Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-17-2015, 07:43 PM   #1
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Thoughts and Impressions from the 6th Gen Reveal

To General Motor/Chevrolet: Thank you for allowing consumers/enthusiasts to participate in the reveal yesterday. That went above and beyond expectations for you to provide such accommodations to all of us. Congratulations on a tremendous new product. I will own one. I am sure the Camaro Team faced many challenging moments over the past three years in developing this new car. Collaboration on the level required to produce a new product, as intricate as an automobile, takes team work and a commitment from leadership. The fruits of your labor were on display yesterday and it was tremendous, from this consumer’s perspective. Well done!

To The Oshawa Build Team: Thank you for building such awesome 5th Gen Camaros. I have personally owned 4 of them and each one was trouble free. Thanks for your commitment to excellence. Thanks to Mike Judge for representing the Oshawa team to the Camaro community. The dedication and passion of the Oshawa team is second to none. Lansing has big shoes to fill for the 6th Gen.

To the progressive 5th Gen owners: The new car takes some styling features from the 5th generation and employ them in exquisite fashion. The styling is really incredible in person. I consider myself a relatively objective person and my first word was “WOW” when they rolled them out yesterday. After spending time talking to Camaro team members it is clear this new car is going to be better in every way. There is genuine excitement and confidence in this. Exterior styling, size, weight, interior style and amenities, performance, handling, and overall experience are all better. You will not be disappointed when you move out of your 5th Gen and into your 6th Gen. I am hopeful for a high HP Zxx model and will wait for that.

To the patient person that sat out of 5th Gen: You will be rewarded for your patience. This car will be more to the heritage of Camaro, with a smaller more nimble feel. This couple with more power and torque will prove to be a potent combination. This car will turn heads and will be rewarding to drive.

To the “sun rises and sets with the 5th Gen Camaro” owner: Be happy with your 5th Gen Camaro. It’s a great car. It will continue to be a great car. Enjoy it. But…please spare us the rhetoric about why you are staying with your 5th Gen because you don’t like this or that on the 6th Gen. This new car will be better and that’s ok. Please try to get over that.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:48 PM   #2
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
So glad I didnt jst upgrade to a 5th gen v8 like a bunch of other v6 folks!

Camaro6>

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:58 PM   #3
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Some people are going to hate it and some love it.

For me, I still love the styling of the 5th Gen. The 6th Gen is a bit too modernized for me. That is what is going to draw a lot of people to the 6th Gen though. I always wanted the look of the 1st Gen and IMO the 5th Gen has that.

Not that the 6th Gen is ugly or anything and the performance looks like it will be there but at the moment it's just not for me.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:15 PM   #4
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
To General Motor/Chevrolet: Thank you for allowing consumers/enthusiasts to participate in the reveal yesterday. That went above and beyond expectations for you to provide such accommodations to all of us. Congratulations on a tremendous new product. I will own one. I am sure the Camaro Team faced many challenging moments over the past three years in developing this new car. Collaboration on the level required to produce a new product, as intricate as an automobile, takes team work and a commitment from leadership. The fruits of your labor were on display yesterday and it was tremendous, from this consumer’s perspective. Well done!

To The Oshawa Build Team: Thank you for building such awesome 5th Gen Camaros. I have personally owned 4 of them and each one was trouble free. Thanks for your commitment to excellence. Thanks to Mike Judge for representing the Oshawa team to the Camaro community. The dedication and passion of the Oshawa team is second to none. Lansing has big shoes to fill for the 6th Gen.

To the progressive 5th Gen owners: The new car takes some styling features from the 5th generation and employ them in exquisite fashion. The styling is really incredible in person. I consider myself a relatively objective person and my first word was “WOW” when they rolled them out yesterday. After spending time talking to Camaro team members it is clear this new car is going to be better in every way. There is genuine excitement and confidence in this. Exterior styling, size, weight, interior style and amenities, performance, handling, and overall experience are all better. You will not be disappointed when you move out of your 5th Gen and into your 6th Gen. I am hopeful for a high HP Zxx model and will wait for that.

To the patient person that sat out of 5th Gen: You will be rewarded for your patience. This car will be more to the heritage of Camaro, with a smaller more nimble feel. This couple with more power and torque will prove to be a potent combination. This car will turn heads and will be rewarding to drive.

