Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-11-2015, 08:38 PM   #29
SeanRob

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Installed mine today. All i can say is wow!
SeanRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:44 AM   #30
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanRob View Post
Installed mine today. All i can say is wow!
Awesome!! Glad to hear that you are happy, thank you so much for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.! Now post up some installed pics for us to check out!!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:50 PM   #31
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
^ Ask and you shall receive. How about vids though. Here is my stock 2013 V6 engine sound:

Here is one where I did almost the same thing only after install:

And here is a road test where I was able to get on it a little bit:

You can probably tell it's louder after that ^ video. It's deeper and throatier but it's only louder when you really get on it. This sound is only with the CAI installed, the exhaust is still bone stock and it sounds that good. Sorry the video quality sucks, not sure what happened there. But you get the idea. I freekin' love it. I went to buy tissues today. We still had another box but not for the bathroom AND the living room. That was my excuse for driving my car. I saw a guy in the parking lot with a nice looking Chevelle - 454. We talked about our cars for a couple minutes, he couldn't believe mine was a 6...
Old 03-31-2015, 07:33 PM   #32
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Get an MRT exhaust and your set! I went with version 1 version 2 seems to be the more popular one. Car sounds good man!

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:40 PM   #33
DFWHD

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible
New toys arrived yesterday from Apex, right on schedule. It took right at three weeks from the date I ordered the CAI to the date it all arrived. I installed the CAI this afternoon in about 40 minutes. Was super easy after reading these threads and the install instructions. Love the sound on WOT. Of course, the wife just rolls her eyes... Now off to order the Solo HFCs. Once those arrive, LG Motorsports down the road is installing those and the washer bottle relo kit and scoop. Can't wait till everything is done, been planning all this since I bought the car in 2012.
DFWHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:22 AM   #34
Backspin9

Drives: The red one
I'm thinking of adding this. Does it provide any benefits for an everyday car, besides the sound? Also, how often does the air filter need to be changed?
Backspin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:23 PM   #35
seven

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS 2LT AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspin9 View Post
I'm thinking of adding this. Does it provide any benefits for an everyday car, besides the sound? Also, how often does the air filter need to be changed?
It is suppose to get you better gas mileage, increase in hp, better throttle response.....one of the best mods you can get. The air filter does not need to be changed. You can clean it. The time to be cleaned varies on type of driving and environment you drive in. More dusty areas would be more often but I understand it could be like 15,000-20,000 miles, however, some people do it sooner.
2015 RS Camaro 2LT with Sunroof, Performance Exhaust, Ground Effects, Tinted Windows, LED Fog Lights(DD), CAI Cold Air Intake, Ghosted Side Markers(Showstopper), Elite Catch Can, Xpel & SunTek PPF, Replica Z28 High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black Factory Reproductions)
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:41 AM   #36
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertypilot View Post
^ Ask and you shall receive. How about vids though. Here is my stock 2013 V6 engine sound:

Here is one where I did almost the same thing only after install:

And here is a road test where I was able to get on it a little bit:

You can probably tell it's louder after that ^ video. It's deeper and throatier but it's only louder when you really get on it. This sound is only with the CAI installed, the exhaust is still bone stock and it sounds that good. Sorry the video quality sucks, not sure what happened there. But you get the idea. I freekin' love it. I went to buy tissues today. We still had another box but not for the bathroom AND the living room. That was my excuse for driving my car. I saw a guy in the parking lot with a nice looking Chevelle - 454. We talked about our cars for a couple minutes, he couldn't believe mine was a 6...
That's awesome man, your car sounds GREAT!! Its very cool to hear how happy you are with the CAI, definitely makes us feel good about what we are doing and the product we are putting out there. Thank you so much for posting those videos, they are great and we really appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWHD View Post
New toys arrived yesterday from Apex, right on schedule. It took right at three weeks from the date I ordered the CAI to the date it all arrived. I installed the CAI this afternoon in about 40 minutes. Was super easy after reading these threads and the install instructions. Love the sound on WOT. Of course, the wife just rolls her eyes... Now off to order the Solo HFCs. Once those arrive, LG Motorsports down the road is installing those and the washer bottle relo kit and scoop. Can't wait till everything is done, been planning all this since I bought the car in 2012.
Thank you for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.! We appreciate your business and support very much! Glad to hear that you are happy!

Quote:
These CAI's were made for the everyday car, the more you drive it the more you will reap its' benefits, and since our advertised gains are from a bone stock Camaro, it's not as if you need to heavily mod the car to gets the CAI's advantages.

