Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-27-2015, 07:07 PM   #1
seven

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS 2LT AGM
Installed Cold Air Induction's CAI Update with video

Hey. I installed the Cold Air Induction's cold air intake today. It took 40 minutes....would have gotten done a little sooner but the crank case breather hose fitment that is sent with the kit gave me some trouble- it was really hard to get it onto my breather hose, had to stretch it to get it on and then the hose was a little long. It all went okay though especially considering I have not worked on a car in 25 years. Hi five for me!!!!
So I drove it and WOW does she GROWL!!! It feels more responsive too from a stop with less hesitation. So happy with my new CAI
2015 RS Camaro 2LT with Sunroof, Performance Exhaust, Ground Effects, Tinted Windows, LED Fog Lights(DD), CAI Cold Air Intake, Ghosted Side Markers(Showstopper), Elite Catch Can, Xpel & SunTek PPF, Replica Z28 High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black Factory Reproductions)

Last edited by seven; 05-24-2015 at 09:10 PM.
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:56 PM   #2
Z28bryan

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LS
Yep that hose was the hardest part of the install for me as well.
Z28bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:45 PM   #3
fraklyn1904

Drives: 2012 v6 lfx
That was my first mod and i really do enjoy it as well
fraklyn1904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:30 AM   #4
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
Hey. I installed the Cold Air Induction's cold air intake today. It took 40 minutes....would have gotten done a little sooner but the crank case breather hose fitment that is sent with the kit gave me some trouble- it was really hard to get it onto my breather hose, had to stretch it to get it on and then the hose was a little long. It all went okay though especially considering I have not worked on a car in 25 years. Hi five for me!!!!
So I drove it and WOW does she GROWL!!! It feels more responsive too from a stop with less hesitation. So happy with my new CAI
Glad to hear that you are happy, thank you so much for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.! The hose is a little tight going on, but it has to be that way to make sure it is airtight. Anytime you are dealing with rubber, you can warm it up a little to make it more pliable. A 40 minute total install time for not working on a car in 25 years, it sounds like you did A-OK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraklyn1904 View Post
That was my first mod and i really do enjoy it as well
Thank you very much, we appreciate your business and support and are glad to hear that you are happy with your CAI!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:36 PM   #5
seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Glad to hear that you are happy, thank you so much for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.! The hose is a little tight going on, but it has to be that way to make sure it is airtight. Anytime you are dealing with rubber, you can warm it up a little to make it more pliable. A 40 minute total install time for not working on a car in 25 years, it sounds like you did A-OK!

Thank you very much, we appreciate your business and support and are glad to hear that you are happy with your CAI!
Thanks!!!!!
2015 RS Camaro 2LT with Sunroof, Performance Exhaust, Ground Effects, Tinted Windows, LED Fog Lights(DD), CAI Cold Air Intake, Ghosted Side Markers(Showstopper), Elite Catch Can, Xpel & SunTek PPF, Replica Z28 High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black Factory Reproductions)
Old 03-04-2015, 12:12 AM   #6
Chevycamarors@19

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro RS black
I have to do this mod to my car !!
Chevycamarors@19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:03 PM   #7
SliverSurfer

Drives: Summit White 2014 1LT
Installed the CAI Inc unit...have loved it since day 1! Great quality, sound and performance.
SliverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 03:05 PM   #8
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevycamarors@19 View Post
I have to do this mod to my car !!
Well order soon my friend because as of right now we will not have any in stock for about 2-3 weeks! This is the beginning of our busiest time of year and the 2012+ V6 unit is by far one of our most popular sellers!!

We look forward to having our CAI on your vehicle, and thank you so much for your consideration and support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliverSurfer View Post
Installed the CAI Inc unit...have loved it since day 1! Great quality, sound and performance.
Thank you so much, really glad to hear you are so happy! Thank you for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:06 PM   #9
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Pics?
Libertypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:50 PM   #10
SliverSurfer

Drives: Summit White 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Thank you so much, really glad to hear you are so happy! Thank you for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.!
Thank you for developing/fabricating/building a quality product that works so well and looks so good under our hoods!

Nice to see a great product coming out my home state! Keep up the great work!
SliverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 02:37 PM   #11
seven

Quote:
Yes here is the pics....
Old 03-07-2015, 02:58 PM   #12
el-guapin
Trust No One!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT/RS
Nicely done!..
Quote:
Yes here is the pics....
Old 03-08-2015, 04:05 PM   #13
Raven42nd
"Let 'em eat crow"

Drives: 2014 Spring Edition V6 Conv
More Pics

I love it with the VMAX awesome stuff. The sound just from the CAI is so awesome. The butt dyno likes it too, LOL

Old 03-08-2015, 06:14 PM   #14
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
I pulled the trigger and ordered mine today... Hopefully a few weeks I will have it and then get to work and get it on...

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote