The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #15
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
ohh i see------

bwhahahahaha this isnt a web site for camaro info--its aweb site fir respect of the english language---i see --bwhahahahahaha an to think i fought for and lost my leg for foools such as these
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #16
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
History check ...the great depression was not limited to the USA. It impacted the intire developed world and The USSR. It was the largest contributing reason for Germany and Italy to elect dictators and for the military to take over in Japan. There were unstable governments in Canada, England and France due to the financial crisis that started on WALL ST.:(
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:53 PM   #17
XAnimal
Just in time

Drives: MRAP, M-1151 (Humvee)
Send a message via AIM to XAnimal
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherneck View Post
true after the post i made which was legit this web site you found-- not a national news web site or anything --they say their insiders heard--in washington thats worth nothing-- butttttt say its true--the last line of your great url said the loans if not approved today will be secured and given no latter than tuesday---- so the difference from what i said --if true is 24 hours duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
http://business.theage.com.au/busine...1230-76yg.html

I'M HOME from Iraq, can't wait for my Black on Black 2LT RS 2010 Camaro
XAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:02 PM   #18
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
an i might add ..

an i said this in a ealier post obviously that you didnt read ---i said that i agree that my typing abilities are those of a monkey-- and my gramatic an puncuational shils a diaster --that you could read the post quite easily and that it was very understandable -- but i gfues some of you guys who profees to be so good at the typing and respecting the english language are not intelligent enough to understand a 2 paragraph post-- which is a lie cuz you obviously did understand it and disagree which is your progative--but people like you who just want to make snides remarks cut people down etc etc--insteading of sticking to the subject of the forum is whats wrong with our country today--smart alecs--im smarter than you mentallity--every thing you sayt is wrong an im always right -- you cant type you dont know the english language all this smartalec crap i was reading and speaking english boy while you ewere just a brown stain running down your mommas thigh=-- am i dont give a crap if the mods in here bar me from thisa site -- it makes no difference to me-- but if they read the posts an i mean all those posts they will see im here for info on my camaro--and to talk weith others that have a dream of owning this camaro a partnership of bothers like my belved marine corps but its obvious the smart alec side of our nation has found its way inhere too so do what you gotta do mods
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #19
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
Quote:
an i said this in a ealier post obviously that you didnt read ---i said that i agree that my typing abilities are those of a monkey-- and my gramatic an puncuational shils a diaster --that you could read the post quite easily and that it was very understandable -- but i gfues some of you guys who profees to be so good at the typing and respecting the english language are not intelligent enough to understand a 2 paragraph post-- which is a lie cuz you obviously did understand it and disagree which is your progative--but people like you who just want to make snides remarks cut people down etc etc--insteading of sticking to the subject of the forum is whats wrong with our country today--smart alecs--im smarter than you mentallity--every thing you sayt is wrong an im always right -- you cant type you dont know the english language all this smartalec crap i was reading and speaking english boy while you ewere just a brown stain running down your mommas thigh=-- am i dont give a crap if the mods in here bar me from thisa site -- it makes no difference to me-- but if they read the posts an i mean all those posts they will see im here for info on my camaro--and to talk weith others that have a dream of owning this camaro a partnership of bothers like my belved marine corps but its obvious the smart alec side of our nation has found its way inhere too so do what you gotta do mods
This is going to come off far worse then I intend it to.

First, it took me a few minutes to piece together your post. Its not that Ido or do not disagree with you. Its that I am not 100% sure what you said.

Also, it makes your arguments sound weaker. If you can not clearly articulate what you want to say how clearly do you think?

I think that bad typing skills is a weak excuse for bad posts. If you suck at typing it should just take you longer.

Sorry if I come accross as mean its just what I think.
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:05 PM   #20
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
I think GM is going to go chapter 11 sometime this year. Common stock holders, taxpayers and employee's are going to get hosed, and management will all get new private jets. GM will continue to build cars and God willing, I will be driving a new Camaro.

No offense, but Leatherneck its like you aren't even trying and it does make your post difficult to read. Can we get a spellcheck for this site?
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:34 PM   #21
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbotsfordtat View Post
I think GM is going to go chapter 11 sometime this year. Common stock holders, taxpayers and employee's are going to get hosed, and management will all get new private jets. GM will continue to build cars and God willing, I will be driving a new Camaro.

No offense, but Leatherneck its like you aren't even trying and it does make your post difficult to read. Can we get a spellcheck for this site?
We have one, right click anything that has a red underline under it when you post.

Spelling, grammar, and just plain sentence structure make you at very least seem educated. Any one can come on here (public forum) so saying "here I am, legitimate source of camaro information" and yet posting like a 5 year old (using the whole I told you so argument) does nothing for ones credibility.

If you indeed fight for our country I applaud you, my brother is doing the same thing and I support all of you(literally through taxes and spiritually). BUT you have done nothing for me to prove that your nothing more than a 15 year old high school kid who likes to post an opinion.

