The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 12-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
topry

Drives: 2014 Corvette 2LT velocity yellow
Unable to start Speech Recognition

Has anyone else seen this error when trying to use your bluetooth linked smartphone?

I had it twice the first week of ownership, and restarting the car resolved it - but starting yesterday, I get it 100% of the time. Before I take it to the dealer, I wanted to see if anyone else experienced this and had a workaround.

I've tried turning bluetooth off/on, deleting / re-adding the connection (it does show as connected on the iPhone in bluetooth options, but if I use the phone, smartlink is not an option for output).

This also affects the ability to change speaker volume from the paddles on the steering wheel - they do not work either.
topry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:33 AM   #2
Louis White Law

Drives: Torch Red C7 Z51 stingray
Haven't experienced it. I always plug my iPhone to the USB. Should work plugged in or not.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:23 AM   #3
billbunton

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Send a message via MSN to billbunton
I saw it Monday. A simple restart didn't cure it, but after a 45min stop it fixed itself. I've heard of a few other people having a similar problem. I'm taking the car in for some other stuff tomorrow, and plan to ask about it (just to get it noted on the record).
billbunton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:30 AM   #4
topry

If you find out anything, please post back - I don't currently have plans to take mine in anytime soon, but would like to be able to use the bluetooth link to my phone.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #5
SSDRIVER

Drives: 2006 H3
Topry, so you said that the steering wheel volumn controls are not working
and the speech button to start Bluetooth is not working? check to see if radio
station and navigation information is present on the instrument cluster
info display, does it indicate what station and is the map present? let me know, thanks. ssdriver
SSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #6
topry

It started working today, so I will have to check the instrument panel display next time it occurs (I did not try it before) - the center console display works properly for radio, etc -but I did not try to access the phone/radio from the instrument panel.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #7
billbunton

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Send a message via MSN to billbunton
I've now had it happen twice.

SSDriver, the steering wheel controls and instrument cluster are totally disconnected from the infotainment system. Audio says no audio connected, nav shows no map, phone says no phone connected.

Supposedly the GM rep is going to be at my dealership sometime before Christmas to look at other issues on my car, the dealership wants to make sure he knows about this too. The second time it happened to me was Saturday when picking the car up from the dealership after some getting the reflash for the dim dash at dusk problem, so obviously that isn't the fix...
billbunton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #8
SSDRIVER

I have encountered this issue and to the T of what you have just told me...
was informed that there is a software issue in the instrument cluster cousing
infotainment (radio) issues, updated software should be out soon.....
SSDriver
Old 01-18-2014, 03:38 PM   #9
grp

Drives: 2014 C7 Convertible Z51 3LT
I took delivery of a C7 Vert recently, and have had this happen to me a couple of times now. Were you given any idea when the SW update will be available? It is definitely intermittent, and quite irritating.
grp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:44 PM   #10
grp

Drives: 2014 C7 Convertible Z51 3LT
SSDriver, do you know if there is a main number where one can get technical information about problems related to C7s? My dealership didn't have any idea about how to resolve the problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
grp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:32 AM   #11
OldSchool

Drives: 2014 LRG 2LT Z51 Stingray
Any word yet on when the software update will be coming out?
OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:14 PM   #12
SSDRIVER

The software update is available now, have the dealer look up the PI for this
concern, and it gives instructions on what modules need to be updated depending on the vin breakpoint.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:47 PM   #13
Gary Schroeder

Drives: 2015 and 1972 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by topry View Post
Has anyone else seen this error when trying to use your bluetooth linked smartphone?

I had it twice the first week of ownership, and restarting the car resolved it - but starting yesterday, I get it 100% of the time. Before I take it to the dealer, I wanted to see if anyone else experienced this and had a workaround.

I've tried turning bluetooth off/on, deleting / re-adding the connection (it does show as connected on the iPhone in bluetooth options, but if I use the phone, smartlink is not an option for output).

This also affects the ability to change speaker volume from the paddles on the steering wheel - they do not work either.
I have a similar problem in my 2015 that just cropped up: volume control paddles on steering wheel no longer function. At the same time that that problem appeared, the audio system began to intermittently cut out at random. The preset stations disappear from the center stack display and the radio acts as if it's been rebooted or turned off and on. Sound goes out for about 2 seconds, then re-starts. happens on all audio sources. The dealer said they have no tech bulletins about this, so I'm wondering if you found a resolution to your steering wheel volume control problem; they appear to be related. I'm hoping that a software update can fix this.
Gary Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:24 PM   #14
Gary Schroeder

Drives: 2015 and 1972 Stingray
UPDATE: I let the car sit in the garage for two days. I moved it out into the driveway to wash it and the problem has magically resolved itself. The volume paddles now work and the stereo has stopped spasming on me. Seems like the software has reset itself, but I'm betting this won't be the last time I'll see this problem, so I'm canceling my appointment with the dealership, but requesting that they document that this happened in case I need it for a future warranty claim.
Gary Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote