Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2007, 09:20 PM   #71
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
Tag has friends in high place because hes always talking about secret rituals and conversations with men in the white room with black curtains. so when are you going to spill the info or is there a threat on your life that keeps such info from us? jk
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:07 PM   #72
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNut View Post
Tag has friends in high place because hes always talking about secret rituals and conversations with men in the white room with black curtains. so when are you going to spill the info or is there a threat on your life that keeps such info from us? jk
The "friend(s)" we know have a fleet of black suburbans which will appear immediately after any unauthorized disclosure. :slice:

Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:35 PM   #73
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
The "friend(s)" we know have a fleet of black suburbans which will appear immediately after any unauthorized disclosure. :slice:

I'll just put it this way....it's only rumor and could easily be false. But, if it's told and it's true, then there goes GM suprise! Sure, I'd be happy knowing about it, but I don't want to spoil GM's suprise!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #74
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Not sure why Mr. Saleen would say something like this...but let me assure you that he does not sit in any meetings concerning the Camaro as a production car.

(at least at this point in time....)

Suffice it to say that Camaro must remain 'best in class' in all measures of performance.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:33 AM   #75
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Suffice it to say that Camaro must remain 'best in class' in all measures of performance.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:33 PM   #76
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Saleen does quality work, I don't know why that would upset anyone? Anyone who takes issue with Saleen should pay themselves a visit to the Saleen store in Irvine, pretty cool stuff. I'd consider a fully Saleen customized Camaro if the deal goes through, I've been a fan of their work since I was a kid.
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:16 PM   #77
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

Drives: 2002 Hot Rod Magazine Ltd. Ed.
Steve Saleen has stated in the past that he hates Chevrolet and Camaro (when he was racing Mustangs in the World Challenge Series). Funny how a big pile of money from GM can change someones attitude.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:22 PM   #78
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

saleen is associated w/ ford...that's why. I don't see saleen working w/ GM and hope he doesn't. That's not to say I don't like his work...I just don't think he should be building camaros.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:28 PM   #79
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
saleen is associated w/ ford...that's why. I don't see saleen working w/ ford and hope he doesn't. That's not to say I don't like his work...I just don't think he should be building camaros.
I more than understand the Saleen/ford relationship, and I can't say that I've ever really liked Fords. My thought is if you're a "car enthusiast", you like cars, period. I respect what Steve Saleen has managed to do with Mustangs and other Ford products, but especially the S7.
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:41 PM   #80
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
Hey, the badder the Camaro we can burn rubber in, the better I say. Look at it as the new IROC.

EDIT: Plus, that would be one less thing for the stang owners to gloat about.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:50 AM   #81
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

Drives: 2002 Hot Rod Magazine Ltd. Ed.
I'm not saying Saleen does not make nice mods to cars, or does bad work. I'm just saying he has said in the past he hates Chevrolet. Besides there are other compainies to "tune" our Camaros, GMMG or SLP, to name a couple.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:59 AM   #82
WMCC Gary
Camaro Addict

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMCC Doug View Post
I'm not saying Saleen does not make nice mods to cars, or does bad work. I'm just saying he has said in the past he hates Chevrolet. Besides there are other compainies to "tune" our Camaros, GMMG or SLP, to name a couple.
I would much Rather have GMMG work on my car that saleen. Beside saleen is associated with the f-word to closely.
WMCC Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:45 AM   #83
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
The thing I like about a possible Saleen/Camaro relationship is the mass appeal it would bring to the Camaro brand. The fact that it is heavily associated with Fords and Mustangs in particular could be a very good thing becasue it may pull more attention from the traditional Mustang crowd to the Camaro.

Personally I would probably have GMMG or SLP mess with my car before Saleen as well, but for everyone else that is not a die hard Camaro enthusiest I see a Saleen relationship as a good thing due to its mass appeal.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:40 PM   #84
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMCC Doug View Post