The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 03-13-2015, 09:55 AM   #1
FirstVetteAnticipation

Drives: 2015 Corvette 1LT
Ordering Frustration/Advice

I placed my order for a Torch Red 1LT with ZF1 appearance package, black wheels and red calipers on January 28.

I have been trying to stay patient but I am still sitting at 1100 status.

I went in to meet with the sales manager at the dealership who showed me the GM Workbench Order Tracking System. The dealer has 3 Corvettes in the order cue and I am third. He still can not give me information about a projected production week.

I stopped at another local dealer to see if this was normal. He too had 2 corvette's sitting at SOLD status waiting to be picked up by GM for a projected production week.

He cautioned me about pulling my order out for a different dealer as "I may be starting the wait all over again."

Does anyone have any insight/guidance? I am growing progressively more frustrated as time goes on as at first, I expected to have the vehicle by Spring Break, but now I am just hoping I have it by summertime. Is this just normal?
FirstVetteAnticipation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:25 AM   #2
WildOne
the "crazy cat" lady

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Blk Vrt
If the dealers don't have allocations then you will continue waiting. Also, if any options ordered are on constraint then that will hold up your order as well. I just placed an order for 2 cars (mine and my parents) and the dealer had allocations available but the Z51 and top are on constraint. We're hoping that the orders will get accepted by GM next week but no guarantee. Waiting game. I have a trade so need to work locally, if you don't check with Becky at Rodgers Chevrolet or one of the big national dealerships as they usually have plenty of allocations available.
WildOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #3
goldbug

Drives: 2014 Stingray
It's tough, but patience is all you've got at this point if you still want the car.
You *could* cancel your order and switch to a higher-volume dealer that gets more allocations, but nothing is a guarantee...

For me, I'd just be happy if the dealer was honest throughout the process. My dealer didn't seem to know the real process and didn't seem to care about my emails when I'd check on status, and it really soured me on them to the point where I might not be using them for maintenance despite being much closer than other dealers.

FWIW: I waited almost exactly 6 months from time of order and delivery. The wait sucked.

However, Becky and the status thread was very helpful throughout the process, so much more than my local dealer.
goldbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:54 AM   #4
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Best advice....
is always ask questions regarding
where the order stands vs available allocation....

I have an available....
Torch Red 1LT, Transparent Roof, Automatic Trans.,
Multi- Mode Exhaust, Black Wheels, ZF1 Appearance Package

and My Delivery Truck ...just got back from Florida...
http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399428

....Let me know if I can help...

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 04:36 PM   #5
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

Drives: 2014 Corvette
I agree with Becky....if they don't have an allocation coming up....youre going to stay there for a long time....A dealer in Little Rock is getting their C7 and Z-06s quickly......The key is them being a dealership that sells lots of vettes and getting allocations.......I ordered my 2014 when they first came out and it was ordered in July 2014 and I got it oct 5th 2014 from that dealer- they got in 13 before mine
asptroopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 02:02 AM   #6
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
i think the whole allocation thing is pretty dumb, and pisses me off. I also am going through the same BS. I want a corvette and willing to pay money for one, and i would love to put a non refundable deposit down on one. But because my dealership doesnt have allocations i gotta call bunch of other dealerships to even get my car order.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 02:04 AM   #7
mikeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Best advice....
is always ask questions regarding
where the order stands vs available allocation....

I have an available....
Torch Red 1LT, Transparent Roof, Automatic Trans.,
Multi- Mode Exhaust, Black Wheels, ZF1 Appearance Package

and My Delivery Truck ...just got back from Florida...
http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399428

....Let me know if I can help...

Becky
Becky do you have allocations for a Z51 coupe, ready to order right away ,once my sales guy calls me back to verify he doesn't have any allocations. I am not looking to buy off lot either.

Send me PM if you would like, i am also located 40 mins away from Rodgers.

I should be ready to go either Saturday or Monday if we can do this over the phone. i could also fax over my ID.

please let me know
Old 03-14-2015, 06:35 AM   #8
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Well it "pisses me off" when prople think that gm is distributing cars via who they like' or some stuff like that. Its just business...read what ive written a few times. This is your dealers fault , he decided a long time ago that he didn't want to Play by the rules that gm set up way before the c7 was launched:

this won't be popular with many, but there are two sides to this issue.

it's not about "big dealers get the cars" -->one of the biggest dealers is outside columbus ohio by 30 miles, another is in the Dakotas somewhere or Montana, not sure...

it's pretty simple - it's just business....BMW has just announced to the dealers that the i8 will be doled out to the dealers with the largest 6 and 7 sales for 2014....IT IS NOT A CONSUMER FRIENDLY SYSTEM...let's agree on that.

