The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-20-2017, 08:45 PM   #1
Chopin_Guy

Drives: 370Z 6MT
Considering Switching from 370Z - Thoughts?

So as the title states I'm currently in a 2015 370Z with a 6MT. It's my DD, and sees about 18k miles a year in Houston traffic. It's a fun car, and has been completely reliable in the little over 2 years and 37k miles I've driven it. Has some mods: wheels/tires, CAI, sway bars, and oil cooler.

However the 6MT is starting to get a little old in the majorly stop and go Houston traffic which isn't always just at rush hour. Such is why I'm considering making the step to a Camaro -- mostly likely would be looking at a 2SS.

Wasn't sure if I might be able to take away any input from others who have owned or know both cars. It would most appreciated...
Chopin_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:50 AM   #2
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Welcome! Are you looking for an Auto to get away from shifting?
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:02 AM   #3
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Take a test drive in one is the only way to find out if it is for you.. Classic Chevy in Sugarland is associated with and helps support our H-Town Camaroclub. They have excellent sales people and service.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:23 PM   #4
Chopin_Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Welcome! Are you looking for an Auto to get away from shifting?
Sorry yes I should have mentioned that I would be looking at the A8 transmission. For a DD in this city a manual might have not been the best choice -- though definitely way more fun when not battling traffic...
Old 08-21-2017, 12:28 PM   #5
Chopin_Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post
Take a test drive in one is the only way to find out if it is for you.. Classic Chevy in Sugarland is associated with and helps support our H-Town Camaroclub. They have excellent sales people and service.
Thanks Expunge -- likely the only way I will know for sure indeed. Just wasn't sure if there were any previous 370z drivers on here. But good to know I can go visit this dealership...
Old 08-21-2017, 01:51 PM   #6
miketan

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
The camaro m6 has pretty great rev matching so I would consider driving both an a8 and m6 to decide which one fits what you are looking for.
miketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:24 PM   #7
Chopin_Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketan View Post
The camaro m6 has pretty great rev matching so I would consider driving both an a8 and m6 to decide which one fits what you are looking for.
Thanks Mike, but I definitely would just stick with the Z if I was going to keep a 6 speed. The thought with the moving to the Camaro is not only motivated by the transmission issue, but also the fact the Z hasn't seen an update since 2009 and is getting dated at this point. Looked at auto Nismo Zs, but those go for the same price as a 2SS and it's really hard to justify that pricing level for the car.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:25 PM   #8
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
The 370Z is a respectable car, but you're in for a real treat in a Camaro SS. Make sure you get behind the wheel for a test drive. Enjoy the power and torque, and then talk to Becky about buying a car at the best possible price.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:44 AM   #9
TooManyProjects

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss
I have a 350z and a Camaro.

350z for when I want to have fun driving the car at a slow speed > Camaro if I want to sit back and enjoy faster speed
TooManyProjects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:24 AM   #10
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
I daily drive my Camaro and love it, comfy and tons of power to pass when needed, you won't regret it

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:32 AM   #11
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
I've never driven a 370Z (always have really liked them, much improved form over the 350), but I did take 2 of them down at the 1/2 mile a couple weeks ago with my stock 2.0 1LT.... The SS would be way quicker than the 370 in every scenario
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:20 PM   #12
Chopin_Guy

Thanks for all the feedback -- I definitely need to get to a dealership, and give one a test drive. I was hoping to hold off a little longer on the Z, but was reminded with the beginning of the school year and return of ballistic traffic...