Your going to have a better sound, as already told from the customers above. You are going to gain about 16 RWHP, your throttle response will see some improvement as well. Depending on how you drive the vehicle, you may also see a improvement in your fuel economy, usually around 2 mpg is what we hear, but your foot on the accelerator will be the biggest determining factor with that

The filter comes from us pre-oiled and ready to use, and its made for lifetime as long as you maintain it with our Recharge Kit, which you can get on our website. Unless you are driving in extremely dusty conditions or roads with lots of debris (think pollen, leafs, dirt, etc.) than its not uncommon to get 25k-50k miles on our filter before even needing to think about using a recharge kit. Just a little cleaning up of some of the larger debris from time to time on the filter and in the airbox will help out greatly. If you don't want to deal with recharging the filter yourself, in 50k or so, miles or when the filter is really dirty, you can just buy a replacement filter from us that is ready to install again.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions!
Old 04-10-2015, 11:57 AM   #37
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Get an MRT exhaust and your set! I went with version 1 version 2 seems to be the more popular one. Car sounds good man!
Thanks man, I appreciate that! Does the MRT V1 or 2 make the car louder overall? Or only when you get on it? I'll look into it of course, just curious.

Quote:
There are your answers below. I can feel the added horses, for me that's worth the price right there. But the sound man, it's just killer! Re: the air filter, I just pop the hood every so often and check for large debris in there. I plan on replacing the entire filter once a year just because that's how I want to do it. That and they're only like 48 bucks. 48 bucks a year to keep her breathin' happy? I'm fine with that. If you do get it, you're going to love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
That's awesome man, your car sounds GREAT!! Its very cool to hear how happy you are with the CAI, definitely makes us feel good about what we are doing and the product we are putting out there. Thank you so much for posting those videos, they are great and we really appreciate it!

Thanks man! Even though I only have the V6, I fully intend on lifting the hood at the next car show. Thank you for the excellent customer service - answering all my questions, sometimes with more info than I asked for, and for always getting back to me within about an hour each time. You guys are great, you have a great product, you're obviously proud of it, and you should be. I love the shit out of my 6.

Anybody that's interested, this CAI system was on "Two Guys Garage." These experts talk about why this is the best CAI out there. It's why I went with it. Here's the video:

Old 04-11-2015, 08:20 AM   #38
dv8rulz

Drives: 2010 RJT RS/SS
Installed yesterday

Got the cold air inductions intake installed, hope to get the scoop installed today. I must say I'm impressed with the quality of this thing.
dv8rulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:29 AM   #39
seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv8rulz View Post
Got the cold air inductions intake installed, hope to get the scoop installed today. I must say I'm impressed with the quality of this thing.
2015 RS Camaro 2LT with Sunroof, Performance Exhaust, Ground Effects, Tinted Windows, LED Fog Lights(DD), CAI Cold Air Intake, Ghosted Side Markers(Showstopper), Elite Catch Can, Xpel & SunTek PPF, Replica Z28 High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black Factory Reproductions)
Old 04-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #40
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv8rulz View Post
Glad to hear that you were impressed, thank you for your business and support, we appreciate it very much!!
Old 04-18-2015, 01:30 PM   #41
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Well, I just installed mine and I also could just not get that crank case vent hose in there and fitting right, so I cut off about 1/4 inch and it fits nice and snug now. About 40-45 minutes but I took extra time to make sure everything was just right, but it is an easy install.

It looks awesome, and it puts out a nice growl when you floor it that I have not heard in any of my vehicles in a LONG time.

On Tuesday I put the Vitesse Controller in, and on Saturday the CAI intake..
Life is good...
Attached Images

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:49 PM   #42
seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post
Well, I just installed mine and I also could just not get that crank case vent hose in there and fitting right, so I cut off about 1/4 inch and it fits nice and snug now. About 40-45 minutes but I took extra time to make sure everything was just right, but it is an easy install.

It looks awesome, and it puts out a nice growl when you floor it that I have not heard in any of my vehicles in a LONG time.

On Tuesday I put the Vitesse Controller in, and on Saturday the CAI intake..
Life is good...
SWEET!!!!!!!!! I know that sound is so amazing. I pulled the fuse on my factory performance exhaust which allows the baffles to be open at all times instead of only at 3000rpm/plus BUT...it drowns out that super awesome growl of the motor so I elected to put the fuse back in. Love that G-R-O-W-L. You did a great job. Looks awesome.