Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #141
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
Sorry

I didn't mean to stir up such emotions. I was saying it was a possibility. When I saw the 'Stang that Itialian desing house Guardo did it got me thinking. The kit that I have is built by LSD and it works very well on my XLR-V. There was nothing to do except unbolt the factory hinges, install the LSD kit realign the door and tighten everything down, The hardest part was extending the wiring harness. It only took about 3-4 hours with some help. ANYWAY....I said it was a possibilty, I'm building horsepower first!
69copo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:34 PM   #142
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Even if you didn't build up the Horsepower, and just put on Lambo-type doors...that would get the most attention at any autoshow, I'd wager...

I propose a name change...we call the pseudo-lambo doors: Bumblebee doors...
Old 10-13-2007, 04:57 AM   #143
Power Junkie
GM give me my fix please!

Drives: 95 Toyota GT4
Location: England.. aka the EU's whipping boy!!! (but not for much longer, hopefully)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PDbFG6MlpjQp:

I propose a name change...we call the pseudo-lambo doors: Bumblebee doors...
I'd second that.... apologies for my ranting.... just a huge Lamborghini fan and i have been for as long as i can remember (plus a biit of a perfectionist to be fair)... and i hate the name being used for things i consider not to be the best representation of the brand!!
Power Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:52 PM   #144
Mr. Wyndham

Oh, that doesn't bother me too much: probably because I don't follow the Lambo too much, I just thought that they look like the "wings" on Bumblebee from the movie
Old 10-13-2007, 11:32 PM   #145
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Flow Masters is a must, I don't typically like any factory exhaust apart from Ferrari and Lamborghini.

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:55 PM   #146
Mr. Wyndham

On that note, I don't mind stock exausts, typically - and supposedly (or rather, hopefully) GM's tuning this cars exaust like they did for the concept(Lutz did say the prototype sounded great).

but I digress, one of the first mods on mine (after warranty)...and only done to suppliment a future blower - would be headers.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:03 AM   #147
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Don't know if you would consider this exactly a mod but.. if my dad were to buy one as soon as they came out and happened to get a yellow one.. whos gonna be the lucky dude to get a "bmbl b" plate or something along those lines. ;]

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:18 PM   #148
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
My first modification will be a baby seat... My wife and I found out about two months ago that we are going to be blessed with our first baby! We are very excited, but that means that I have to convince my wife that the Camaro is capable of being a "family" car (can fit her and the baby in it with relative ease).

This leads to my next question, who here has used a Camaro as a 2nd car for the family?
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:01 AM   #149
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Congratulations!!!

I use the 4th Gen as a second car and it isn't fun w/ the kids. I have to put my seat forward so the childseat won't hit mine. Now, when the 5th Gen comes out, it looks like is just might be a little more roomier inside.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:37 PM   #150
SulphurDave

Drives: N/A
Whatever it takes to set it off from all the other ones running around. I hate seeing another car that looks exactly like the one I have.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #151
brasscorpion

Drives: Scion TC
FIRST MOD????

Okay, of those people who are deffinately going to purchase a new Camaro.

What, if any, will be your first MOD. It can be anything...Drop suspension, Rims, Body Kit, Paint...

My first project will be an Intake swapout adding an NOS kit and ASAP a total exhaust swap to add in the old fashion style Headers and Glasspacks.

I want that Bitch to shake fillings lose when I drive by.

Then in a year or 2 custom paint job...I have a total graphics package that I am working on... GM used a Bumble Bee (X-Formers) thing...I am going to use some type of imagery from Kids Next Door (KND) with some modifications to upscale and "ADULT" it more. I really dig Numbuh 4.

If this has already been a topic...then just add my stuff to that list.

Brass
brasscorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #152
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Dont call the Camaro a Bitch!!!
No im just kiddin'. That sounds really cool. Aren't glass packs mufflers that really dont muffle at all?

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #153
Shadow-phoenix
Terrorizing the streets

Drives: 06 GTO, 92 Camaro RS, 84 Trans Am
Send a message via AIM to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via MSN to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow-phoenix
Glass packs, sweet. ^ and yes, glass packs have a resonance set up to amplify certain sound from the engine... they sound so much better than the 4 inch wide import mufflers...
Shadow-phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #154
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
First is likely to be an aftermarket shifter as close as possible to the concept's (yeah, I'm obsessed with it).

The most important will be an exhaust upgrade, likely to a complete SLP system.

Eventually I'll do some two-tone seats if those aren't stock, maybe some mood lights on the interior, possibly ground FX (although unlikely...too ricey), maybe a billet grille, and probably a CAI.