The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Stingray Photos, Videos, Media

Old 11-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Post C7 P58 Stingray Concept/Aero Package/Southwest Speed Build

A couple weeks back we got a call from a friend up north who builds and creates some pretty special projects saying that he was in need of a Laguna Blue C7 for a SEMA car.

So we hand delivered our LB Stingray up to Tommy Z in Grand Rapids, MI about 11 days ago and he worked up a sweet concept in working with Pfadt to create a upcoming package that will be labeled the P58 Stingray Concept that we unvieled at SEMA this morning in the Toyo Tires Booth.

The P58 Stingray Concept package will be designed to include a complete front chin splitter, side rockers, rear C7R inspired High Rise Spoiler, Pfadt Tri Y Headers, Pfadt Adjustable coilovers, special P58 Badging and Floor Mats.

For SEMA we put a set of Vossen Precision Series CVT 21"/20" Wheels on her wrapped with Toyo Proxes.

This particular build will be continuing after the show at Southwest Speed's shop in New Mexico where we will be doing some independent dyno testing to back up what we've all already seen with the Pfadt Tri Y headers.

Stay tuned as we take this C7 to the SWS HP Shop and get it righteous!!

Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Attached Images

Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #2
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Man, I would do that aero package…minus the high wing spoiler. Looks great Ivan!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #3
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Man, I would do that aero package…minus the high wing spoiler. Looks great Ivan!!!
Thanks Gunny!! Keep in mind that this is still in progress and I do have some new half height waterjetting verticles being made for that wing.

I wasn't sold on the position of it either and while it's temporarily on there like that, it's growing on me since I'm seeing a slew of cars out here at SEMA that have this exact high rise spoiler look. Time will tell and most definitely I'm going to at least install and post up pics of the lower mounting point.

Should be fun to see it hit production!

Appreciate the love Gunny!
Ivan
Old 11-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #4
GunnyG
Da WHALE

If I was into the racing scene, it would be great. Sorta Fast N Furious-ish…the high-wing is definitely making a comeback. Guess I'd have to see it in person. But, I don't think it would fit width-wise in my garage without scratching up the wife's Panamera…then I'd REALLY be in trouble. Hey! We missed you out here at the San Diego meet up back a few months ago. Maybe some other time…and bring the C7! I'll need some inspiration for when I start modding. You've always got some great stuff, and much Ivan. I think your connection with Autism Speaks outstanding too!
Old 11-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #5
killascrimp

Drives: 14 z51
damn I like that look.......very nice
killascrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
If I was into the racing scene, it would be great. Sorta Fast N Furious-ish…the high-wing is definitely making a comeback. Guess I'd have to see it in person. But, I don't think it would fit width-wise in my garage without scratching up the wife's Panamera…then I'd REALLY be in trouble. Hey! We missed you out here at the San Diego meet up back a few months ago. Maybe some other time…and bring the C7! I'll need some inspiration for when I start modding. You've always got some great stuff, and much Ivan. I think your connection with Autism Speaks outstanding too!
We got the new brackets on the car and cut it down 6". Big thanks to Mark at Halo Supercars and his team for making that happen in like a day. Literally. New bracket was waterjetted and looks really good.

Thanks Gunny. Most folks don't know, but Southwest Speed was created as a sideproject to help support our family financially when Christa and I left our management jobs back in 2006 when we found out our youngest daughter was diagnosed with Autism.

Neither of us knew anything more than "Dustin Hoffman in Rainman" about it. We were quite ignorant as a matter of fact. But when we took that step back to leave our 60 hr a week jobs, educate ourselves as to exactly what Autism is, got involved with the University of New Mexico's SWAN (SW Autistic Network) division and really tried to figure out just what we as parents needed to do to help support her needs were......that's when I think both of us really evolved as humans. Since then, Alexandria has taught us all more about life, patience, compromise, and everything in between when it comes to Autism. She's really something else and our lives have changed for the better because of all of this.

Connecting the Autism Speaks link to our website was the first thing Christa did before a single part number was added. Education and awareness is the most important thing when it comes to any child with any need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killascrimp View Post
damn I like that look.......very nice
Thanks Killa!

More pics to come as we're on the way back with the Stingray in town.

Here are a couple from the show for now!
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #7
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
We got the new brackets on the car and cut it down 6". Big thanks to Mark at Halo Supercars and his team for making that happen in like a day. Literally. New bracket was waterjetted and looks really good.

