Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 10-24-2017, 07:55 PM   #1
SS920SS

Drives: Black Camaro SS
Cel and engine dies on idle

Hi,

Its been only three months since i purchased a brand new 2017 camaro ss. Today morning when i started my car everything was normal. No issues on my commute to work until my lunch break. Go into my car and started my car and felt the car shake and the check engine light turned on. The engine noise sounded odd and started to lose power and all of a sudden the car turned off while it was in idle. I tried starting the car and cel was still on and after few seconds the engine died again. When tring to press on gas while in park car make a loud poppin noise from exhaust. I have no clue what is wrong with the car and little worried. Anyone who had similar issue, any thoughts or any expert help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
SS920SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:24 PM   #2
SS920SS

No mods. Did a Onstar diagnostics and codes came with issues with engine and transmission. Thats only info they provided
Old 10-24-2017, 08:36 PM   #3
SS920SS

No works under the hood except the fuse box. Hardwired a dash cam and npp fuse pull which was done two months ago. Just went to the car to check but still cel and engine dies few seconds on idle. Now i have another issue. When stepping on gas nothing happens. This really sucks....and i have no clue how serious the issue is. Guess i have to get it towed to dealership? Dont want to risk of towing the car and getting more damages.... this really blows
Old 10-24-2017, 09:02 PM   #4
JRS

Drives: 16 camaro M6/ 18 ZL1 camaro A10
From what your describing it sounds like the supply pump isn't running which feeds the high pressure fuel pump. Make sure your fuel pump fuse isn't blown and make sure it's not same fuse you used for you dash cam because that probably won't be warranty if that's what caused it. Just my thoughts
JRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:19 AM   #5
SS920SS

It looks like the shop that installed the dashcam used the transmission control module fuse and it blew the fuse. WTF.... any idea if this is a simple or a costly fix? Calling the shop tomorrow
Old 10-25-2017, 02:02 AM   #6
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS920SS View Post
It looks like the shop that installed the dashcam used the transmission control module fuse and it blew the fuse. WTF.... any idea if this is a simple or a costly fix? Calling the shop tomorrow
Judas priest. Dont let those ding dongs fix it haha. Replace fuse, buy a regular dash cam, one that doesn't need to be hardwired to the car. Fingers crossed she runs right after fuse is replaced.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:06 AM   #7
JRS

Drives: 16 camaro M6/ 18 ZL1 camaro A10
You could replace the tcm fuse and see what happens because blown fuses are never good but with the dash cam plugged in chances are that is were the problem lies. I would try and hook it directly to a battery source and put a fuse inline of the wires on the dash cam with a small fuse and just see if it blows, if it does chances are you have a pinched wire somewhere. If it doesn't blow the fuse it was plugged into it might have just been too much draw for the tcm fuse and it blew because the wiring is only just heavy enough to run what it was designed for.
JRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:33 AM   #8
SS920SS

Thanks to everyone for their input and help. I replaced both fuses the dashcam was using and looks like it solved the issue. The engine starts and sounds normal. But the cel is still on but hopefully issue doesnt come back. Next time for any install Im going to a more reputable shop. Lesson learned. Oh and also for anyone trying to hardwire anything to the underhood fuse box dont use (F29 and F58 ) to save you trouble or avoid doing any hardwiring for less future headache. Thanks guys now I can be at ease....

Last edited by SS920SS; 10-25-2017 at 12:03 PM.