Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 01-04-2017, 08:53 PM   #1
JCPhoto

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Clunk in Front End When Taking Off From A Stop

Hey everyone. So as the title reads. When I'm at a redlight and take off with moderate acceleration. I get clunk/pop that can be felt in the driver floor board and a little in the steering wheel. If I take off slowly no issues at all. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this at all. 2017 SS 1LE 6M. Thank you!
Old 01-24-2017, 10:23 AM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPhoto View Post
Hey everyone. So as the title reads. When I'm at a redlight and take off with moderate acceleration. I get clunk/pop that can be felt in the driver floor board and a little in the steering wheel. If I take off slowly no issues at all. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this at all. 2017 SS 1LE 6M. Thank you!
Hey JCPhoto,

I regret to learn you’re experiencing this clunk concern with your new Camaro. I see that you are seeking insight from other forum members, but feel free to send us a private message if you are interested in visiting your dealership. We would be more than willing to help facilitate an appointment on your behalf. Please be sure to include your full contact information, current mileage, VIN, and preferred dealership in your message if you’d like our assistance.

Kindly,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 04-04-2017, 09:59 AM   #3
JCPhoto

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Thank you Julie but after manyyyy bad experiences at various dealers I will do everything in my power to avoid a dealer.

I did however fix the problem. The driver side sway bar end link was very loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hey JCPhoto,

I regret to learn you’re experiencing this clunk concern with your new Camaro. I see that you are seeking insight from other forum members, but feel free to send us a private message if you are interested in visiting your dealership. We would be more than willing to help facilitate an appointment on your behalf. Please be sure to include your full contact information, current mileage, VIN, and preferred dealership in your message if you’d like our assistance.

Kindly,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 04-04-2017, 05:24 PM   #4
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPhoto View Post
Thank you Julie but after manyyyy bad experiences at various dealers I will do everything in my power to avoid a dealer.

I did however fix the problem. The driver side sway bar end link was very loose.
Glad you figured it out and I don't blame you for staying away from the dealerships
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:26 PM   #5
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Yep. I try to solve my own problems to avoid going to the dealership as well. They either tell you the problem you're experiencing is "normal" or "within tolerances", and/or you leave with more problems than you came in with.

My truck occasionally shifts incredibly harsh. It's very embarrassing when my friends are riding with me and it happens. I took it in for the dealer to check it. I was told it was "normal" and to come back if it got worse or the MIL light illuminated.
Later, I was having a recall service performed. I needed a ride to work, so the courtesy shuttle ended up being my truck. A guy from the dealership rode with me to work and then drove my truck back. Anyway it shifted harsh with the service guy in the truck. I asked, do you think that's normal? He chuckled (as if it were a silly question) and said no way. So I said why don't you guys go ahead and fix that for me since the truck is still under the bumper-to-bumper warranty. When I picked up the truck... of course they couldn't find anything and it was all of a sudden shifting within tolerances.

Also, on multiple occasions I've had vehicles scratched while being serviced. It's your word against theirs so nothing gets done.

Obviously dealership experiences will vary, but I certainly cringe when I have to make an appointment.
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:55 PM   #6
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
Yep. I try to solve my own problems to avoid going to the dealership as well. They either tell you the problem you're experiencing is "normal" or "within tolerances", and/or you leave with more problems than you came in with.

My truck occasionally shifts incredibly harsh. It's very embarrassing when my friends are riding with me and it happens. I took it in for the dealer to check it. I was told it was "normal" and to come back if it got worse or the MIL light illuminated.
Later, I was having a recall service performed. I needed a ride to work, so the courtesy shuttle ended up being my truck. A guy from the dealership rode with me to work and then drove my truck back. Anyway it shifted harsh with the service guy in the truck. I asked, do you think that's normal? He chuckled (as if it were a silly question) and said no way. So I said why don't you guys go ahead and fix that for me since the truck is still under the bumper-to-bumper warranty. When I picked up the truck... of course they couldn't find anything and it was all of a sudden shifting within tolerances.

Also, on multiple occasions I've had vehicles scratched while being serviced. It's your word against theirs so nothing gets done.

Obviously dealership experiences will vary, but I certainly cringe when I have to make an appointment.
Absolutely agree with you, most are about making a quick dollar and not customer service, makes me laugh when they advertise their warranties trying to give you peace of mind to buy vehicles
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:13 AM   #7
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
It seems very common, I've recently posted this about the same exact issue:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489428
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:44 AM   #8
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Hopefully they have corrected this in production for later builds. They must not be torquing them properly.