The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 01:18 PM   #85
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Please.

My car had the TC replaced and it performs perfectly. I want to understand the root cause and the solution to gain long term confidence. Simply replacing the TC with the same TC solves nothing.
I read somewhere that there was a large batch of the converters that were improperly machined which caused this issue.
Hopefully they purged these converters from the supplier and the cars that got a converter change will be good to go.

My car was shuddering horribly for like 8 months, dealer replaced the converter and its like a new car again.
SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
Old 02-19-2018, 01:37 PM   #86
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Please.

My car had the TC replaced and it performs perfectly. I want to understand the root cause and the solution to gain long term confidence. Simply replacing the TC with the same TC solves nothing.
Sounds like Ford's plan with the DCT in the Focus/Fiesta. I have had my computer reflashed over 8 times, new shift solenoid, and new clutch packs installed 3 times
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 02-19-2018, 02:08 PM   #87

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
After seeing how the Launch Control/Bog answer went....do you really expect some sort of answer or solution to this?....You might make your point, but I feel the likely answer will be...."This doesn't happen to every A8 Transmission, so take your Camaro to your dealer for warranty service or repair if you think you have a problem"....

This AsKAL format may just start to be just a list of gripes with no real answers.

What do you realistically think the response to this shudder would be?....Good luck!
Old 02-19-2018, 02:45 PM   #88
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
After seeing how the Launch Control/Bog answer went....do you really expect some sort of answer or solution to this?....You might make your point, but I feel the likely answer will be...."This doesn't happen to every A8 Transmission, so take your Camaro to your dealer for warranty service or repair if you think you have a problem"....

This AsKAL format may just start to be just a list of gripes with no real answers.

What do you realistically think the response to this shudder would be?....Good luck!
I would hope they could give a better answer bc this issue is also apparent in other A8 equipped vehicles
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 02-19-2018, 03:07 PM   #89
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I would hope they could give a better answer bc this issue is also apparent in other A8 equipped vehicles
Correct. Plus, I'd like to know the cause and how the fix corrected.

My transmission runs perfectly since the TC replacement. This board is full of technically oriented owners that would like to understand the ...why?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 02-20-2018, 11:53 PM   #90
z2f2ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Hyper Metallic Blue
i had my tranny flushed as well last weekend. i regret so much buying a chevy car. i cant believe it. thought this was the car that make me believe in american engineering but just showed the lack of care in their products. i shouldve known better. all i think of nowadays is when its gonna show up and how soon i can dump this POS car for something far more reliable.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:57 AM   #91
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
Quote:
Correct. Plus, I'd like to know the cause and how the fix corrected.

My transmission runs perfectly since the TC replacement. This board is full of technically oriented owners that would like to understand the ...why?
I agree completely ....mine is perfect since the TC replacement also, but I will still like to know why
SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
Old 02-21-2018, 02:14 PM   #92
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
For reference, here is a somewhat similar A8 question answered in the Ask Tadge section on corvetteforum.com: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1596556687

I would be hoping for a more extensive response in Ask Al style if we get a chance to ask about the A8 here, especially if the question gets a slightly less ambiguous and deflated wording.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:00 PM   #93
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
I forgot to mention that I now have the hard 1-2 shift and then once the transmission warms up, the 1-2 shift is this long drawn out event. It's like it's just stuck in first for what feels like forever then shifts to second and jerks the car. This is the worst car I've ever owned. I doubt I'll buy another camaro. I've been looking at 16-17 mustangs. I may get one and whipple it. And GM wonders why sales have tanked. Everybody has heard about these issues and are going elsewhere.
amen. my 2ss does that every time I first drive it in the morning. if youre getting an automatic youre bound to have endless problems.

so far I have:
the loud thud behind dash when turning on the air
rear dif groan
exhaust rattle and npp valve squeak
replaced exhaust to solve, rattle started in new exhaust at 25 miles
transmission slams when first driving and gearing down to first moves the whole car back and fourth like a shudder issue (I think is the TC)
wheels glossy finish is worn and ruined when I garage keep it don't drive it in the winter or rain.
it goes on lol.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:56 PM   #94
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
For reference, here is a somewhat similar A8 question answered in the Ask Tadge section on corvetteforum.com: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1596556687

I would be hoping for a more extensive response in Ask Al style if we get a chance to ask about the A8 here, especially if the question gets a slightly less ambiguous and deflated wording.
I think killervette666 wrote a much more detailed and specific question and Al O gives more detailed and specific answers. Come on...Camaro team for the win.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 02-21-2018, 08:26 PM   #95
SSinFL

Drives: 2016 SS/2SS Convertible A8 MRC NPP
Had the problem with my A8 at 13K miles. Dealer insisted in doing the flush and would not replace TC until 500 miles after flush. After the flush, I noticed the same issue and the dealer replace TC. 4K later, miles seems to be ok.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:03 AM   #96
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
New poll is up:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521560

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
Old 02-25-2018, 07:03 AM   #97
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
I forgot to mention that I now have the hard 1-2 shift and then once the transmission warms up, the 1-2 shift is this long drawn out event. It's like it's just stuck in first for what feels like forever then shifts to second and jerks the car. This is the worst car I've ever owned. I doubt I'll buy another camaro. I've been looking at 16-17 mustangs. I may get one and whipple it. And GM wonders why sales have tanked. Everybody has heard about these issues and are going elsewhere.
I suspect your 1-2 shift issue is a consequence of whatever action was taken to eliminate the trans slip in 7th & 8th. The same clutch packs are involved. Is the 7-8 harsh when cold as well?

Norm
Old 02-25-2018, 07:15 AM   #98
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
8th gear is overdrive right? I'd not think it would shutter on the 7-8. These problems are news to me. My neighbor had a truck that did this too I believe. Sorry to hear all this.

Closed Thread