Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-31-2018, 06:28 AM   #15
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs down

The only Mustang that can compete is the overpriced Shelby GT350R with those super expensive carbon wheels and cup tires, beside that they don't have anything that could give a fight to Camaros or Corvettes.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 06:39 AM   #16
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
The only Mustang that can compete is the overpriced Shelby GT350R with those super expensive carbon wheels and cup tires, beside that they don't have anything that could give a fight to Camaros or Corvettes.
They are winning in the only statistic that matters. Sales.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:25 AM   #17
mggeyer

Drives: 2017 hyper blue ss 1le
Why is it that the magazines do not do a straight up comparison between a GT350 and a SS1LE? Both are great cars! The voodoo motor is intoxicating to hear and to drive, the LT1 is just a great pushrod motor with an incredible torque curve. In everything I have read it seems these two cars would almost be identical in lap times but the test NEVER seems to happen. Although both great cars , Im not sure FORD would be too happy if a car costing 15-20 grand less would equal or get exceptionally close to the GT350. The difference bewteen these two cars on the track would be who the driver is. Both cars are fantastic but the SS1LE price advantage would difficult to argue with. Great time to be a car enthusiast with awesome cars like these available. I absolutley love my 1LE and after finally getting to the track at an event I was instructing at I am even more impressed. Has to be one of the easiest cars to drive fast I have ever been in.
mggeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:07 AM   #18
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mggeyer View Post
Why is it that the magazines do not do a straight up comparison between a GT350 and a SS1LE? Both are great cars! The voodoo motor is intoxicating to hear and to drive, the LT1 is just a great pushrod motor with an incredible torque curve. In everything I have read it seems these two cars would almost be identical in lap times but the test NEVER seems to happen. Although both great cars , Im not sure FORD would be too happy if a car costing 15-20 grand less would equal or get exceptionally close to the GT350. The difference bewteen these two cars on the track would be who the driver is. Both cars are fantastic but the SS1LE price advantage would difficult to argue with. Great time to be a car enthusiast with awesome cars like these available. I absolutley love my 1LE and after finally getting to the track at an event I was instructing at I am even more impressed. Has to be one of the easiest cars to drive fast I have ever been in.
Because of what you mentioned. Ford would be very upset and magazines don't want to alienate Ford, a major advertiser and provider of test vehicles.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:23 AM   #19
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
This article says it came with optional recaro seats, arent recaros included with the 1LE package??

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:30 AM   #20
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Muscle View Post
This article says it came with optional recaro seats, arent recaros included with the 1LE package??
I posted the same thing a few back. Yes, the 1LE comes with suede Recaros. Also, the author failed to list some key differences between what you get with the 1LE vs. PP1 package: forged wheels vs. Cast aluminum, brembos front and rear vs. Front only, eLSD vs LSD etc.

Tells me he just assumed that the recaros are an option like they are on the mustang. It's unfortunate because that adds yet another tick to the box of bang for the buck compared to the Mustang that readers may not be aware of.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:33 AM   #21
Detroit Muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
I posted the same thing a few back. Yes, the 1LE comes with suede Recaros. Also, the author failed to list some key differences between what you get with the 1LE vs. PP1 package: forged wheels vs. Cast aluminum, brembos front and rear vs. Front only, eLSD vs LSD etc.

Tells me he just assumed that the recaros are an option like they are on the mustang. It's unfortunate because that adds yet another tick to the box of bang for the buck compared to the Mustang that readers may not be aware of.
ahh okay, yeah i know for sure man!!

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Old 01-31-2018, 09:50 AM   #22
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Have any of you actually seen a 18' Mustang GT on the streets? I am still hunting one down for dinner LOL
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:06 AM   #23
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Actually at Motor Trend 2016 Best Driver Car comparo an SS 1LE stopped at 94 feet. So the same superman brakes as original. It is a great comparo of a 3 yr old GM design vs a completely refreshed and more expensive Ford design. And no doubt it will be even more $ with pack 2 and perhaps still fall short. Motor Trend did a great job here and got right to the point: GM built a car that competes with a GT4. Ford is still very far behind performance wise with their GT. And that was their point which they articulated in an excellent manner.
There are some PP2 mustangs that have been photographed and posted over at the mustang6g forum showing the window sticker hovering around $54k. Keep in mind in order to get the PP2 package, you must also get the 401A package which is the upgraded premium package with the 12" dash, heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, dual zone clinate, and luxury leather. If you don't want the premium GT, you can get a base GT with the PP2 in order to do so, you have to get the 301A package which gives you sync, an 8.5" screen, dual zone climate, drive modes, and a few other upgrades but still has cloth seats. That puts the price around $44k of I remember correctly. Either way, you have to either get the 301A or 401A package to allow you to get the PP2 package.

It works out like this in my observation:

Base GT with PP2 = 1SS 1LE but has cloth seats vs the 1LE which includes suede and leather rear seats, HUD flat bottom steering wheel (neither even mentioned in article), F and R brembos, forged wheels, eLSD, extra coolers, etc... Not sure if recaros are included in PP2.

Premium GT with PP2 = 2SS 1LE. Premium PP2 GT gives lots of leather, upgraded materials, heated and cooled everything, 12" gauge cluster, drive modes, etc but still lacks the eLSD, coolers, rear brembos, etc. Not sure if recaros are included in the PP2.

Either way 1LE wins for value, included equipment, and bang for the buck hands down.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:28 AM   #24
Detroit Muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Have any of you actually seen a 18' Mustang GT on the streets? I am still hunting one down for dinner LOL
I have seen quite a few, but then again I'm from metro Detroit so it makes sense haha

Old 01-31-2018, 10:39 AM   #25
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
I have seen 2 in magnetic, but same road so it may be the same one. Taillights look good, which is what i would be looking at if I messed with on in my stock daily.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:43 AM   #26
Detroit Muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I have seen 2 in magnetic, but same road so it may be the same one. Taillights look good, which is what i would be looking at if I messed with on in my stock daily.
yeah honestly its still a S550 so theres not a lot of differences to notice from the naked eye in passing

Old 01-31-2018, 11:26 AM   #27
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mggeyer View Post

So on this topic you are pretty on point though they (MT or the other automotive reviewers) won't outright admit it. A certain MT employee (I won't name him outright) when asked point blank for an SS 1LE vs. GT350 H2H said the major problem is the price gap. You are talking about $12-15k difference in MSRPs between the two so yes it's a big gap (and that doesn't even account for mark ups on 350s). But what he wouldn't say is what most of us are assuming is that Ford won't provide them a GT350 for a H2H against an SS 1LE because they know what the results would be... Remember at the end of the day the Manufacturer gets to dictate what the reviewers do with their loaners so if Ford doesn't want their beloved GT350 to get slayed they won't allow it to happen, that's why it really bugs me when I see the comments (some on here, but most other places including Mustang6G) like "What is wrong with Motor Trend for putting the 1LE against a PP1?!?! They know it's not a fair fight!". Of course they know it's not a fair fight but they know people want to see Mustang vs. Camaro and this was the best they could do with Ford not wanting to look bad.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:11 PM   #28
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Muscle View Post
ahh okay, yeah i know for sure man!!
Actually I posted about that recaro issue in the other similar thread not this one. Was hoping I wasn't the only one who caught that.lol