Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 04-22-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Stonebriar Chevy - Mod Friendly?

Anyone know how mod friendly Stonebriar Chevy is in Frisco? I am scheduling my oil change (going to pay the difference for synthetic) but debating on putting back on the stock air box. Would rather now, but do not want to have the whole warranty debate.

I know they have to prove an issue was caused by the cold air intake, but just looking to keep from having any issues.

Do you all put your stock airbox back on for service trips?

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:36 PM   #2
blk 2013

Drives: 2017 SS 6sp
if you are just going to have the oil changed I doubt they would even notice.
blk 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:58 PM   #3
WIPLASH
WIPLASH

Drives: '15 SW/2SS/RS/1LE
I was there yesterday and specifically asked 2 of the service advisors about CAI and lowering springs...they said if there is a cause and effect due to mods, it wouldn't be covered, but the old "window not working is a valid warranty claim, regardless of your CAI" was used as an example by them. My guess by their response/reaction is they get this question a lot.
WIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:51 PM   #4
DFWHD

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible
I purchased my car new from them in 2012 and have talked to my SA about mods over the last couple of years. He's always said that the mod wouldn't be covered and if it broke something, then that wouldn't be covered either). Basically the standard answers we all know from being here on C5... My mods to date include Solo Mach X cat back, Elite catch can, LED DRLs, interior lighting and CAI. I've had my power windows switch replaced under warranty and no one said anything. Was there last weekend for an oil change and state inspection and had just installed my CAI a few days before and no one said a word about anything except for complimenting the car and the sound of the Solo exhaust on the LFX.

I wouldn't worry about it. By the next time I'm there for an oil change I will have also added the Solo HFCs and the APEX washer bottle relo and CAI scoop.
DFWHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:38 AM   #5
gnturboray

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS LS3 LPE750
I took mine to them for some warranty work and didnt have any issues.
gnturboray is offline   Reply With Quote