#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-20-2017, 08:40 AM   #85
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
Tune and a tire nothing - this stock time is faster than all but one person has been able to get in their stock ZL1. A stock mustang GT....faster than a stock ZL1. Let that roll around your tongue for a while.
Wow! I missed that. Good for the Ford fans. Got to love these power wars we are in. Wonder where it ends. Just read about a Tesla that does 1.6 zero to 60 with a 250mph top end.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:29 AM   #86
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Tune and a tire nothing - this stock time is faster than all but one person has been able to get in their stock ZL1. A stock mustang GT....faster than a stock ZL1. Let that roll around your tongue for a while.
Go back to the fast list and re-read it. Because you obviously can't read and/or interpret numbers. I'll help you, the list you're looking for is #7.

Just curious, are you also going to brag that it matched the time of the 663 hp 13-14 GT500? Are you going to brag that it ran faster than the GT350R which is much more expensive than even the ZL1? Do you also think it can beat Hellcats and GTRs and Z06s and Vipers? Because that is the competition for the ZL1. And if you're that impressed with it and if you really think it can beat a ZL1 stock for stock, then go get one and come out here and put some money up. I'll return my car to stock (except for the catback) and we can put this whole thing to rest.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:35 AM   #87
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Wow! I missed that. Good for the Ford fans. Got to love these power wars we are in. Wonder where it ends. Just read about a Tesla that does 1.6 zero to 60 with a 250mph top end.
LOL, I hope you're not seriously believing this. Same conditions, same track, same day, equal level drivers, and the ZL1 will absolutely smoke the GT and anything Ford has that costs less than $400,000. In fact if anyone is soo sure about the GT then I'll put my ZL1 up against them (or a GT500, GT350) in the dead of Summer and they can do a max effort run against my no effort run, lol!! Talking on the internet about what some dude did and actually trying to beat a ZL1 are to completely different things.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #88
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Go back to the fast list and re-read it. Because you obviously can't read and/or interpret numbers. I'll help you, the list you're looking for is #7.

Just curious, are you also going to brag that it matched the time of the 663 hp 13-14 GT500? Are you going to brag that it ran faster than the GT350R which is much more expensive than even the ZL1? Do you also think it can beat Hellcats and GTRs and Z06s and Vipers? Because that is the competition for the ZL1. And if you're that impressed with it and if you really think it can beat a ZL1 stock for stock, then go get one and come out here and put some money up. I'll return my car to stock (except for the catback) and we can put this whole thing to rest.
You know, for someone who seems to have a confrontation and get offended by someone in every thread on here, you sure are quick with the insults. Seems like in every thread you participate in, at some point you're telling people how respectfully they should speak to you. Maybe this is a good opportunity to take a look in the mirror?

Anyway, just to reset your understanding of the conversation - we're talking the M6 with the launch issues as well as the 11.6 being the quickest time ONE person has got. Others being 12.0+ in an advertised 11.8 stock M6 ZL1 capability. So please take your own advise, read up on the fast list yourself, re-read the most recent posts here, and then come back.

And as for bragging I'm not sure I follow. I never said the 2018 GT could beat anything other than an M6 ZL1 (which I'm not bragging about, I am lamenting) - which I think has been fairly well substantiated at this point if that article is being honest with their process - which seems pretty well documented. Hellcats and GTRs and Z06s and Vipers? Did someone say that...sounds like you came in troll mode today.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:55 PM   #89
Infern0
Bring It

Quote:
LOL, I hope you're not seriously believing this. Same conditions, same track, same day, equal level drivers, and the ZL1 will absolutely smoke the GT and anything Ford has that costs less than $400,000. In fact if anyone is soo sure about the GT then I'll put my ZL1 up against them (or a GT500, GT350) in the dead of Summer and they can do a max effort run against my no effort run, lol!! Talking on the internet about what some dude did and actually trying to beat a ZL1 are to completely different things.
Again hero, the context was the M6 ZL1. Goodness gracious.

The article is pretty well documented in my opinion and is consistent with what other shops have been capable of as well. If you can't believe this, then what can you believe?

Old 12-20-2017, 04:21 PM   #90
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
You know, for someone who seems to have a confrontation and get offended by someone in every thread on here, you sure are quick with the insults. Seems like in every thread you participate in, at some point you're telling people how respectfully they should speak to you. Maybe this is a good opportunity to take a look in the mirror?