Thanks Gunny. Most folks don't know, but Southwest Speed was created as a sideproject to help support our family financially when Christa and I left our management jobs back in 2006 when we found out our youngest daughter was diagnosed with Autism.

Neither of us knew anything more than "Dustin Hoffman in Rainman" about it. We were quite ignorant as a matter of fact. But when we took that step back to leave our 60 hr a week jobs, educate ourselves as to exactly what Autism is, got involved with the University of New Mexico's SWAN (SW Autistic Network) division and really tried to figure out just what we as parents needed to do to help support her needs were......that's when I think both of us really evolved as humans. Since then, Alexandria has taught us all more about life, patience, compromise, and everything in between when it comes to Autism. She's really something else and our lives have changed for the better because of all of this.

Connecting the Autism Speaks link to our website was the first thing Christa did before a single part number was added. Education and awareness is the most important thing when it comes to any child with any need.

Thanks Killa!

More pics to come as we're on the way back with the Stingray in town.

Here are a couple from the show for now!
Ivan, beautiful job on this build. Is the black hood stripe painted gloss black or is it the optional Corvette vinyl hood stripe? I guess I am just too old fashioned to get into the high mount deck spoiler but I am sure that i will appeal to some others. Job nicely done.

Last edited by OldJedi; 11-11-2013 at 05:08 PM.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #8
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
And I love those Vossen CVT Directional wheels!

Except Ivan, correct if I'm mistaken... shouldn't they be revolving the other way around (same forward-looking direction like below on the black C7)?
Counter-clockwise if on left side, while clockwise if on right side?

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:17 PM   #9
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Ivan, beautiful job on this build. Is the black hood stripe painted gloss black or is it the optional Corvette vinyl hood stripe? I guess I am just too old fashioned to get into the high mount deck spoiler but I am sure that i will appeal to some others. Job nicely done.
Thanks Jedi. I'm old and still think it's a bit over the top but the render looked good with it on and some of the sponsors love it so....for now, it's industrial taped to the decklid so that we didn't have to drill holes in it. Completely removable at this point in time.

The black is gloss black paint that was added to the hood and roof panel. I'll have to post a pic of the car from the top to get the entire effect. Comes to the back like a semi teardrop. To garner the lines and recreate that old school Stingray feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
And I love those Vossen CVT Directional wheels!

Except Ivan, correct if I'm mistaken... shouldn't they be revolving the other way around (same forward-looking direction like below on the black C7)?
Counter-clockwise if on left side, while clockwise if on right side?

Hehe! Finally somebody caught it. Not naming names, but somebody in our camp thought that it would be interesting to mount them that way. Not sure that these wheels will stay on the car either but it was really cool to have Vossen step up and help us out with a set that kept the car looking classy and tight. I know originally everybody wanted a wheel with a deep dish but timelines got the best of it and this was the best foot forward option that we had so we ran with it. I personally love the finish on the wheel. Looks like a brushed gunmetal. Just awesome.

Thank you all and appreciate the comments...stay tuned for more later next week as we start getting the "really nice" parts.

Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Old 11-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #10
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Thanks Jedi. I'm old and still think it's a bit over the top but the render looked good with it on and some of the sponsors love it so....for now, it's industrial taped to the decklid so that we didn't have to drill holes in it. Completely removable at this point in time.

The black is gloss black paint that was added to the hood and roof panel. I'll have to post a pic of the car from the top to get the entire effect. Comes to the back like a semi teardrop. To garner the lines and recreate that old school Stingray feel.

Thank you all and appreciate the comments...stay tuned for more later next week as we start getting the "really nice" parts.

Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Thanks Ivan, the gloss black looks really nice and clean. I look forward to seeing some overhead shots.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:39 AM   #11
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Updated pics and new album started on our Facebook page. Check out the new interior update that we did....thoughts??!!

Stingray Build at Southwest Speed
Attached Images

Last edited by Ivan @ Southwest Speed; 01-12-2014 at 12:56 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #12
bnall40

Drives: Z51 3LT, 2009 Pilot, 2012 Ody Tours
What a beautiful car to have such a goofy looking spoiler on the back!
bnall40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #13
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnall40 View Post
What a beautiful car to have such a goofy looking spoiler on the back!
Look closely to the last pic....
Old 01-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #14
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Great job on the interior stitching…seats look awesome!