Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #1
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
The things I liked in those loaner cars, that my Camaro does not have.

First things first....
  • Many of the things mentioned below are features available on other Camaro models. 2LS doesn't have many bells and whistles (which I'm cool with).
  • The loaner cars were often more expensive vehicles.
  • These are just features I liked, I'm not complaining.
  • At the end of it all, I'm happier to be driving my 2LS Camaro again than any of these loaners.
The loaners I've driven in the past 3 months (forgive the omission of specific model trim). All models are 2015.
  • Mazda 3
  • Chevy Suburban LTZ
  • Subaru Outback
  • Subaru Forester
  • Chevy Volt
Now, the features I enjoyed that my 2LS does not have:
  • Moon roof. The Forester had a particularly large one, though it added little for those in the front row compared to regular sized ones.
  • Music over Bluetooth. Some handled this better than others, but generally it was a fun and useful feature.
  • Ground clearance/AWD. Instead of juking around patches of flooding, I just plowed forward. This was especially fun in the Subarus.
  • Backup cameras.
  • 4 doors. It made it much easier to take my mother and grandmother out to dinner.
  • Visibility. I knew what I was getting into with the Camaro, but the Forester is like the antithesis. Giant glass all around.
  • XM. I had fun with it, but wouldn't pay for it.
  • Electric torque (Volt). I can see how something like a Tesla can be lots of fun.
  • V8 rumble (Suburban). More fun than the electric torque.
  • HID headlights.
Things I don't have, but really did nothing for me:
  • Lane warning/Collision warning/etc.
  • Color screen dash displays. Especially the Volt. Not really conducive to quick glances for info.
  • Heated seats/automatic climate control.
  • Push button start.
Of course there are many things I love about my Camaro, and even though there are things I enjoyed about the loaner cars doesn't mean I have an issue about those features not being in my car. Because as I said, I'd rather have my Camaro
NJScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:00 AM   #2
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
I'd kill for a CD player. I can't figure out all this BLUETOOTH CRAP :( And I won't pay for Radio XM.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:13 AM   #3
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
I'd kill for a CD player. I can't figure out all this BLUETOOTH CRAP :( And I won't pay for Radio XM.
Hahaha..... Yea, I had took my 13 v6 back when I first purchased it because I didn't know that there wasn't a CD player! So they hooked one up and put it in my glove compartment for me ! But the base from the car wasn't there when I used the CD player! And now that I bought my 11, I barely use the CD player . Because I have alot of songs that aren't on CDs that's on my Phone now , so I used Bluetooth! But you do get better sound quality from CD's than you do from most Songs through Bluetooth!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:15 AM   #4
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
First things first....
  • Many of the things mentioned below are features available on other Camaro models. 2LS doesn't have many bells and whistles (which I'm cool with).
  • The loaner cars were often more expensive vehicles.
  • These are just features I liked, I'm not complaining.
  • At the end of it all, I'm happier to be driving my 2LS Camaro again than any of these loaners.
The loaners I've driven in the past 3 months (forgive the omission of specific model trim). All models are 2015.
  • Mazda 3
  • Chevy Suburban LTZ
  • Subaru Outback
  • Subaru Forester
  • Chevy Volt
Now, the features I enjoyed that my 2LS does not have:
  • Moon roof. The Forester had a particularly large one, though it added little for those in the front row compared to regular sized ones.
  • Music over Bluetooth. Some handled this better than others, but generally it was a fun and useful feature.
  • Ground clearance/AWD. Instead of juking around patches of flooding, I just plowed forward. This was especially fun in the Subarus.
  • Backup cameras.
  • 4 doors. It made it much easier to take my mother and grandmother out to dinner.
  • Visibility. I knew what I was getting into with the Camaro, but the Forester is like the antithesis. Giant glass all around.
  • XM. I had fun with it, but wouldn't pay for it.
  • Electric torque (Volt). I can see how something like a Tesla can be lots of fun.
  • V8 rumble (Suburban). More fun than the electric torque.
  • HID headlights.
Things I don't have, but really did nothing for me:
  • Lane warning/Collision warning/etc.
  • Color screen dash displays. Especially the Volt. Not really conducive to quick glances for info.
  • Heated seats/automatic climate control.
  • Push button start.
Of course there are many things I love about my Camaro, and even though there are things I enjoyed about the loaner cars doesn't mean I have an issue about those features not being in my car. Because as I said, I'd rather have my Camaro
Sounds like the Camaro upper trim level would've been better for you!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:16 AM   #5
TheSmokingSuns

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, 2011 Camaro 2LT
You should have gone with a 2LT model. So worth it for the added features
TheSmokingSuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:54 AM   #6
Agent 31

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS Ashen Grey
Bluetooth + Spotify = no need for a cd player... ever.
Agent 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:54 AM   #7
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
2LT. All you need.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:00 PM   #8
marcvilla

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
I agree with the other guys, my 2LTRS has all those features, well except for AWD and that V8 growl : ( , My Camaro is in the shop and I drove around on a brand new Silverado for a loaner, I grew up with trucks in the family I LOVED that truck, I've always been a Chevy truck guy and they do not disappoint, they almost got me to trade in my Camaro for it, almost hahahaha
marcvilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:11 PM   #9
dklowrider

Drives: 2012 1SS, 6spd. many mods 478 rwhp
I'm trying to picture a Camaro 4 dr. with suv ground clearance. Only thing I come up with is the '84 Caprice with 33's that I saw in the city the other day.
dklowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:20 PM   #10
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
I agree with you on a few levels.

1. If GM offered HID or LED headlamps as a stand-alone option, I would have gladly paid for it.

2. Bluetooth streaming audio is something I think should have been included on the basic radio.

I also love me some heated seats. Heat on sore muscles feels really good.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:30 PM   #11
NJScorpio

When I was shopping for a Camaro, what took priority was a combination of low mileage, CPO warranty & low price.

When I found my 2012 2LS (Black) there was a red 2LT RS. The additional features were appealing, and it was marginally more expensive, but it had 30k+ miles as opposed to 10K. At the time I figured I liked the halogen lights because they looked more retro...but I do wish I had more illumination at night...and I didn't realize that a model could have phone Bluetooth but not music Bluetooth. Other than that, I'm happy about my choice between the two.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #12
NJScorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
2. Bluetooth streaming audio is something I think should have been included on the basic radio.
It feels like a feature that was "turned off" in order to charge more to include it. I know I can buy the module separately to upgrade, so I can also play music off of a USB stick...but I hear you need to go to a dealer to flash new software. I don't want to deal with them.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #13
NJScorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
When you are driving a loaner/rental you don't need ground clearance or 4WD to plow through puddles

How many neutral drops did you do?
Very true!

I didn't want to trash the cars too bad, considering they had my car lol.

What I did do was really push that Volt as hard as I think anyone could. 31mpg!