Anyway, just to reset your understanding of the conversation - we're talking the M6 with the launch issues as well as the 11.6 being the quickest time ONE person has got. Others being 12.0+ in an advertised 11.8 stock M6 ZL1 capability. So please take your own advise, read up on the fast list yourself, re-read the most recent posts here, and then come back.

And as for bragging I'm not sure I follow. I never said the 2018 GT could beat anything other than an M6 ZL1 (which I'm not bragging about, I am lamenting) - which I think has been fairly well substantiated at this point if that article is being honest with their process - which seems pretty well documented. Hellcats and GTRs and Z06s and Vipers? Did someone say that...sounds like you came in troll mode today.
Actually, you did not say the M6 ZL1 with bogging issues in the comment I responded to. You said stock GT to stock ZL1. So if you're comparing the best A10 GT run to ONLY the M6 ZL1 runs where they had the bogging issue and only from the list on C5, then that is one cherry-picked comparison. And don't get pissy when someone corrects it. The GT is NOT faster than the ZL1 PERIOD, lol!! A GT, ONE GT, with the A10 and every option for drag racing under the best of conditions has run a better time than some of the M6 ZL1s on our list when they suffered from a bogging issue.
Quote:
Again hero, the context was the M6 ZL1. Goodness gracious.

The article is pretty well documented in my opinion and is consistent with what other shops have been capable of as well. If you can't believe this, then what can you believe?
M6 WITH bogging issues. So you're getting mad at me because you misled someone (and possibly other onlookers) to believe that a stock GT is running better than stock ZL1s?? If anything I cleared up the mess so that us ZL1 owners won't have to listen to GT people talking about how the GT is faster stock for stock than a ZL1. And to be honest, even with the bogging issues I would put my money on the M6 ZL1 if it is on the same day and same track. I'd bet the ZL1 comes off with a clear win.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:41 PM   #91
Infern0
Bring It

The '18 GT conversation started on page 3 - where I clearly stated my position and my own personal gripe (or concern so to speak) with my own ZL1 was because it is an M6.

I don't know what "every option for drag racing" means given the Mustang was stock off the show room floor (no track pack options available I don't think)- again, only if you believe the article. It also wasn't a single M6 ZL1 that had the bogging issue - this issue plagues all M6's, so the quarter mile times (again, the single sub-12, and all other 12+ times) are all a result of the issue (so not a cherry-picked scenario). In other words it takes an M6 ZL1 virtually a hero run to obtain a 12.0 against a Mustang GT that has now repeatedly achieved 11s (not just one hero run). If you don't want to accept that as respectable - I'm not here to convince you. Live in whatever world you want to. You are the fastest. Vipers too, as you say, right? We're just here discussing the present situation and you jumped in.

I'm not mad at all, nor do I think most people are when they interact with you directly - I think it might just seem that way when so many clarifications and corrections have to be included in responses to bring you back to the same page.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:02 PM   #92
Steve @ WEAPON_X

Drives: Compound Boost 17' ZL1 (shop car)
OP, Welcome to the forum.

I would say you're thinking pretty hard about the ZL1 if you've already made a Camaro6 account!

You won't be disappointed if you make the decision on buying the ZL1. Judging from your post, I doubt you would be interested in owning a 10 speed automatic ZL1, but I HIGHLY recommend at least going and driving one with the A10. It is an experience, they shift so fast, and you sound like the kind of guy who can appreciate the Ford/GM collaboration on building it.

P.S. Nice Mystic Terminator.
Steve @ WEAPON_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:12 PM   #93
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:

I read it too quickly. I was thinking he meant SS not ZL1.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #94
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
The '18 GT conversation started on page 3 - where I clearly stated my position and my own personal gripe (or concern so to speak) with my own ZL1 was because it is an M6.

I don't know what "every option for drag racing" means given the Mustang was stock off the show room floor (no track pack options available I don't think)- again, only if you believe the article. It also wasn't a single M6 ZL1 that had the bogging issue - this issue plagues all M6's, so the quarter mile times (again, the single sub-12, and all other 12+ times) are all a result of the issue (so not a cherry-picked scenario). In other words it takes an M6 ZL1 virtually a hero run to obtain a 12.0 against a Mustang GT that has now repeatedly achieved 11s (not just one hero run). If you don't want to accept that as respectable - I'm not here to convince you. Live in whatever world you want to. You are the fastest. Vipers too, as you say, right? We're just here discussing the present situation and you jumped in.

I'm not mad at all, nor do I think most people are when they interact with you directly - I think it might just seem that way when so many clarifications and corrections have to be included in responses to bring you back to the same page.
I agree that it does seem like a good amount of the M6 ZL1s are plagued with this issue. But there also are a lot of people who have not had this issue at all. As far as the options, some of them have some sort of drag mode option or something like that. Apparently it helps. Not all of them have it tho. And if the majority of them are having bogging issues, then if one runs good, that can't be considered a "hero run". It isn't a hero run, it's just that they are having issues...to what extent we don't know at the present time. The 11.8 GT was indeed a hero run...since I have not seen any other GT bone stock break 11s. From what I've seen it was that one guy that one time.

I would put money that you in your ZL1 against an 18 GT in any configuration would come out ahead even with the bogging issue if the run is on the same day and same track and provided it isn't against a pro driver. Even with a pro-driver and even if you bogged I would still say the ZL1 is faster. Especially since there are a good amount of them that can only muster a low 12 even with DRs. Think what you want about which one is faster. But the 18 GT is not faster than the ZL1 at all. Your comparison is like saying a can beat a Z06 if the Z06 driver misses a shift. And you can't just make a statement based off the possibility that the ZL1 might bog. Off the rip, car to car, the ZL1 is the faster car.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:45 PM   #95
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:

Haha. Love it.

I have already talked to my tuner...........who I take his word for since he builds 1000 hp Vette's and Camaro's for a living. He said, no way in fkn hell will a tune and tire beat a Zl1. But, we can at least let the mustang boys think that. Wait till they roll up on one. Man, I can't wait for the day one rolls up on me. It's gonna be a bad day. But, he'll prob go home, get online, tell his other circle jerk mustang friends he hung with a Zl1. haha. And they'll believe it too.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:51 PM   #96
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:

Actually, no, he didn't make it up. Just one trip over to the "other forum" and reading the...........at least 100 comments on YouTube, prob more stating..........Zl1, Z06, and GTR owners better watch their ass. A tune and tire only and it's a race.

So, all we've done is taken those words and elevated them to the point to where it causes nausea. They seem to think a e85tune/tire '18 GT is going to hang with the big dogs on the block and it's just the same shit that comes out from the Mustang camp. They said it with the last gen. And look what happened. They got their brakes beat in.

Now, I'll give the new Mustang some credit. It is the best GT ever produced. But, again. Stating a tune and tire only and us Zl1 owners better be on watch is just plain silly.

I concur with Blaqwhole. I'll put my title up against a tune/tire car. A10 vs A10. But, as we'll see over time, head to head, the Zl1 will beat the GT's brakes off. The fact that we are even mentioning the GT in the same breath is nuts. They aren't even in the same class of car. The Zl1 is still leaps and bounds better. And now that the maxed out GT is now above $50k, it just lost all value, when you can drop $10k more and scoop up a Zl1.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:21 AM   #97
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs down

This review from the Ford fan was very poor and weak, is not worthwhile is just a loss of time.: fighting0056:
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 03:49 AM   #98
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
^ Oh, well I agree. The '18 interior is straight money on the new GT. I wasn't comparing the '18. But, i guess in all fairness, if he's looking at both being new, yea, the interior quality is close. And it's not about being plastic or not. It's the feel and qualify of that feel. We all know they all use plastic. All I know is my buddy's Stang is a POS if I've ever seen one. He's jealous of my Zl1. Said, shit. I should of bought one of those. I said, you should of. Now you have to live with that shit box for the next year or so.

I'm just waiting on the Mustang fanboys to clog this thread stating.................well, the '18 GT just needs a tune and tire and we'll smoke a Zl1.

But, if you can honestly test drive a Zl1, then come out and say............It wasn't inspiring, that just has troll written all over it. I got rid of my Z06 to get the A10 Zl1. So, not sure that's...........not inspiring. OP must be used to owning 1000 hp Supra's or something.

WTH. You need to do a Vin diagram of your family. I think you have optism!!

Tune & Tire will not make a 2018 Mustang GT run low
11’s. Tune & a Tire change on a 2018 Mustang will smoke a new ZL1??? 🤷🏼*♂️