Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-07-2017, 10:42 AM   #113
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
You are not alone. My wife hates my car with a passion. "It rides too rough, way to low to the ground, not enough room, doesn't drive in the winter, it's a manual, what's this third pedal for, expensive, stupid, can't fit a carseat, uncomfortable seats, cupholders behind the gearshift, too fast, turns too hard, isn't a truck"...... I don't even let her get into the car anymore, she'll drive herself.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:55 AM   #114
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Did you drop her off at the same light you picked her up at?
Okay this made me LOL pretty good! Ron wins the internet today
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:43 AM   #115
cblades

Drives: 2010 SS
My wife simply says it gives her anxiety to ride in the car. Sometimes I get so darn mad I wanna sell it and buy a duramax. Had the camaro for 3 months and it never goes anywhere except around the edge of town just to run it.. Then back to the garage.... I drive my silverado all week as its parked behind the camaro in the garage.
cblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:50 PM   #116
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
The way I see it, IF I'm the one who will be driving the car "most" of the time, I should get the type of car that I like. Whether that's an automatic or manual "should" be up to me. I don't mind if my wife wants to drive it, but since it's kind of "my" car, she should then learn how to drive a stick. I'd be pissed if my wife "made" me get an automatic because she "may" drive it 5% of the time. That type of relationship is unhealthy and results in bitterness down the road. Would any male here demand that their wife get a MANUAL because you MAY drive it occasionally and prefer a stick? Yeah, right. She'd laugh in your face and tell you that you are crazy. So why should a husband do the same thing when his wife asks? That's what leads many to say she must have a firm ass and want sex twice everyday and three times on Sunday. I'd have to be so blown away by her in other areas before I become a "yes dear" man. lol.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:14 PM   #117
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Okay this made me LOL pretty good! Ron wins the internet today
Ron’s just batshit crazy.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:38 PM   #118
smace

Drives: 1979 Camaro z28
It is nice to know I am not a lone. We have a 5th gen, two 2nd gens and a 3rd gen convertible I just picked. Maybe the 3rd gen will do the trick but I highly doubt it.

When we first meet them they loved anything we had and would go do anything. w.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:13 PM   #119
IMPERIALBLUE2SS

Drives: 2010 imperial blue LS3 M6 2SSRS
My wife actually bought my Camaro for me, funny how she didn't make one payment! She drove it a couple of times when it was stock but once the mod bug hit, tick polluter cam,headers, flowmaster exhaust system, eibach suspension, tune. Too many other things can't remember them all. She politely walks right past it and jumps in her G37 coupe which I bought for her and yes I'm making all the payments on that one too! She says it's a little too radical for her now which I'm fine with. But she doesn't bother me about it. I've had Hotrods and street machines our whole marriage, so it's my hobby. I don't bother her about how many pairs of shoes she buys, which is A LOT!
If she wanted drive it I could care less. It's just a car....just no parking under trees or at Wally World!
IMPERIALBLUE2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:46 PM   #120
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Ron’s just batshit crazy.

Wait .........what?
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:36 PM   #121
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Wait .........what?
We have a club.....
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:27 AM   #122
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
My wife doesn’t hate my 14 2SS, but she is timid about driving it. She’d prefer to driver her 13 Flex or if need be, my 14 Sierra crew 4x4 before using the Camaro. Since we take our dogs everywhere; store, dinner, etc., and I don’t let dogs in the Camaro, we take her Flex or the truck when we go places together. My Camaro is mostly used for my commute to work 25 miles each way.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:04 AM   #123
JamesMyBoy

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
A few days after I got the Camaro, my wife took it out for a short spin by herself. Not sure what happened, but since then she absolutely refuses to get behind the wheel! I'm guessing that she got on it a little, and it scared the $**t out of her. That was almost 4 years ago, so I've pretty much had it to myself :-) I'm not complaining BTW.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:37 AM   #124
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMyBoy View Post
A few days after I got the Camaro, my wife took it out for a short spin by herself. Not sure what happened, but since then she absolutely refuses to get behind the wheel! I'm guessing that she got on it a little, and it scared the $**t out of her. That was almost 4 years ago, so I've pretty much had it to myself :-) I'm not complaining BTW.
Had to laugh when I saw this post. Right after buying my new Corvette back in 2006 my wife, who has owned and driven modified Gen 3 & Gen 4 Camaros and at the time had a 2005 Monte Carlo SS as her DD, decided to take the Corvette to work to show it off. She worked 30 minutes away and about 45 minutes or so after she left, I get a call and she very calmly asks me to please drive her car over and take the Corvette home. When I got there, the Corvette was fine, so I went in and asked her what had happened; she told me nothing, she just didn't want it sitting in the parking lot all day ... I didn't buy it, but smiled and went home. Later that night when she got home, she admitted what had happened. She was at a stop light on the way to work, when the light changed, she gave it the gas the way she normally did in her SS (she has a heavy foot); she said the car got away from her and she did almost a 360 in the intersection before regaining control ... she has never asked to drive it again