The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 04-03-2015, 07:50 AM   #1
Flytrade

Drives: 2015 C7
Florida Lemon Law

My C7 will be two months old on April 5th. During this time I have driven 3400 miles and used 7 1/2 quarts of oil.

So far the dealer has changed the oil and is verifying the oil consumption. The service manager made a comment they may want to exchange the engine for a new one and send mine back to the manufacturer to find the problem so it won't happen on other engines.

I'm not happy with that solution. If they replace the engine, then my vin numbers will not be the same throughout the car. Also, they could cause other problems doing the work. For these reasons, I would like them to replace the car with a new one.

Is anyone familiar with how the lemon law works? Have you had to use it? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Other than the oil consumption, I love the car and it drives great.
Flytrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:48 AM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
google florida lemon law..

essentially, it's at least three visits for the same thing that total 30 days in the shop without a fix....you will pay a small bit for the 3400 miles used.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:52 PM   #3
Flytrade

Drives: 2015 C7
Thanks for the reply Glen, but that gives me the legal version. I would hate to have to do all that. I was hoping someone else used the law, but in a less legal way with the dealer. I would think the company would not want the publicity of having this go public, especially with their Corvette. I would hope to discuss this with the service manager or general manager and come to a "nice" conclusion or understanding.
Flytrade is offline   Reply With Quote