Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-16-2017, 08:57 PM   #1
nate.the.great

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Partially Crushed Exhaust

I was putting on my lower control arm covers tonight and noticed that both sides of my exhaust pipes are partially crushed. Thankfully, I noticed this only two days after purchasing it. It almost looks like the exhaust was used to strap the car down to something. Has this happened to anyone else? I've already e-mailed the manager of the dealership, and hopefully this can get resolved quickly.
Attached Images

nate.the.great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:59 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
This is the way they are built. No damage.

There are numerous threads to check on if you're interested to read more into it.

Short is: Factory design. No power loss.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:00 PM   #3
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
That is the way it comes from the factory. Yes, I'm being serious. It has been shown to have negligible adverse effects.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:20 PM   #4
nate.the.great

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
LOL, thanks. I'll do a search first next time.

Another thread for reference for anyone who stumbles across this one:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476521

Last edited by nate.the.great; 01-17-2017 at 04:32 AM.
nate.the.great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 06:57 PM   #5
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
This is how they all come! I hated it but I went aftermarket exhaust so I don't have to worry about it.
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:48 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi nate.the.great,

We’re sorry that we weren’t able to get to you sooner. Please know that our team is always here to assist forum members with any questions or concerns they may have, so feel free to reach out to us at anytime!

Bret B.
GM Customer Care
Old 01-25-2017, 09:54 PM   #7
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Oh god that looks horrible better take it to the dealer to get it checked!
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:17 AM   #8
Whitemaro6

Drives: 16 Summit white, Ceramic white 2SS
Whitemaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:35 AM   #9
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
They all come from the factory like that, that's how GM designed it (agree it's not pretty but there's nothing wrong with it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Oh god that looks horrible better take it to the dealer to get it checked!
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:40 AM   #10
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgraph View Post
They all come from the factory like that, that's how GM designed it (agree it's not pretty but there's nothing wrong with it).
I think he was being sarcastic.
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 11:56 AM   #11
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
I think he was being sarcastic.
Except there's so many people who aren't being sarcastic and dont search through hundreds of pages of search results hoping that the thread has a descriptive enough title to cause them to click on it before giving up and posting something that everyone says they should just search for.

25 pages of results for "crushed exhaust". Sure you'll probably get lucky on the top few, but that's only because someone created a new thread asking a question that's been answered already.

This should be a sticky on the top of the general forum. Like FAQ post that lists threads that answer common questions because without a unique word or phrase, the search function can really suck at reducing duplicate threads.

Crushed exhaust is normal. Replacing it with a non-crushed section will not change your performance _AT_ALL_. Why was it crushed at the factory ? Clearance / Sound.

Then a link to the thread that the person dyno'd with and without the crushed section of pipe showing no improvement.

That would be rather useful.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 11:58 AM   #12
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Except there's so many people who aren't being sarcastic and dont search through hundreds of pages of search results hoping that the thread has a descriptive enough title to cause them to click on it before giving up and posting something that everyone says they should just search for.

25 pages of results for "crushed exhaust". Sure you'll probably get lucky on the top few, but that's only because someone created a new thread asking a question that's been answered already.

This should be a sticky on the top of the general forum. Like FAQ post that lists threads that answer common questions because without a unique word or phrase, the search function can really suck at reducing duplicate threads.

Crushed exhaust is normal. Replacing it with a non-crushed section will not change your performance _AT_ALL_. Why was it crushed at the factory ? Clearance / Sound.

Then a link to the thread that the person dyno'd with and without the crushed section of pipe showing no improvement.

That would be rather useful.
It's funny that you say that. The other day someone asked a question for the gazillionth time and I wondered "WHY DON'T WE HAVE STICKY THREADS OF FAQs?"

for example there should be a sticky under the exhaust section there should be a list of exhaust choices and sounds.
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote