Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 08-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Fuel Trims while at the drag strip doing a data log

This thread is in response to another thread, in which we spoke about posting our fuel trims and the use of a breather. I did not want to thread jack the other one so I created a new thread. I am posting a few different screen dumps. Each screen dump shows what is shown at the top left corner. The data logs were created while I was at the drag strip back in April. The pass is in the 650 to 775 time frame section.

The other thread was:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309513 (my post talking about posting the trims was # 172

The weather conditions this day are as follows.
Attached Images

Last edited by rtcat600man; 08-29-2013 at 08:58 PM. Reason: added the comment about the use of a breather.
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Nice! I like data.

Do you run a breather?
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Yes I currently have a breather, has been there for over 2 years. But with all the talk about it working right or not. I am going to do some more data logging with it removed and the plugs removed and the stock set-up back in place, just so that I can compare the difference.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
So whats the point of posting fuel trims during a drag pass? Fuel trims are turned off any time the computer is in open loop. (WOT) Of course its going to flatten out because they are no longer active. Am I missing something?
Old 08-29-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
So whats the point of posting fuel trims during a drag pass? Fuel trims are turned off any time the computer is in open loop. (WOT) Of course its going to flatten out because they are no longer active. Am I missing something?

You missed the point, re-read it where I mention this is because of the info from another post and we were discussing the use of a breather and fuel trims. Also, I mention that the drag pass was in the time frame of 650 - 775. The whole time frame runs from 0 - 2200+

Thanks for the info thou.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #6
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Oh, ok, my bad. I though you were bragging that your trims were 0% during the pass. Im sorry!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #7
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Oh, ok, my bad. I though you were bragging that your trims were 0% during the pass. Im sorry!

NP...........Thanks for understanding and taking the time to say so........
Old 08-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #8
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
NP...........Thanks for understanding and taking the time to say so........
Rtcan600man once again, you are the man! Thanks for posting! It definitely makes me feel more comfortable about the Vararam breather . . . I'm not using my Rx breather because I am afraid of blowing out a seal since it can't release pressure . . . I have it sitting in my garage atm.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:12 AM   #9
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Well that's something I didn't know when posting in the other thread.

I'm still working on the screen shots. I'll post them up later, on my lunch break.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:17 AM   #10
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
Quote:
That's not entirely true...positive trims before entry to PE carry into PE and thus screw up the PE fueling if they were adding due to a vacuum leak.

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #11
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
So here are my fuel trims plots. These data are from a data-log session I did back in April, about one month and 1000mi after I installed the tune. Most of it is from cruising at various speeds. The 0 - 85mph (oops! ) blast at WOT starts at around frame 1200 (crosshairs) and ends at about 1300. The first plot is RPM vs speed to give you an idea of the driving conditions. I did all the fuel trim plots versus throttle position. To me, the LTFT behavior looks different than that on rtcat600man's car. I would have thought that they would be less variable. I am running a Vararam intake with the RX breather with the questionable check-valve in place. I plan to remove the check valve soon, or attempt to restore the OEM clean-side PCV line by modifying the Vararam. If I can make the mod work, then I'll do some new data-logs to see if anything changes. If I can't - or if I ruin the Vararam - I'll likely swap to a Roto-Fab CAI, so I can put the system back the way it should be run.

As of now, the car seems to be running OK, the only issue is that sometimes the breather gets some oil leaking from it. I suppose I wonder what effect the LTFTs are having w/r performance and fuel efficiency.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #12
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
da** wish I knew ho to read these things:
I going to use a innova and get some pics of it

so far I'm running 5% on bank one and 3% on bank two LTFT
Short term runs 0% untill you step in it.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #13
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
this is some pics from my innova
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.

Last edited by spyderbuddy; 09-01-2013 at 07:31 AM.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #14
TriGun

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS Ice Silver
Fuel trims info means nothing when the car enters Power Enrichment mode. Only a wide band O2 sensor data at PE is dependable. Maybe the mV readings of the narrow band sensor could give an indication but again is not dependable.
TriGun is offline   Reply With Quote