Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-23-2016, 10:19 AM   #1
SliverSurfer

Drives: Summit White 2014 1LT
DRIVER SIDE SEAT MAKING SNAP/POP NOISE

A few weeks ago I sat in my seat and it made an odd snap/pop sound. I keept hearing it over the course of a couple days during the week and made an a point mentioned to take it to the dealer for them to check out. As these things go, the night before the apointment it stopped making the noise...I took it in any way. They said that they didn't find anything wrong with it. They sat in both the passage seat and driver seat and did not feel a difference. I had told them that I could feel a difference in the seat, almost like it had gone flat in the lumbar area. They said that they would have the shop foreman take a look at it...he didn't find anything either and they sent me on my way.

About 2 weeks later it started making the same noise...then it stopped after a couple days...

Has anyone else encountered this problem with their seats?
Old 05-23-2016, 10:28 AM   #2
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
I have not but I'm leather, maybe that makes a difference?
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 04:10 PM   #3
SliverSurfer

It almost sounded like it was some sort of metal wire/object inside the seat...not sure exactly.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:41 PM   #4
SliverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
Yeah. It's like a spring pop sound on a bad chair or something. It drives me crazy sometimes. Haha.
Sanjay - Does it feel like the seat has lost any support or shape/form?
Old 05-23-2016, 08:43 PM   #5
sprint17

Drives: 2012 ls
This happened to mine and then some tubing started to protrude through the foam on the left side of the drivers seat. ended up being that the spring frame broke in the seat then the foam split in the seat, causing the bar to be felt in the seat. You can unzip the seat cover and look. I haven't fixed mine yet just notice a few days ago.
sprint17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:45 PM   #6
SliverSurfer

Thanks Sprint!

I just went to out to the garage and tilted the seat forward to see if I could unzip the seat cover. I didn't even have to unzip the seat cover and noticed there seemed to be something protruding from the back of the seat...see attached.

..a bulge in the seat back right behind the zipper on the seat back...
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2016, 10:26 PM   #7
SliverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
I have no idea what I am looking at. Lol.
Haha! I thought someone might ask. LOL

It's the lower left side on the back of the driver side seat. There is something sticking out behind the seat cover. It's more pronounced in person than it is in the picture.

If you rotate the picture a quarter turn clockwise, it will make more sense...the pic was in the proper orientation when I uploaded it. LOL
Old 05-23-2016, 10:34 PM   #8
SliverSurfer

I noticed it when I tilted the seat back forward and ran my hand down the back left side of the seat along the zipper on the seat cover. It was pretty obvious when I tilted the seat forward. It feels kind of springy when you press on it. There shouldn't be anything protruding.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:21 PM   #9
SliverSurfer

Well, took the car into the dealer this Thursday. They ordered the parts needed to fix the seat. The service rep said they're replacing the seat frame and skeleton due to the internal supports breaking loose...hopefully the seat cushion/packing will be in tact and won't be lumpy wen they're done.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:44 PM   #10
Spades33

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
Just to add to this, as mine support just broke.

In case anyone else has this issue, this is likely what you are looking for.

http://www.gmpartshouse.com/chevrole...lumbar-support
Spades33 is offline   Reply With Quote