Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 09:39 PM   #939
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbenavitz View Post
The most interesting aspect to this situation is the OP is using social media to put pressure on a business owner to try and get what he wants. I feel bad for him and the loss of his ZL1 as this is always a real drain both emotionally, physically, and potentially monetarily. Lots of people get their cars damaged by the neglect of other drivers and you never see any thing more than "replacement" value. I was rear ended last year by a driver who was charged with negligence and I received a "replacement" value and was thankful of that. I did not start a smear campaign against the owner of the business who's son was driving the truck that hit me.
How can you call this a smear campaign? He was wronged by the dealership and he's exercising his right to express his fustrations on a forum that will lead him on to a path to discover if he was correct in his assessment...so far a large majority of people feel that he is correct in his assessment. Obviously you took a higher road because you felt sorry for the owner's son because of his inexperience. As long as you were satisfied with the results, you shouldn't be complaining.

I also think you're situation is a BIT different from this situation.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:50 PM   #940
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
While I do agree that our society has an entitlement problem......I completely disagree with you in this situation. The OP is damn well entitled to get an equivalent replacement. I bet if this happened to you, you wouldn't be so supportive of the dealer....and probably wouldn't think this 'has went clear out of control'
This whole debate seems to revolve around "us" vs. "them"

Old 01-11-2014, 09:58 PM   #941
heymatt

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I believe you assume too much.

I DO happen to know Mr. and Mrs. Hooper -- I've talked to them a few times in the past two weeks and I know how much they loved their ZL1.

Do not assume that GM is not aware of this issue.

Do not assume that GM is sitting back and doing nothing.
AWESOME!
Old 01-11-2014, 10:14 PM   #942
cdjnight

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexZr2 View Post
I see 1.4, and rightly so if the dealership will not make it right. Good luck to OP.

Dam that was overnight! Not to mention views on this thread were only 100,000 last night. I'd say the rest of the world is looking now as we approach 200,000 views.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:15 PM   #943
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
While I do agree that our society has an entitlement problem......I completely disagree with you in this situation. The OP is damn well entitled to get an equivalent replacement. I bet if this happened to you, you wouldn't be so supportive of the dealer....and probably wouldn't think this 'has went clear out of control'

Well first of all, I have my cars insured for an agreed amount with my classic car insurance co. I did not say he wasn't entitled to get a replacement vehicle. I stated he is not entitled to any more than what his car was worth when the incident occurred .
Now I do have an issue on the way it was handled. The dealer gave him a loaner car while HIS insurance co, Geico was trying to get a solution. Then the OP decides to go to the media and blow this situation to his favor. Well that little episode backfired. Now the rub.. the owner KNEW this would happen because he has written books and knows of the confidentuality (SP) between clients. Owner wanted an upper hand for negotiations. Well that failed. The dealer got upset of the media exposure , in which I don't blame them. So the ball is in the owners hands. He can take the deal, negotiate another if the insurance co accepts or go to arbitration with HIS insurance co. Fighting your own insurance co. should get interesting. And if you are wondering who was buying the replacement vehicle... the insurance co. Not the dealership. I like their commercials ..

Last edited by Hall of Fame; 01-11-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:29 PM   #944
cdjnight

just read this new one http://capegazette.villagesoup.com/p...71?cid=3514901 it says Hoopers only had liability insurance? I find that vary hard to believe?

Oops I misread that the dealer ship owner Hansen has liability...

Last edited by cdjnight; 01-11-2014 at 10:47 PM. Reason: oops
Old 01-11-2014, 10:30 PM   #945
Kevins89notch

Drives: Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbenavitz View Post
The most interesting aspect to this situation is the OP is using social media to put pressure on a business owner to try and get what he wants.
I don't see a single threat. The OP simply publically documented a situation, and how it was handled. I don't see the OP posted this thread at tons of other sites. I don't see him emailing Yahoo, Autoblog, Jalopnik, etc. Clearly if the situation was handled fairly, it wouldn't be news. However 1st State Chevy clearly hasn't learned a damn thing about customer service in their years of business, so sadly now they are learning the hard way. I think I learned in a very low level marketing class that an happy customer tells a couple friends, but a pissed off customer will tell dozens of people. The internet has brought people closer, and this is the outcome.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:40 PM   #946
70rsz28

Drives: 70 rsz28,97 30th aniv conv 13 ht wh
it says hansen has liability insurance. is he saying that dealership has liability insurance or hoopers ?

Last edited by 70rsz28; 01-11-2014 at 10:45 PM. Reason: comment
Old 01-11-2014, 10:46 PM   #947
cdjnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rsz28 View Post
it says hansen not hoopers has liability insurance.
You are correct, I read right over the name...
Old 01-11-2014, 10:47 PM   #948
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
To break up the monotony a bit, can someone recap a bit here. I found this thread when it was first started but haven't checked in a while... What's the OP's situation at this point?
Old 01-11-2014, 10:50 PM   #949
cdjnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter11 View Post
To break up the monotony a bit, can someone recap a bit here. I found this thread when it was first started but haven't checked in a while... What's the OP's situation at this point?
still waiting for a deal they all can agree on. sounds like gm is looking and lawyers and insurance companies...also its making its rounds on all the internet from Yahoo to blogs by many automotive sites including LSX
Old 01-11-2014, 10:54 PM   #950
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter11 View Post

Just a little humor from His insurance co.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:08 PM   #951
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
I'm eagerly awaiting the grand finale to this storybook tale. When you get the likes of Scott and Becky adding comments, only happy endings are in site.
And how about the fantastic offer from Phadt racing?
I hate how the Hoopers are being treated and I really don't think that they are out to get more than they deserve, but I sense it is going to have a dramatic ending for them.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:27 PM   #952
Mcarltonjr

Drives: 2013 F150 STX
[QUOTE=Hall of Fame;7329535]Well first of all, I have my cars insured for an agreed amount with my classic car insurance co. I did not say he wasn't entitled to get a replacement vehicle. I stated he is not entitled to any more than what his car was worth when the incident occurred .
Now I do have an issue on the way it was handled. The dealer gave him a loaner car while HIS insurance co, Geico was trying to get a solution. Then the OP decides to go to the media and blow this situation to his favor. Well that little episode backfired. Now the rub.. the owner KNEW this would happen because he has written books and knows of the confidentuality (SP) between clients. Owner wanted an upper hand for negotiations. Well that failed. The dealer got upset of the media exposure , in which I don't blame them. So the ball is in the owners hands. He can take the deal, negotiate another if the insurance co accepts or go to arbitration with HIS insurance co. Fighting your own insurance co. should get interesting. And if you are wondering who was buying the replacement vehicle... the insurance co. Not the dealership. I like their commercials ..

You do realize you sound like an idiot right? The original poster had no intentions to "get the upper hand". The poster simply posted an experience that was handled poorly. The dealership I bought my car from didn't catch major parts that where broken on it and I posted about it on here just explaining an experience. People do this everyday. The magnitude of tho situation gained enough attention and care do to the people on this forum posting and talking about it. Not the original poster. He has had very little to say. Someone whom wants attention would be on here with the rest of us combating and stating his two cents. He has rarely posted since. The situation is horrible and the dealership will be the ones to hurt. They screwed up. And you know damn well gm is doing something but it won't be going public to any of us anytime soon.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1