Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #29
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
The individual who threw the egg at your car, very likely is part of the "male" portion of the population. Also I would say it is likely the individual is under age 25. I would suspect it was more than 1 person involved. They likely work at a fast food operation, or they cannot obtain employment even at a wal-mart.

Only a fraction of a fraction of the population can or would purchase a ZL1. I would not assume this was an act of jealousy. This act came from someone who just has a very extreme low level of self esteem, and it would not surprise me if the person who did it does not even own any kind of automobile at all.

What is VERY sad and scary, is that some of these people doing the vandalizing probably think they are justified to do it, because they think that the people with "money and income" somehow have "caused harm" to the less fortunate (or they think you somehow did something magical to get a job), when in reality, the ones who have a "nice income" usually are just very hard working people who have worked very hard to get whatever kind of success they have in life.

The "non-success" type, has no clue what this feels like and probably never will. Anyone who would actually throw an egg, onto a car like a ZL-1, you simple have to assume they are truly a low-I.Q. type, who BELONGS at whatever LOW STATION in life that they are in right now. That is where they belong if they did damage your car for no reason at all other than to hurt you personally. Just be happy that you have a nice car and a nice life. Be Happy to know the facts that you are surround by complete morons. They are everywhere you go I promise you. And if you do choose to leave your car out again, "they" (the low lifes) will come back. Set up some kind of security camera or park your car in the backyard. Do what you need to do to stay separated from these GOONS who are everywhere.

A truly WISE TEEN would ADMIRE a ZL-1 and want to take a picture of this car. NOT THROW an egg at it. A part of me wonders if someone less than the age of 10 threw the egg at you also. If that happened, then the 10 year old has some kind of horrible parent or no parent at home to help them be aware that this action is inappropriate.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #30
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest mcnasty View Post
my guess is just jealousy. some people are just that way. sorry it happened to you.
My wifes cobalt was egged last year, must be jealousy or just some stupid Kid who had nothing better too do! If not that, a Mustang owner for sure
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #31
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
OP your reaction to wash it immediately was spot on. I pray that no dammage has occurred and that this never happenes again.

Thank you for your service.

I pray that the guilty party never reveals himself to you. I can't imagine how I would react if I was in this situation and I discoverd who the culprit was. I will say that karma..... if you believe in that sort of thing, has a unique way equalizing this sort of thing.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #32
billbunton

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Send a message via MSN to billbunton
I would guess it's got nothing to do with jealousy, it was just some kids out "having fun". Last year my GT500 and my wife's Mustang got egged. At first I was worried it might be someone picking us out, but the police officer who came out said they'd had reports from some other neighborhoods. He then cruised around ours, and found a couple of other places had been egged, including a 20 year old van.
billbunton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #33
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Those that are stating it's not jealousy are correct, it's envy, one of the other seven deadly sins! I had a rock thrown at my 4x4 many years ago. I saw where the kids ran to (their house of course) and got out and screaming and yelling and scared the shit out of them and their Mom who came to the front door to ask what had happened. Bet you they never did it again.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #34
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
The whole it must be a Mustang owner is as childish as the throwing eggs at any car..

I know a few Mustang owners and they never act like that, I get a thumbs up form them now and then as well..

So if there is Mustang owners out there doing this then there is Camaro owners out there doing it as well..

It just a fact of having to have low lifes everywhere..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #35
Mil

Drives: 2013 Victory Red w/ automatic #671
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
The whole it must be a Mustang owner is as childish as the throwing eggs at any car..

I know a few Mustang owners and they never act like that, I get a thumbs up form them now and then as well..

So if there is Mustang owners out there doing this then there is Camaro owners out there doing it as well..

It just a fact of having to have low lifes everywhere..

HEY not only do you have mustang rivals, envious people, or just random acts of stupidity from boredom; you also have those environmentalist green freaks that are guilty of egging vehicles also. I have a friend that owned a black hummer, and it got egged to hell, and keyed on the driver door; they left a note accusing him of murdering the planet with a little booklet about global warming. there are just psychos out there that exist.. you just never know if and when you're gonna be parked some where at the wrong or opportune time. My advice park in well lit areas, with fare amount of patron walking by. Keep your camaro in the garage if at all possible in your neighborhood, never park curb side making your vehicle too easy a target. Lastly, keep golf club in the trunk or a steel baseball bat in case you are confronted with one those kinds.

Last edited by Mil; 04-01-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote