Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
Robert215

Drives: 2016 hyper blue SS
Front bumper dent/ hit

New to the site hope I could get some help. I got a 13 Ls Just noticed a nice dent L shaped were you can tell someone backed right into it. It's not very deep little less then 1/16 of a inch. About 3" by 2" L shaped. It's in the perfect spot were it's impossible to get to without Takeing the bumper off. Anyone have any good solution for a good fix? The paint has a little crack about a inch long on the L that's it. Not to sure about a dent removal kit think it may be too hard on it. Any suggestions? Chevy wants way too much for something little.

Anyone do a job like this before?
Robert215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:46 PM   #2
J-Crazy Camaro

Drives: Red V8
your bumper is made out of plastic, and if its cracked then its cracked you have to get it replaced or repaired by a body shop, you cant unbend it or pull it out with a dent removal tool. submit a pic?
J-Crazy Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:39 PM   #3
Robert215

My bad I ment there is alittle crack In the paint not the bumper. I bought the dent removal kit but I herd some things about ripping paint off witch has me worried. The first pic up front you can't even see it. But the side view it sticks out. What do you suggest?
Attached Images

Old 09-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #4
Ron71

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convertible
Unfortunately a dent removal kit is not going to do much good if any on a plastic bumper. If one is careful, a heat gun can be used to get indentations out of a plastic bumper, but you need access from behind to massage the plastic back in place and to put pressure on as it cools back down.
Ron71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:15 PM   #5
Robert215

That's what I kind of figured. That's what I'm Gona do. Sounds like the best idea to do. Get behind it with some heat. I know there is some scratches next to it that weren't there before but I know rubbing compound would get that off. What do you suggest for the cracked paint? Could rubbing compound help that too?

Tags
camaro 1ls, dent repair, front bumper