To the “sun rises and sets with the 5th Gen Camaro” owner: Be happy with your 5th Gen Camaro. It’s a great car. It will continue to be a great car. Enjoy it. But…please spare us the rhetoric about why you are staying with your 5th Gen because you don’t like this or that on the 6th Gen. This new car will be better and that’s ok. Please try to get over that.
Well, ya had me right up until the last paragraph... totally un-called for. You're on a public site dedicated to the purpose of providing the hundreds of thousands of Gen5 owners a place to discuss their beautiful Camaros.

Tell you what... I'll stay out of the Gen6 Forum if you'll stay out of the Gen5 Forum. And please spare us the rhetoric about why you will be getting a Gen6 because it's so much better than the Gen5. And for the record, though I love my Gen5, I will certainly consider a Gen6 based on all the improvements it seems they will have. Sounds like a great car.

And hey - this is a discussion forum where Camaro owners voice their opinions, likes, and dislikes. Please try to get over that.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:25 PM   #5
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Ugh.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:25 PM   #6
shinzon
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 ZL1
TO: BlueClyde ..... Your weird bro, come off your soapbox, Your opine is not Bible. Just because your full of yourself doesn't make your two cents worth a damn. It's just a car bro.... just a car....but your a dork. seriously.

2014 Black ZL1 - Toothless -
Previous Lovers :2014 1LE , 2010 2SS RS,2004 GTO, 2000 Camaro SS x 2
shinzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:28 PM   #7
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Well, ya had me right up until the last paragraph... totally un-called for. You're on a public site dedicated to the purpose of providing the hundreds of thousands of Gen5 owners a place to discuss their beautiful Camaros.

Tell you what... I'll stay out of the Gen6 Forum if you'll stay out of the Gen5 Forum. And please spare us the rhetoric about why you will be getting a Gen6 because it's so much better than the Gen5. And for the record, though I love my Gen5, I will certainly consider a Gen6 based on all the improvements it seems they will have. Sounds like a great car.

And hey - this is a discussion forum where Camaro owners voice their opinions, likes, and dislikes. Please try to get over that.
I, uhhhhhh, think that is why he created the thread.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:43 PM   #8
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post

I get what you're saying but technically he posted it on Camaro6...
Old 05-17-2015, 09:47 PM   #9
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
"will be better". Well....can't say that about styling (interior and exterior) b/c styling is subjective, but as for most other topics I'd have to agree.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:52 PM   #10
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
I was also there. Hats off to general motors and chevrolet..the reveal was totally classy. As to the sixth gen, I did like it butttt...it was softer than my ZL1. Now, I assume that the more extreme versions will have a harder edge to them.. I love my Zl1, and with the LPE stage 1 package its an awesome, awesome machine. Cant believe it can get any better for the street. However, I may consider an SS to replace my 370Z NISMO. As for accessories, I talked with those folks and they were adamant they have a full team to develop them.. I stressed we want warranty friendly performance enhancements!!
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:20 PM   #11
Cody2399

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS, 2004 Dodge Ram 150
After seeing the 6th gen I am so happy that I have not upgraded to a 5th gen v8. I was really thinking about doing it for awhile now that my financial situation is much better than working at fast food last year.

I will definitely be getting a 16 ss it is now just a matter of what color and when these things hit the lots.

Chevy did an amazing job with these cars and I am so happy to be able to be apart of this next generation.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:49 AM   #12
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinzon View Post
TO: BlueClyde ..... Your weird bro, come off your soapbox, Your opine is not Bible. Just because your full of yourself doesn't make your two cents worth a damn. It's just a car bro.... just a car....but your a dork. seriously.
Wow. OK. I appreciate your feedback.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:03 AM   #13
87GNX

Drives: Alot
6th gen will make the 5th gen obsolete in performance, looks are subjective. Chevy did a great job.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:30 AM   #14
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I get what you're saying but technically he posted it on Camaro6...
I understand that, but starting a thread about "Thoughts and Impressions from the 6th Gen Reveal" and then stating, "please spare us the rhetoric about why you are staying with your 5th Gen because you don’t like this or that on the 6th Gen..." suggests OP isn't interested in discussing anything that disagrees with his personal opinions about Gen6 Camaros (which I totally agreed with until the last paragraph). That doesn't sit well with me.

That's okay though... a comparison thread will no doubt emerge and we will be able to discuss and compare pros and cons. In fact, I believe there already are a few that lean in that direction.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote