The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #15
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicamariella View Post
Knock on wood, I have been very fortunate. I have 95% tint on my windows (I think Pa law allows up to 70...) and it gets a lot of attention. I was in a police station visiting one of my cop buddies (it's always good to know cops!) when this one cop walks in a huffy. He said he was going to impound the Camaro parked out front because of the tint. So I asked why he would do such a thing to my car. His attitude changed and I joked that he could take my car if he could catch me ... playful banter back and forth

I was also doing 20+ over the limit right past a cop. For certain I thought I was getting a ticket because he pulled out with lights ablazin. I roll down my windows and he just drives right by me.

Doing volunteer work and being in the military has allowed me to interact with all kinds of law enforcement, so I've been able to build up my network!

Also, it helps to step out of the Camaro in a cute dress and stilettos.
Well, if you think it can help. But should I also shave my legs? Or go au naturel?
Old 12-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #16
callmedeejay
In Afghanistan til august

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss
So I was on my way back from meeting up with a cute Colombian girl at her college when I noticed the car I was behind had a 10 year old boy waving to me and giving me a thumbs up. I got a chuckle out of this and figured, why not give him a little show, its a wide open, straight road for quite a ways. Not thinking to THOROUGHLY look ahead, just looking for more cars driving on the road, I punched it and passed the SUV. I have no CATS and from the straight pipe (where they would be) back I have a Borla ATAK exhaust. I screamed by and noticed both the Dad and son smiling and giving a thumbs up. Well, joke is on me because half a mile or so up the road was a police SUV on the side of the road by some trees, getting some good concealment. I was clocked doing 102 in a 55. He asked me to step outside the vehicle and put my hands on the trunk. He then asked if I always drove that fast and why I was currently, protocol of course. I informed him of the situation and that I am Active Duty Army. He told me to get back into my car and wait for him. Now I am stationed in NY so I am sure you can guess just how strict the rules of the road are there haha. He DID end up writing me a ticket, however only for 85 in a 55, which is MUCH better than 102 considering that would have resulted in my arrest. Needless to say he cut me a pretty good break and I haven't been giving out free shows since!
callmedeejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #17
Midlife conVert

Drives: Black 2LT Convertible
Question here, How do you get a ticket for doing anything on Private property? E.G. parking lots or private gated community?
Old 12-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #18
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
This one time, I got a ticket for speeding. I totally deserved it. I was respectful to the officer, and he wasn't a dick.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #19
white ZL1

Drives: none
I've got quote a few stories from my younger/dumber years, and ran into quite a few LEO's who were good people. There's a couple of times they probably could have taken me to jail, and didn't. To be honest, I don't know if I've ever had a bad encounter with a LEO?
I did have one give me a ticket I didn't deserve, 66 in a 45 - long story, but then a year later got pulled over for speeding again, well over 90 in a 55 and he wrote me up for 72 so that it wasn't also reckless driving. So I can't complain.
white ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #20
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
My dad was pulled over twice in 3 months for speeding. 1st time was on a highway in VA where the posted limit went from 70 down to 55 and was doing about 87 when the cop caught us on our way to W&M. The other time was in NY as we were traveling from Colgate to Cornell (yes both trips we were looking at colleges) and were stopped doing 50 in a 25 just as the limit changed as we enter the outskirts of a small town. Both times the cops asked us where we were headed, and after telling them to see colleges they started telling us about their kids and how they went to the same places ironically. Turns out I learned more about the schools I was heading to see from those dads/cops on a traffic stop than I did from the college info sessions I was heading to see! Didn't get a ticket either time...
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #21
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
I have many more good cop stories than bad cop stories.

One of the best is when my 16 yo son got pulled over by the local police. The officer gave him a ticket for speeding and reckless driving. He power slid his bright red 1985 300ZX that we rebuilt around a corner. The police officer called me that night to tell me he will be sick the day of court, and I should play it up in the meantime with my son. In our area, anyone under 21 has to go before the judge. Well after 3 months of lectures, and constant reminder his license could get suspended, the DA dropped the ticket. A few days later the cop came over and let him know this was a one time favor, and they are watching out for him now.

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #22
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
This is a great thread. I fully respect all the officers out there who put their life on the line for us. Yes, at times they make mistakes, but overall they do far more good than bad. Face it, if you are doing 85 in a 60, and he gives you a ticket for 69, you got off easy.

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #23
jessicamariella
Chase me...

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Well, if you think it can help. But should I also shave my legs? Or go au naturel?
Definitely give those good legs a shave ;-)
Old 12-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #24
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Years ago on Thanksgiving I was returning home that night in my just acquired winter beater with a bad muffler and expired temporary inspection sticker and stopped at a stop light, when the light turned green I took off normally, which was still pretty loud, about a block later I got lit up by a NYS trooper, gave him the usual paper work and waited for my two tickets I knew were coming.

Trooper; Didn`t you see me sitting at the gas station?

Me; No sir if I had I most definitely would have eased away from that stop light.
The trooper went back to his car and in a few minutes came back to me.

Trooper; So, do want a ticket for inadequate exhaust or expired inspection sticker?

Me; HUH!? (I started to laugh a little and was smiling) Why the choice?

Trooper; Let`s just say I`m running a holiday special tonight, so, exhaust or expired inspection?

Me; Exhaust please. (much cheaper fine if fixed right away)

I`ve had a couple of questionable encounters with LEO over the years but that trooper offset any ill feelings I had about those other two encounters and still makes me smile a little even to this day when I think about it.

Thank you officer, who ever you are.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #25
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife conVert View Post
Question here, How do you get a ticket for doing anything on Private property? E.G. parking lots or private gated community?
There are still laws that govern those areas. Such as DUI, reckless driving, driving over a fire hose, parking infront of a fire hydrant, etc.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #26
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11BEE View Post
This is a great thread. I fully respect all the officers out there who put their life on the line for us. Yes, at times they make mistakes, but overall they do far more good than bad. Face it, if you are doing 85 in a 60, and he gives you a ticket for 69, you got off easy.
Completely agree with you, and like the active and retired LEOs here on this forum say... Your attitude has a lot to do with how an officer handles the situation.
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #27
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
When I know I'm caught I pull over right then whether they are on the side of the road or I meet them. Granted there were times I've pulled over and know one came but sometimes they have. I've gotten out of a lot of tickets be cause of this.
Last one was about 5-6 months ago I just left the car wash and I did a quick 1-2-3 shift about half throttle so I was doing 65 pretty quick. Bad thing was I'm in a 45 speed zone and I instantly met a county.....
I pull over on the spot and he whips around and pulls up behind me. I've already got all my stuff out and he walks up.
After a short chat he leaves without even asking for my drivers license
Respect goes along way.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote