Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 06-18-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Camaro finance rates....

Any chance the interest rates are going to go down anytime soon on the Camaro? The rate is like close to 6% on the SS's, making it a little too rich for my blood. Since I can't put a huge amount down on the car, the interest rates are key for me to fit it into my budget. The lease on my Acura is ending in a couple of months. Any chance the rates come down on the Camaro within that time? If I try to get one now, I'm looking at payments that are like my mortgage, and I can't justify that. I really want this car. But not if it means that it puts me in a big hole each month. My second choice is the Challenger, which is offering a great 2.6 % interest rate, and the third choice is the Hyundai Genesis coupe 3.8 GT, which is offering 0% financing and is a great car. But I love the Camaro SS and want it more. But the rates need to be lower, or I can't do it.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Are u financing the car through the dealership or your bank? I had the dealership quote me at 6% +/- or so... Then i went to my bank and they gave me a rate at 4.5%. Needless to say once i showed the dealership they matched my banks rate and went with it.

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
Zdrrguy
Resident "Fbody" Member

Drives: 2010 2LT RS & 91 Camaro V8 RS
Send a message via Skype™ to Zdrrguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post
Any chance the interest rates are going to go down anytime soon on the Camaro? The rate is like close to 6% on the SS's, making it a little too rich for my blood. Since I can't put a huge amount down on the car, the interest rates are key for me to fit it into my budget. The lease on my Acura is ending in a couple of months. Any chance the rates come down on the Camaro within that time? If I try to get one now, I'm looking at payments that are like my mortgage, and I can't justify that. I really want this car. But not if it means that it puts me in a big hole each month. My second choice is the Challenger, which is offering a great 2.6 % interest rate, and the third choice is the Hyundai Genesis coupe 3.8 GT, which is offering 0% financing and is a great car. But I love the Camaro SS and want it more. But the rates need to be lower, or I can't do it.
I agree Ray, the rates are high considering others, so I know the feeling.
We too just paid off Kellys car but the rates are steep unless we put a huge dp.

I asked that question last week and I got the answer I expected which was NO but GM might decide to change that if things start to slow down which I dont think will happen.

CCFBG-1 1991 Camaro RS Phantom Grey/CCFBG 2-2010 2LT RS Black on Black
Mark....President/Founder of www.CCFBG.com
Zdrrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:37 PM   #4
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
I purchased mine 1/2 a year ago, so I am sure the numbers are different today. But my local dealer offered me 5.99% for 5 years, 6.99% for 6 years at the time through GMAC. I was in the same boat, to expensive. I emailed every dealer in a 100KM radius. I got several replies back. Basically the dealers either used GMAC or TD Canada Trust for their financing. The dealers that had access to TD had rates of 4.5% for 5 years, 4.9% for 6 and 5.7% for 7 years! I took the emails back to my local dealer and got the GMAC down to 4.9% for 5 years, which I accepted. Try that and shop around if you can!
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:26 AM   #5
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdrrguy View Post
I agree Ray, the rates are high considering others, so I know the feeling.
We too just paid off Kellys car but the rates are steep unless we put a huge dp.

I asked that question last week and I got the answer I expected which was NO but GM might decide to change that if things start to slow down which I dont think will happen.
Maybe the much higher gas prices due to HST might slow things down on a car like the Camaro. Plus, I've noticed a couple of dealers here in Ottawa that have a quite a few of them on the lot. The rate might come down, I hope.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote