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Quote:
the whole body not plastice.. the hood and roof are carbon fiber
Isn't that a "composite" material? (See above). The base roof is not CF that is an option.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #67
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

I'm shocked that CGM is so far ahead. It is more of a dressy sedan color, not a sportscar color.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #68
GQ4Life

Quote:
Isn't that a "composite" material? (See above). The base roof is not CF that is an option.
Base roof is painted carbon fiber.. still carbon fiber under paint
Old 08-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #69
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Base roof is painted carbon fiber.. still carbon fiber under paint
Oh, that's cool! I'm surprised the visible CF roof is so much $. I guess it's the expensive clearcoat.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #70
GQ4Life

Quote:
Oh, that's cool! I'm surprised the visible CF roof is so much $. I guess it's the expensive clearcoat.
Samething I said. Y not just get regular & take paint off but gm confirm painted one not perfect weaves.
Clear coat one they make sure perfect & looks good. So they say lol