The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 06-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
Hancock

Drives: Blk Z51 NPP J6F Q7T Red Interior
Any fellow audiophiles have specs?

I would love to know the specs of the audio system if anyone gets ahold of this information. System power, speaker sizes, anything!
Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
I hope it sounds better then the C6 Bose, because that one really sucked!
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
I would definitely recommend getting aftermarket speakers. Alpine speakers have WAY better quality and performance even compared to Bose. The same goes for subwoofers as well. You will get a lot better sound quality and performance by going with Alpine instead of stock or other aftermarket brands.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Yeah, the Bose has been awful to date. My Jeep Wrangler with factory Infinity speakers and amp sounds about a million times better. Part of the Bose issue is having the main speakers in the door - poor acoustics no matter what they do. Hopefully, with the new system having the subs in special boxes along the rear of the hatch opening will allow them to better tune the sound quality overall.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
Hancock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Wagner View Post
I would definitely recommend getting aftermarket speakers. Alpine speakers have WAY better quality and performance even compared to Bose. The same goes for subwoofers as well. You will get a lot better sound quality and performance by going with Alpine instead of stock or other aftermarket brands.
I was planning on doing so, that's why I'm on the hunt for the sizes, so I can do my research on dropping some higher quality ones in. Now that I think about it, I really haven't heard a very good Bose system in any GM vehicle. All the yukons, suburbans, any vehicles with Bose, I have been unimpressed. I was hoping this might be the exception. Oh well, going aftermarket is relatively cheap.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #6
Philr56

Drives: Toyota Tundra CrewMax Limited
Send a message via Skype™ to Philr56
I would prefer to wait and hear the improved system Chevrolet promises will be in the 2/3LT versions. I too had the Bose system in my 07/08 Vettes and while the sound was adequate, it wasn't powerful enough to drown out the drone of the exhaust when I wanted to hear my tunes. Let's hope the audio engineers did their homework.
Philr56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
jsvette

Drives: C7, XTS, Porsche, C70
I have Bose in a number of my cars (the top end option with sub woofer, extra speakers etc.) and have found it pretty darn good. It is very good (especially in surround sound) in my XTS, and while I agree it doesn't typically 'drown' out the exhaust on my Porsche, when I am blasting the symphony in flat 6 I wouldn't want the Bose to over power it. IMHO that is one of the pluses of a performance exhaust system. I am sure the Bose in my C7 will be perfectly good with additional speakers and woofers in that small enclosure, and definitely don't want it over riding my Performance exhaust when I am driving enthusiastically.
jsvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:18 AM   #8
Hancock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvette View Post
I have Bose in a number of my cars (the top end option with sub woofer, extra speakers etc.) and have found it pretty darn good. It is very good (especially in surround sound) in my XTS, and while I agree it doesn't typically 'drown' out the exhaust on my Porsche, when I am blasting the symphony in flat 6 I wouldn't want the Bose to over power it. IMHO that is one of the pluses of a performance exhaust system. I am sure the Bose in my C7 will be perfectly good with additional speakers and woofers in that small enclosure, and definitely don't want it over riding my Performance exhaust when I am driving enthusiastically.
While I can understand that viewpoint, couldn't you simply turn it down a little if you want to hear the exhaust more? I'd much rather it get louder than I want and have to back it down, then never be able to really enjoy my music when I want to hear it rather than the exhaust.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #9
Philr56

Drives: Toyota Tundra CrewMax Limited
Send a message via Skype™ to Philr56
Tag said during the NCM C7 event that Bose stepped up and did a much better job with the sound system, claiming the audio output is the best they've ever measured in any car. The system (2Lt and 3LT) come with a 9-liter subwoofer module. See the video explanation at http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292459 Fast forward the time code to 48:23 to hear about the audio enhancements.
Philr56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #10
Hancock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philr56 View Post
Tag said during the NCM C7 event that Bose stepped up and did a much better job with the sound system, claiming the audio output is the best they've ever measured in any car. The system (2Lt and 3LT) come with a 9-liter subwoofer module. See the video explanation at http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292459 Fast forward the time code to 48:23 to hear about the audio enhancements.
Wow thank you so much for sharing that video. That was the best video i've seen yet!!
Old 07-01-2013, 02:01 AM   #11
REVVIC

Drives: 2014 Z51 Velocity Yellow
CD Player in Bose System?

Sorry I can't help with Bose audio system information. But, I do have one question, does the new C7 play CD's? I heard it doesn't. Regardless, I'll appreciate just getting the 2LT trim level. Any one have an answers?

Vic
REVVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:14 AM   #12
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVVIC View Post
Sorry I can't help with Bose audio system information. But, I do have one question, does the new C7 play CD's? I heard it doesn't. Regardless, I'll appreciate just getting the 2LT trim level. Any one have an answers?

Vic
No, unfortunately the new C7 does not play CD's All Chevy's are getting rid of CD Players while adding My Link.

It does have USB ports and bluetooth however, which are even easier to play music off of. I still buy CD's and support the artists I like and will occasionally use the CD player but it's nothing that I can't live without. I use bluetooth 99.9% of the time I get in my cars and can't live without it
Old 07-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #13
Hancock

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVVIC View Post

Vic
Very interesting that you bring that up. Have not even thought about the fact that it doesn't have a CD player. But you are correct as far as what you heard. Go to the interior color thread in the media part of this forum, and see for yourself that there is in fact no CD slot. Honestly, I haven't used a CD in a couple years. It is unbelievably easy to rip a CD to your computer, buy a 20 dollar 32 GB flash drive, and load that CD and hundreds more onto it. Then simply plug that flash drive into one of the 3 USB ports in the C7 and enjoy. Think of it as a Deluxe 300 CD Changer
Old 07-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #14
REVVIC

Drives: 2014 Z51 Velocity Yellow
Thanks guys for the answer. My iPhone 5 and thumb drive will have expanded duties.

Vic
REVVIC is offline   Reply With Quote