Back in 2010 (or 11, not sure) when you could not give away a C6 due the old design and the wall street Lehman brothers failure thing, GM needed help to keep BG open.They asked their dealers to buy C6's and most told them to pound sand. Note: (Most) Dealers are not LOYAL TO ANYTHING EXCEPT THE $$$. So GM told them the next C7 would be based on who took C6's. AT THIS POINT IN TIME EVERY DEALER IN THE UNITED STATES COULD DECIDE IF HE WANTED TO PLAY OR NOT. A few stepped up, did the hard thing and sold, begged and gave away C6's when it was not popular. Today we call them "forum dealers" And to the victor, blah blah blah

you can hate the system but its pretty much the industry standard as long as dealers are independent and can tell the factory to pound sand when things get tough....

Std disclaimer: its not how it should be , but how it is....

also it will not last long, and is 1st/2nd year thing (except for constraint cars) ...As the forum dealers get choked on product, GM will open it up so more allocations go to the base network. That will happen soon. Conti has 50 for sale on the ground right now, and something's gotta give...as one my exec friends in the industry says " you can't eat like an elephant and sh** like a bird for long".....

FYI - I am not a dealer, but was one, and after finding my local dealer could not supply for 8 months, I too drove 1200 miles to get my car - it was a fun vacation and a no hassle transaction.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 01:43 PM   #9
mikeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Well it "pisses me off" when prople think that gm is distributing cars via who they like' or some stuff like that. Its just business...read what ive written a few times. This is your dealers fault , he decided a long time ago that he didn't want to Play by the rules that gm set up way before the c7 was launched:

this won't be popular with many, but there are two sides to this issue.

it's not about "big dealers get the cars" -->one of the biggest dealers is outside columbus ohio by 30 miles, another is in the Dakotas somewhere or Montana, not sure...
I think the current way dealers gets car from GM is ok, when a DEALER whats a car for there lot. They should work off allocations.But when someone walks in and orders a car and puts money down for it. That order should go in right away, and the deposit should not be refundable. until you take owner ship.

My dealership was very honest with me and said they did not have a allocation. I was ok with waiting as they said the order should go in within a month. But i found out that the 2015 builds end on the 26. Now i gotta work hard to give GM my money and find someone who has a allocation.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:51 PM   #10
lamjoh

Drives: 2015 Torch Red Z51 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
i think the whole allocation thing is pretty dumb, and pisses me off. I also am going through the same BS. I want a corvette and willing to pay money for one, and i would love to put a non refundable deposit down on one. But because my dealership doesnt have allocations i gotta call bunch of other dealerships to even get my car order.

also try TOM from Bud's Chevy in ST Marys OHIO they sell a lot of Corvettes, ordered mine from tom on Sept. 29th had it Nov 8th... no deposit required!

(1100) Ordered 09/25/2014
(3000) Accepted by Production 09/30/2014
(3300) Scheduled 10/10/2014
(3400) Broadcast 10/17/2014
(3800) Produced BORN 10/28/2014
(4B00) Bayed 10/29/2014
(4000) Available to ship 10/29/2014
(4200) SHIPPED 11/03/2014
(5000) Delivered 11/04/2014
lamjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:32 AM   #11
mikeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamjoh View Post
also try TOM from Bud's Chevy in ST Marys OHIO they sell a lot of Corvettes, ordered mine from tom on Sept. 29th had it Nov 8th... no deposit required!
thanks ! going to try a few Michigan dealerships first, then start to look out of state.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:13 AM   #12
lamjoh

Quote:
thanks ! going to try a few Michigan dealerships first, then start to look out of state.
Sounds good. i would try becky in MI she will honest and up front with you. Call her, when i did my deal through Bud's in OHIO is was all through a phone call and couple emails, went to dealership when car was delivered.

(4B00) Bayed 10/29/2014
Old 03-15-2015, 01:12 PM   #13
mikeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamjoh View Post
Sounds good. i would try becky in MI she will honest and up front with you. Call her, when i did my deal through Bud's in OHIO is was all through a phone call and couple emails, went to dealership when car was delivered.
What info did they need over the phone ?
What is the process when buying out of state at a dealership?

just wanna be ready.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:19 PM   #14
lamjoh

Quote:
What info did they need over the phone ?
What is the process when buying out of state at a dealership?

just wanna be ready.
Just my Name and what car i wanted and options.
Sales tax is really the only issue OHIO collects 6% so if Michigan is 6% you owe Michigan $0 for sales tax. If Michigan is 7% you would owe 1% to Michigan when you title car. In Indiana since the car was from Ohio I had to drive to police station and do a VIN check took 2 minutes. the process is very easy. Call TOM hes in the office 8am on weekdays and Saturday except Thursdays. Tom is a Corvette guy and knows his stuff.

(4B00) Bayed 10/29/2014