Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-13-2017, 10:26 AM   #1
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Talk me out of a 1LE...

Looking for a weekend car to replace a C6 corvette.

Any drawbacks or downside to the 1LE package other than limited tire choice and at nearly twice the price of 1-2SS tires?
I don't need all the 2SS bells and whistles, but would enjoy a little more than the standard 1SS trim.

Drove one yesterday on the advise of members here, it felt good, but then again these were rural Maryland roads, not the war zone conditions of PA suburban roads.

What are your thoughts?

Is the 1LE too track oriented, or just a bada$$ car on the street?
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:27 AM   #2
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
I think it's a great all around car, that kicks ass (relatively) on the track.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
Saybo

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Weekend car to replace the c6 - Check
Don't need all the bells and whistles of the 2SS - Check
Would enjoy a little more extras than the base 1SS - Check
Bada$$ car on the street- Check

You want the 1LE
Saybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:03 AM   #4
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
If you drive mainly on horrible potholed roads the SS/V6 1LE/FE3 suspension is more complaint and what I would recommend. Actually I would recommend an SUV. The FE3 also has less tire noise and is better for drifting.

Otherwise on even a half-decent road I find the SS 1LE is more fun.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:23 AM   #5
MTS2020

Drives: 2017 HBM SS 1LE
Can't talk you out of it, but I sure as heck can talk you in to it.....
MTS2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:56 AM   #6
rootus

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
I won't try to talk you out of it because I adore my 1LE, but I will say make sure you have a bottle of loctite and some ramps. I was caught off-guard by how quickly the endlink issue reared it's head (437 miles on the odometer, to be exact) and I only had my rhino ramps to work with. Had to get creative.
rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:02 PM   #7
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
daily driven 1LE with 14k miles here and no complaints....... It sounds like the 1LE checks all the boxes for you, i say do it! Michigan roads can be brutal due to all the heavy auto industry shipping they see and I don't find it to be a problem. I simply use the toggle switch to soften the suspension into touring mode when bumpy roads are ahead.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:23 PM   #8
Uncle Sam

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE Hyper Blue
I picked the 1LE over a GS Corvette mainly because of $30K plus difference. Can't beat the value.

Why get rid of the C6? Camaro has a bit more room. The ride is very good on potholes but the wheels and tires could suffer with a regular daily bashing.
Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:47 PM   #9
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I am physically unable to talk you out of it! And even if I could I wouldn't!!! haha
Old 09-13-2017, 01:54 PM   #10
diirk

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I was considering one but prefer the extras of the 2SS. Unless you're regularly tracking your car, the 1LE pkg won't do anything for you on a daily basis IMO. My 2SS was still a blast on the track and did quite well and I still get to enjoy the ventilated seats on those hot/humid days and the HUD, heated steering wheel, etc. There's really nothing with the 1LE that I need, although I do like the upgraded brakes.
1morproject
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:57 PM   #11
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
I test drove the 2SS and the 1LE.

The 1LE felt like a much more focused car, much more sporting character, etc. The 2SS was nice, but it's the same as the car I pick up from Enterprise ever Monday so it didn't really stand out too much.
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:21 PM   #12
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashBang23 View Post
daily driven 1LE with 14k miles here and no complaints....... It sounds like the 1LE checks all the boxes for you, i say do it! Michigan roads can be brutal due to all the heavy auto industry shipping they see and I don't find it to be a problem. I simply use the toggle switch to soften the suspension into touring mode when bumpy roads are ahead.
I tried to feel the difference between tour and sport, but the salesman kept flipping it to sport. The roads were in decent condition so I couldn't get a good impression of how harsh it was, seemed about the same as the C6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
I picked the 1LE over a GS Corvette mainly because of $30K plus difference. Can't beat the value.

Why get rid of the C6? Camaro has a bit more room. The ride is very good on potholes but the wheels and tires could suffer with a regular daily bashing.
C6 is closing in on 140,000 miles and will need some cash invested. I'm not really a corvette guy but when I was in the market for a car in late 2013 there wasn't much on the market that fit my needs, and I always liked the C6 style and performance wise. After three plus years and close to 60,000 miles I'm sort of looking for a car that I'm more comfortable driving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
I am physically unable to talk you out of it! And even if I could I wouldn't!!! haha
I understand completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K+1LE View Post
I test drove the 2SS and the 1LE.

The 1LE felt like a much more focused car, much more sporting character, etc. The 2SS was nice, but it's the same as the car I pick up from Enterprise ever Monday so it didn't really stand out too much.
I was just making sure it wasn't such a track focused car that it made any long distance driving a maddening experience.
Like Top Gear's James May on their epic "Greatest driving road" adventure picking the wrong car.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #13
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
It rides as smooth and plush in Tour as my 2015 CTS with MagRide.

Actually I think it's slightly better, the Caddy is flinty over sharp bumps due to the run-flats and the car porpoises over speed bumps which the Camaro does not...
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:34 PM   #14
Lugnutty

Drives: 2022 2SS
I traded a C6 for my 1LE. I find the Camaro to be better in every way. However, I think if you aren't going to take the car to the track, the 1LE stuff isn't necessary. It's serious overkill for a street car. I think the 2SS with MR is a better weekend car. I do dozens of track days every year so my choice was easy. The 1LE is an amazing machine. Any 6th gen Camaro is an amazing machine!

Drive them both. If you don't need loud, harsh tires or 6-piston brakes, don't waste any money on them.
Lugnutty is offline   Reply With Quote