BACK ON TOPIC---

The loan is just that.. and once (IF) GM goes bankrupt.. we will just be eating that money anyway. I hope (and think) that it wont happen, but even 14ish billion dollars isn't going to solve GM's problems.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:34 PM   #22
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
as i said on other posts last night that neither the us government or the federal reserve will ever -- noooooooooo wayyyyyyy no howwwwwwwwww let the american auto industry go under--neverrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

just a few minutes ago gm got 4 billion dollars in loans---on january 17th will get 5.3 billion more dollars to continue.

i had said last night this would happen you cant let in this time of a deep recession in the us that is gonna take time to out of-to colapse into a wholesale deep depression thats makes 1929 look like childs play- a million more people lose their jobs an it takes decades to recover from--plus the domino affect throughout the world as this world is tied together financially

that deadline of friday midnight no longer is in play as i said the federal reserve would lower the conditions if gm couldnt meet them and they did
the feds know over the next 2-4 years it will take a hundred billion to actually stabilize the car industry and such conditions as restructuring -- uaw negiciations on wage give ups--retire ment and laid off policys still have to be restructured

the point being all the neysayers ready to jump ship --saying things like gm will still go banctrupt etc etc-- were wrong even to the snide remarks i goit last night --like when i said this industry would neverrrrrrrrrrrr be allowed to go under by the us government or federal reserve==comments from pessimists --like i should never -say never --pffffttttttt

now of course this doesnt relieve the supplier question.. and the same pessimists are jumping out of 10 story windows --the sky is falling --armagedon etc etc---- i believe we could have a delay -- hopefully only a week or two-- but maybe a month or two----OR JUST MAYBE NO DELAY AT ALL AS YOU KNOW GM AND ANY JUDGE IN BANCRUPTCY COURT ARE GONNA DO EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO GET THE ECONOMY MOVING IN THE CAR INDUSTRY AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE--I MEAN COME ON OUE GOVERNMENT AND OUR FEDERAL RESERVE HAVE DONE AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO EVERYTHING TO STABILIZE THE AMERICAN CAR INDUSTRY---AND YOU THINK SOME JUDGE SITTING ON A SUPPLIER BANCRUPTCY CASE WILL SAY SCREW YOU TO THE GOVERNMENT AND LET GM GO UNDER BECAUSE OF NO PARTS?? OR DELAY PRODUCTION OF THE CAMARO FOR MONTHS?? THAT ALSO IS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN--THE MARO IS GONNA BE BUILT AND THEY WILL GET THE PARTS NEEDED NO MATTER WHATTTTTTTTT
Thanks for the post Leatherneck.....Guys be cool, if he could do
better at his post, dont you think he would?
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:35 PM   #23
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Please please please please please use proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar. It's not because we're being difficult or nitpicky, it just makes posts much easier to read. I guarantee you that if you take the time to type out posts legibly, spelled correctly, and punctuated correctly, people will be more than happy to focus on the topic at hand. I could barely make out what you were trying to say in the first post amidst the run-on sentences and randomly capitalized words. Not only does it give me a headache to read, it diminishes your point.

Just try your best to type legibly. It'll make the site a much better place.

Now on this topic, I stand by what I've always said. Unless GM changes some things within the company, they'll be in the same exact situation a few years down the line.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:29 PM   #24
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Ok Leatherneck.

I am also a Vet, and no I don't compare my service to yours, but I'd like to think we are on the same page.

So, to set the record straight, I have no intention of banning you from this site. I was trying to have fun with you and I wasn't being sarcastic in anyway. I was laughing because I though it was funny that you just kept egging the conversation on and kept cracking jokes.

My offer to help you was genuine. I meant no insult, it was just simply an offer to help if you want it.

And no this isn't an English or grammar web site. So feel free to post in whatever way seems best to you. Just be understanding if it's hard for people to read your posts.

So, hopefully I've cleared up my posts to you and you can see me as a camaro brother. Hopefully you will continue to be a part of this site. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing you around. And if you should happen to break any rules, we give plenty of warnings around here. We aren't looking to ban members.

Nice to have met you.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:44 PM   #25
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Ok Leatherneck.

And if you should happen to break any rules, we give plenty of warnings around here. We aren't looking to ban members.

Nice to have met you.
I agree, let's give the gentleman a pass. My father served in combat in Vietnam and I have the UTMOST respect for ALL that have served.

As to the quote above, was that a Freudian slip?

z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:54 PM   #26
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
Leather Neck,
We are here to help brother. Let anyone on of us know if you are in need of help. No member here wants to bash on you. they were simply making jokes. Relax brother. As mentioned by the mods feel free to Pm me as well on any questions you may have.

Semper fi brother

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:09 PM   #27
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaro2471 View Post
I agree, let's give the gentleman a pass. My father served in combat in Vietnam and I have the UTMOST respect for ALL that have served.

As to the quote above, was that a Freudian slip?

Uhhhh I don't know what you are talking about.

This is not the Freudian slip you are looking for...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:18 PM   #28
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Leatherneck, ithinkthatyoushouldbeabletoposthoweverinthehellyou want franklyithinkitismoreofachallengetotypelikethisand readthis perhapsifeveryonediditthiswaypeoplewouldtakemoreti mereadingpostsandputtingmorethoughtintotheirposts sofrommeyouposthoweveryouwant yourservicehasearnedyouthat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote