The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #15
GQ4Life


 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fishkill, NY
Posts: 5,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
Congrats!!!
Thank you
just got go out there & give 110%.. 110%
__________________
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #16
GQ4Life


 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fishkill, NY
Posts: 5,211
3300 as of yesterday
__________________
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #17
purpleRac3r
 
purpleRac3r's Avatar
 
Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Troy, Mo
Posts: 623
A friend and both have Stingrays ordered, and both went to 3300 Monday. I also received the confirmation call from the NCM on the name for my Museum Delivery dash plaque. Getting close for both of us!
__________________
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #18
Ciscokid
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert - BRM&2014 NRB Vette
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 213
Went by my dealer today, sales manager checked the order and my car has a TPW of 7/1/2013.
If all goes well, could see the Vette in Aug. Cant wait!
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:06 AM   #19
GQ4Life


 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fishkill, NY
Posts: 5,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciscokid View Post
Went by my dealer today, sales manager checked the order and my car has a TPW of 7/1/2013.
If all goes well, could see the Vette in Aug. Cant wait!
July 1st be awesome but doubt it
__________________
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #20
Ciscokid
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert - BRM&2014 NRB Vette
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
July 1st be awesome but doubt it
Why?

Are you saying the TPW isn't correct? What's the point of assigning a date to TPW if its something else. When I ordered my ZL1 and it got the TPW, it was built during that week.
Why is it different for the Vette?
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #21
GQ4Life


 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fishkill, NY
Posts: 5,211
Everyones TPW that was in July is now changed to August
__________________
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #22
Ciscokid
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert - BRM&2014 NRB Vette
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
Everyones TPW that was in July is now changed to August
hmm..even my TPW just changed on 6/28 to 7/1?

I agree, seems too good to be true. :(
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #23
GQ4Life


 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fishkill, NY
Posts: 5,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciscokid View Post
hmm..even my TPW just changed on 6/28 to 7/1?

I agree, seems too good to be true. :(
Ur at 3300?
__________________
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #24
Ciscokid
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert - BRM&2014 NRB Vette
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 213
I'll let you all know what happens next week. Status on the form I got from dealer shows 3000
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #25
GQ4Life


 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fishkill, NY
Posts: 5,211
According to Becky TPW are set at 3300
__________________
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #26
laborsmith


 
Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Detroit Metropolitan Area
Posts: 2,869
I have had a TPW at 3000 that remained true to build and I have had a TPW at 3300 that did not. Usually when you get a TPW at 3300 it sticks, but as I have seen in the past on other cars and as you are seeing in the present with the Stingray, certainty is not the name of the game.

We know two things: Chevrolet has not announced an official start of production date which occurs several weeks before the start AND no one has gone to 3400, which happens in the week before the vehicle is produced and which must happen so the little stickers with the VIN can be printed and certain parts stamped with the VIN.

There is no one acquainted with the ordering process who will contradict these statements and the changeability is probably one reason I have ordered so many in the past and the frustration of the process is why I often vow to never do a retail sold order again.

A vow I have often broken but this time I am sticking to it, at least until I decide to order again.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #27
GQ4Life


 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fishkill, NY
Posts: 5,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
I have had a TPW at 3000 that remained true to build and I have had a TPW at 3300 that did not. Usually when you get a TPW at 3300 it sticks, but as I have seen in the past on other cars and as you are seeing in the present with the Stingray, certainty is not the name of the game.

We know two things: Chevrolet has not announced an official start of production date which occurs several weeks before the start AND no one has gone to 3400, which happens in the week before the vehicle is produced and which must happen so the little stickers with the VIN can be printed and certain parts stamped with the VIN.

There is no one acquainted with the ordering process who will contradict these statements and the changeability is probably one reason I have ordered so many in the past and the frustration of the process is why I often vow to never do a retail sold order again.

A vow I have often broken but this time I am sticking to it, at least until I decide to order again.

Laborsmith
Just do it.. come on u know u want to..
whats the big deal just waiting. I dont know TPW & I didnt even ask. Im a great guesser i guess ill have the car oct earliest or prob just get in dec..
__________________
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #28
Drake Heminger


 
Drake Heminger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stafford, VA
Posts: 2,951
I hope we hear something about production starting soon!!!
__________________
"What a coincidence, Drake returns and brings
brand new ZL1's with him...." - CAM....ZL1
Drake Heminger is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.