Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-23-2008, 11:24 PM   #43
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen View Post
At 300hp, I feel this will be the most respected V6 Camaro out all the generations.
I agree. It doesn't feel like settling to get a car with that much power. It'll be every bit as rewarding as the V8 to those who are getting their first muscle car or wanted the concept. It's going to be amazingly powerful and, apparently, loud. If I can't get my RS SS, I will have no problem getting a tricked out RS V6.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:23 AM   #44
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Well, I was planning on getting the V6 since, well, forever. I knew from the beginning there was no way I'd be able to afford the payments on the v8 - much less the insurance. With that said, the more I find out about the v6, the more I like. But, I do like the v8 fog light/lower grill arrangement more than that of the v6 - especially if it comes with the now departed hood scoop. Maybe I could arrange a swap with somebody who buys a silver v8. I'm still getting the v6 either way.
- Xanthos
We may be able to arrange a swap Keep my name in mind..
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:23 AM   #45
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
I find myself to be a fan of CR based power (nothing better than a 327 with a 350 cam!), not displacement based power. I think I will love driving my V6 - especially once I finish customizing it to make it mine. Might go twin turbo - might not. Haven't decided yet. Either way, it promises to be one hell of a ride.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:40 AM   #46
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'm not sure what you mean....
They don't reccomend premium for this engine. It's designed to run purely off of regular unleaded, and deliver all 300 ponies.
But I'm sure with some aftermarket tuning, it can deliver more than 300 ponies with premium
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:41 AM   #47
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
I find myself to be a fan of CR based power (nothing better than a 327 with a 350 cam!), not displacement based power. I think I will love driving my V6 - especially once I finish customizing it to make it mine. Might go twin turbo - might not. Haven't decided yet. Either way, it promises to be one hell of a ride.
- Xanthos
You can bet on that.
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:19 PM   #48
RSCamaro

Drives: 02 Tahoe/ Shadow Spirit
I was dead set on a V8 and having a hard time talking the wife into it, she wants me to get something with better fuel, ya whatever, then the V6 with its 300 ponies and 27 miles to the gallon!! Whoo hoo looks like I have some pull now!. Although it still seams weired to get a V6 Camaro, my last one was a 68 RS with a 350
RSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:46 PM   #49
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Times have changed, considerably.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #50
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
I'd been planning on gettting the V6 for a while anyway, but it's nice that it's getting 300 hp. I don't plan on racing it or dragging it, so 300 hp will be plenty fine for going on nice drives.

The only drawback is that you have to explain to people that it still puts out more or comparable power to most of the V8s you'll see out on the road these days. When you mention to the average joe that doesn't know much about the new Camaro that you're planning to get the V6, their first reaction is, "Aw dude, lame." So you have to spend another few minutes sorting that out.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:46 PM   #51
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
The design of this V6 was WAY more than I expected. I will be getting an SS but for those getting the V6 it'll be an awesome car.

If this were going to be a daily driver for me I'd have to consider a V6 myself, but my Camaro will be a weekend toy only so the gas mileage isn't that big of a deal. I have a 4banger Accord I commute in (33+ mpg).

Also, I've never owned a nice rumbly V8 muscle car so I'm gonna go all out on this one.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:54 AM   #52
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysonAych View Post
I'd been planning on gettting the V6 for a while anyway, but it's nice that it's getting 300 hp. I don't plan on racing it or dragging it, so 300 hp will be plenty fine for going on nice drives.

The only drawback is that you have to explain to people that it still puts out more or comparable power to most of the V8s you'll see out on the road these days. When you mention to the average joe that doesn't know much about the new Camaro that you're planning to get the V6, their first reaction is, "Aw dude, lame." So you have to spend another few minutes sorting that out.
The V6, even though it has 300HP, it doesn't have as much torque as many of those V8's with less HP.. However it is a bummer that most people consider V6 to be a let-down and not muscle.. That is why I am torn now because I like the front bumper of the V6 better than the V8.. However I do want over 400Hp as well.. Good Looks, or faster speed.. I'll have to settle with speed and hopefully fins someone willing to trade the front bumper with me..lol..
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #53
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
The V6, even though it has 300HP, it doesn't have as much torque as many of those V8's with less HP.. However it is a bummer that most people consider V6 to be a let-down and not muscle.. That is why I am torn now because I like the front bumper of the V6 better than the V8.. However I do want over 400Hp as well.. Good Looks, or faster speed.. I'll have to settle with speed and hopefully fins someone willing to trade the front bumper with me..lol..
Would you or somebody please post pics or tell just what the difference is the the bumpers. I have looked and can't seem to find a difference.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 05:45 PM   #54
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
Would you or somebody please post pics or tell just what the difference is the the bumpers. I have looked and can't seem to find a difference.

I have been away for awhile and haven't kept up on the numerous threads since they have released the official specs. What in the world is the difference???
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 05:47 PM   #55
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
I know mine sure has, even up to a few months ago I would of never even considered a V6 Camaro. But realistically, I would be better off with the V6. It would be closer to what I can afford and I will probably get less speeding tickets. But who knows, it might come time to order the new car and I will just have to have that LS3.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:52 PM   #56
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post

I have been away for awhile and haven't kept up on the numerous threads since they have released the official specs. What in the world is the difference???
V6

V8

Big difference is the fake vent above the grill and a larger front spoiler.