Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-23-2017, 10:52 AM   #15
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
I recently moved to Virginia, had a crack appear in taillight. I am still under bumper to bumper warranty. I had them replace it and the dealership is sending me those cards saying the same thing. Just advertising to get you into a new loan so they can make money off the interest.
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:15 AM   #16
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I never got any of the letters you guys mentioned. What this means is that my car is a POS.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:51 AM   #17
Orange skid mark
Just an average Dude

Drives: 2015 1LT Grey w/Orange Rally Stripe
I have been getting them from a Ford dealer lately. One even give an offer amount and said they would sell to me at friends and family pricing. I doubt they pulled a Carfax report first because my car has diminished value attached to it for airbag deployment. So, I am sure there are exclusions to their offer to cover them.

I don't want any Fords so it doesn't matter how much they offer me.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:19 PM   #18
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
I traded a Honda Pilot to my local Honda dealer. I checked the KBB trade-in value and printed the report. Without telling him, he gave me that exact same amount and not a dollar more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:22 PM   #19
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
It's called a "prescreen" offer... you were selected, among several thousand others, because you paid off your car or lease. Demographic software run by Equifax/TU/Experian by a vendor for that dealer.

https://jalopnik.com/what-s-with-tho...ers-1742271244

https://thegarage.jalopnik.com/the-d...ade-1672210544

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228

Last edited by sherob; 10-23-2017 at 12:46 PM.
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:31 PM   #20
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
It's not complete horseshit. I get KBB updates for 'changes in value' on my Camaro. While it's not setting NASDAQ-like records, it's had some increases over the last six months. Even as recently as a couple of weeks ago. "High demand" may be a stretch though.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:23 PM   #21
rshelar

Sherob is right on. Yes, the offer is complete crap. They all do it and have for years. The OP says he was “contacted” but didn’t say how. I’m sure it must have been a letter (sent by the contractor) or maybe a phone call. If he hasn’t gotten a call yet, he will. Even worse are these companies that market extended warranties. An industry with annual revenue of $14B.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:35 PM   #22
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I have a number of cars... I regularly get mail that breathlessly explains how glad they are to have reached me.... because MY (fill in the blank) is in HIGH demand right now, and they'll basically give me ANYTHING for it... I MUST come into the dealership immediately for this... they're begging me!

That mail is in the same category as all of the BS junk mail that has notes and lies written all over the exterior of the envelope to trick a person into opening the envelope instead of pitching it immediately into the trash (where it belongs, and will end up anyhow): "Time- sensitive material... open immediately!" "For addressee ONLY!" "Final attempt!" "Legal documents enclosed!" Or, a brand- spankin' new BS note I saw yesterday on some junk mail: "Do not bend." Yep, it tricked me into thinking that maybe--- just maybe--- there was something in there that might have some value... maybe some of those return address stickers, or a photo, or something. Nope... nothing but a letter telling me that I needed to respond NOW in order to get the discount rate for some magazine that a do not want.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:56 PM   #23
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Or, a brand- spankin' new BS note I saw yesterday on some junk mail: "Do not bend."
LOL! I got one like that, had a plastic key inside!
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:02 PM   #24
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
You make me laugh. Sure, it's a marketing effort to get you in there, but no one is going to give you a price WITHOUT looking at the car first. No one says you have to take it. People make me laugh on this forum. Are you all sheep? Just because you go into the dealer for a price doesn't mean you have to sign anything. Go in and say here's my car. How much clean? How much for a trade? 123 and you have your answer as to what your car is worth to a dealer.
Have you done that? I have. If 123 means 1, 2, 3 hours of BS as they give you the run around pushing you to buy a new car "while they wait for your car to be appraised". Sure it's just 1 2 3. Oh, and keep in mind they need your keys to test drive it and have the mechanic look it over etc, aka you can't leave.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:43 PM   #25
rshelar

It’s all an attempt to get you on the lot. If I receive anything sent via “bulk mail”, it goes in the trash.

Old 10-23-2017, 04:03 PM   #26
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
I never got any of the letters you guys mentioned. What this means is that my car is a POS.
They are afraid of the catch can!
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:26 PM   #27
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
They are afraid of the catch can!
LOL. But really, I never got one of these. What does the letter actually say?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:35 PM   #28
rshelar

They simply say that your vehicle is in high demand and they will give you “top dollar”.
All crap!