Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-01-2006, 07:57 AM   #15
MarkLS2
Administrator

Drives: 2009 Camaro
I wouldnt read much into the changes we are seeing on those pics, those pics are computer renderings. The renderings are not based on the production car, but are made by an advertising firm so that they can make a very cool website. 3d modelers dont make 100% accurate replicas, theres always some changes. As long as it generally looks the same as the concept then its acceptable for the website.
MarkLS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:28 AM   #16
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
You know you are right, I can only see a difference in the front. But I like it better. I can't see no other differences, besides the rear being more square. But in the chevy muscle magazine that come out a few weeks ago said this is just a concept version and there will be changes. But it is still a bad ass car.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:17 PM   #17
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Name:  112_news060518_14z+2007_chevy_camaro_concept+wheel_close_up.jpg
Views: 2862
Size:  17.2 KB

Ok, found a press photo with the line that separates the fender from the fascia.
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:53 AM   #18
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
yeah what about it. its always been like that. i noticed it when i saw the concept in detroit
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:18 AM   #19
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Ya it has always been like that it would not be right if it was one solid piece, because you know there will be body kits made for this car and if that front end would be one solid piece they would not be able to make a body kit. And I think a body kit on this car would be sweet.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:41 AM   #20
savagewarlord

Drives: 1993 Camaro, 1989 Firebird
www.gmcanada.com

Kool Intro
savagewarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:41 PM   #21
Freedom07

Drives: Lifted 98 GMC K1500
site

I found this site I dont know if everyone has seen this site but I came across it today.

http://gmcanada.com/english/vehicles...maro/index.jsp
Old 02-17-2007, 01:01 AM   #22
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
It was posted a while back. Lots of threads to go through to see if it's been posted and that is pretty cool for those who haven't seen it yet.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:48 AM   #23
Freedom07

Drives: Lifted 98 GMC K1500
ok cool I couldnt find it in here so I didnt think it had been posted. thanks..
Old 02-18-2007, 11:43 AM   #24
Luna
Own one, dont date one!!!

Drives: Tiburon
Send a message via Yahoo to Luna
I hadn't seen it before, good find Freedom
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:17 AM   #25
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

Drives: 2002 Hot Rod Magazine Ltd. Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLS2 View Post
I wouldnt read much into the changes we are seeing on those pics, those pics are computer renderings. The renderings are not based on the production car, but are made by an advertising firm so that they can make a very cool website. 3d modelers dont make 100% accurate replicas, theres always some changes. As long as it generally looks the same as the concept then its acceptable for the website.

I gotta disagree with you there, Mark. I think these may be real photos of the production version of the car. Yes, it's very close to the concept, and that's just what they've been telling us. The seperation lines for the front and rear facias look like how I would expect a production version to look. The roof line looks to be raised slightly to me, too. Besides the "big" changes to the front and rear shapes, the ride height is also higher. Again, Concept is too low for production. Yes, wheels look to be a bit smaller, too. This looks like just what I would expect to see in the transition from Concept to Production.

OK, this is just my opinion, but that's what I see.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:38 AM   #26
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

Drives: 2002 Hot Rod Magazine Ltd. Ed.
I took another look at the GM of Canada website. I noticed that the Camaro gallery has a mix of photos of the Concept & the "Production" version. You can see photos of both front fascias, as you go through the gallery. It's hard to tell in the photos if the "production" version: the one with the built in front spoiler, still has the GM Design badge on the rocker panel area, just behind the front tire.

Also, on the "production" version, I'm guessing the spoiler, combined with what appears to be more of a "bumper" (it sticks out farther from the grill than the no-spoiler version) has to do with meeting bumper/crash standards.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #27
WMCC Gary
Camaro Addict

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMCC Doug View Post
I took another look at the GM of Canada website. I noticed that the Camaro gallery has a mix of photos of the Concept & the "Production" version. You can see photos of both front fascias, as you go through the gallery. It's hard to tell in the photos if the "production" version: the one with the built in front spoiler, still has the GM Design badge on the rocker panel area, just behind the front tire.

Also, on the "production" version, I'm guessing the spoiler, combined with what appears to be more of a "bumper" (it sticks out farther from the grill than the no-spoiler version) has to do with meeting bumper/crash standards.
Nice observations.
WMCC Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:56 AM   #28
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLS2 View Post
Thank you, well said. The response to the OP just shows how intense anticipation is and how high hopes are, I don't think we'll be disappointed.
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote