The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 08-11-2017, 07:41 PM   #1
Kim

Drives: 2014 Torch Red Z51
2014 C7 CRANKSHAFT

I've had my car 3.75 years and have 98000 miles on it. I drive it daily and have had very little problem with it...until two months ago. I lost a torque tube, then a pully bearing, then a starter, and while they were doing the starter repair it "bound up" at the dealership and when they dropped the bottom end they found the crank bearing had failed. They are now going to the factory to determine whether to repair or replace the engine. Has anybody had any experience with the fix or replace issue? I bought the car with the knowledge I would drive it a lot, keep it forever, and enjoy my dream car as much as possible. I've started to loose faith in the engine and running gear with all the reports I'm reading. Any thoughts on these subjects would be appreciated.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:25 PM   #2
BRCC
BRCC Webmaster

Drives: 2017 GS 3LT Sterling Blue/Gray Int
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
I've had my car 3.75 years and have 98000 miles on it. I drive it daily and have had very little problem with it...until two months ago. I lost a torque tube, then a pully bearing, then a starter, and while they were doing the starter repair it "bound up" at the dealership and when they dropped the bottom end they found the crank bearing had failed. They are now going to the factory to determine whether to repair or replace the engine. Has anybody had any experience with the fix or replace issue? I bought the car with the knowledge I would drive it a lot, keep it forever, and enjoy my dream car as much as possible. I've started to loose faith in the engine and running gear with all the reports I'm reading. Any thoughts on these subjects would be appreciated.
I had a rear main go out on a 14, but it was later discovered they did not follow the proper procedure when replacing the torque tube, however that was with 3K miles on the car. See page 4 Drive Shaft Support Alignment.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 201312.pdf (1.87 MB, 261 views)
BRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:27 PM   #3
BRCC
BRCC Webmaster

Drives: 2017 GS 3LT Sterling Blue/Gray Int
Added PDF
BRCC is offline   Reply With Quote